4.20 star(s) 29 Votes

Filos

Sep 2, 2018
Am I the only one who still has trouble beating Oopart? That fucking bastard kept sending me so many waves of enemies that I had to use the emergency save feature, quit, edit the emergency save and then reload every time my erosion reached critical level. I've beaten the bastard in about half an hour using this exploit. There's probably a better solution, but I haven't found it: I tried changing my max hp and erosion, but they quickly defaulted to the regular levels. Now I'm waiting for 7zip to finish unpacking the game, I'll change the cursed sword so it decreased my erosion every time I use it.

Null98

Nov 14, 2018
Am I the only one who still has trouble beating Oopart? That fucking bastard kept sending me so many waves of enemies that I had to use the emergency save feature, quit, edit the emergency save and then reload every time my erosion reached critical level. I've beaten the bastard in about half an hour using this exploit. There's probably a better solution, but I haven't found it: I tried changing my max hp and erosion, but they quickly defaulted to the regular levels. Now I'm waiting for 7zip to finish unpacking the game, I'll change the cursed sword so it decreased my erosion every time I use it.
hmm this is a tough question this is a battle of endurance so you'd probably have to get accessories that have all the useful skills from both monster girls and weapons just to able to adapt to it's movement and enemies. the offering statue may serve some use since it may help with getting accessories and monster remains currently unable to be obtained at the moment. The new feature with weird soul buffs may help too. I've also fought the boss too, but I'm sure it can easily be destroyed through normal means with enough time and preparation

kiava

Oct 2, 2017
hi guys i need to know something, once i'm in the labyrinth and erosion is 100 % is there a way to come back to home without dying ?

Null98

Nov 14, 2018
hi guys i need to know something, once i'm in the labyrinth and erosion is 100 % is there a way to come back to home without dying ?
hm depends on how far in the labyrinth you are. If you're early on in the labyrinth it's a death sentence since your health regeneration is gone as well skill point regeneration as well the fact that you're health is constantly lowering every turn so yeah. there is an immediate method to get back with an item, but that item is something you get much later on in the labyrinth like past the second boss time period. to answer your question every fifth floor is a resting area as well as an area to get potions called soul drops which lower your corruption. this area also has a bell which lets you go back outside the labyrinth.

Reactions: kiava

Filos

Sep 2, 2018
hmm this is a tough question this is a battle of endurance so you'd probably have to get accessories that have all the useful skills from both monster girls and weapons just to able to adapt to it's movement and enemies. the offering statue may serve some use since it may help with getting accessories and monster remains currently unable to be obtained at the moment. The new feature with weird soul buffs may help too. I've also fought the boss too, but I'm sure it can easily be destroyed through normal means with enough time and preparation
Thank you for the reply.
I think I could theoretically prepare for the boss fight, I just think it would be a very long process that could be easily twarthed by a wrong encounter or two. The soul buffs are quite useful, but in order to stockpile enough of them to make farming items a breeze I would have to spend hours upon hours running around in the first levels. Anything before the first boss, I can do it easily, but once I reach the forest, I really have to start choosing my own battles. Most of the time, I reach the safe area before the Oopart and say: "Yep, that's how far I can go without dying. I've just spent an hour carefully managing my encounters just to retreat in front of the boss room because I'm not ready to fight it yet." In order to survive the lower levels, I have to use everything I have, so even farming becomes quite challenging once I start selecting the items and weapons I carry and forge respectively. I probably can do better, it's a fun game and I love to challenge myself from time to time, but it's the mandatory battles we're talking about. The main path that you have to follow in order to progress into the story... I'm not sure if it should be this hard.

Tl;dr: if you play this game once in a while for fun, you'll probably feel like preparing for the harder content is a slog. You could do it, but would you enjoy doing it?

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Null98

Nov 14, 2018
Thank you for the reply.
I think I could theoretically prepare for the boss fight, I just think it would be a very long process that could be easily twarthed by a wrong encounter or two. The soul buffs are quite useful, but in order to stockpile enough of them to make farming items a breeze I would have to spend hours upon hours running around in the first levels. Anything before the first boss, I can do it easily, but once I reach the forest, I really have to start choosing my own battles. Most of the time, I reach the safe area before the Oopart and say: "Yep, that's how far I can go without dying. I've just spent an hour carefully managing my encounters just to retreat in front of the boss room because I'm not ready to fight it yet." In order to survive the lower levels, I have to use everything I have, so even farming becomes quite challenging once I start selecting the items and weapons I carry and forge respectively. I probably can do better, it's a fun game and I love to challenge myself from time to time, but it's the mandatory battles we're talking about. The main path that you have to follow in order to progress into the story... I'm not sure if it should be this hard.

Tl;dr: if you play this game once in a while for fun, you'll probably feel like preparing for the harder content is a slog. You could do it, but would you enjoy doing it?
I do understand where you're coming from and I certainly don't enjoy the process. It's certainly become much easier soul buffs I didn't really have that luxury when I found out about the game I had to literally make it to the second boss with God knows how many Soul drops, But when I finally fought the boss with the accessories with all the skills on them which just made things a cakewalk as well the other items and the main weapon I certainly did feel powerful. I mean the process can feel like a pain, but having the right skill as well as right item at the right moment felt great. It's like completing a very complicated puzzle to me.
I know the process will be definitely dull in terms of preparation, but isn't that the same with hard to achieve goals. Sorry for restating a point multiple times.

chrisrlink

Oct 24, 2017
0.62d will work no MG afaik were added the only difference is MG lv added in arena and also more than 10 MG (maybe 1 of each?) can be fought in the arena

xUNOwen

Nov 20, 2018
Sorry to bother someone but anyone know if it's possible to cheat infinite items? My gameplay style would be to farm something really good and then go for a run with all my stuff but if i loose i have to start from scratch

Filos

Sep 2, 2018
Sorry to bother someone but anyone know if it's possible to cheat infinite items? My gameplay style would be to farm something really good and then go for a run with all my stuff but if i loose i have to start from scratch
There are two ways you can approach this problem. You can:

1) edit your save file to increase your maximum load by a ton and giving yourself multiple copies of each item in the game

or

2) unpack the game and edit the game's plugins, so you don't waste your items when you use them.

Technically you can do both of these things at the same time.
The first solution is a bit tricky because there are a lot of items, and you would have to analyze the save file in order to find exactly how to edit your stats and inventory. I personally gave up on this, but if you're determined enough I think you can crack the code.
The second solution, while simpler, relies on what you can find during your exploration. It doesn't give you all the items, it just prevents you from losing them. You could have infinite Soul Drops and Health Potions just by having one of each, because you can use them for an unlimited number of times without consuming them.

None of these solutions helps you with the fact that you can only select a limited number of items to carry with you once you die and return to the hub. I think there's a way to increase the number of items via soul imprints, which makes me think that there is a parameter that determines how many items you can keep. If there is, there's a function that uses this number, and you just have to multiply it by 1000 and BAM, you can keep 1000 times more items than before. This can already be done with the chest in the church: the save file contains the exact capacity of the chest, but since it's dynamically calculated base on how many times it's been expanded, if you only edit the save file that change you made would be quickly overridden by the number correcly calculated by the game. How to fix this? Easy: change the function that calculates the room in the chest, so it always returns the number you want.

There's a lot you can do by changing the code inside the plugins to cheat. It's fairly easy, but I'm just too lazy to do it.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
The game isn't too unforgiving. If I remember right, one of the soul upgrades should allow you to pick and choose up to a number of items to keep if you actually do lose. You don't want to carry all your loot between runs anyways because your max carry weight limit will get in the way of picking up other loot. Otherwise, a couple soul drops is usually enough to keep you from dying until you get to a point when you can teleport out. If you're aiming to kill a boss, you should only have things that will keep you alive and help you win.

realzzhzzh

Jul 21, 2019
After activated the catgirl's side quest, I cleared the 3rd boss and advanced to the hot spring area without obtaining the tail. Now I'm on run 7 back to stage 2 for that meat.

Could anyone shed some light on if side quests have time limit? So I can know whether to keep farming area 2 for that tail or continue the stage. Much appreciated.

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
After activated the catgirl's side quest, I cleared the 3rd boss and advanced to the hot spring area without obtaining the tail. Now I'm on run 7 back to stage 2 for that meat.

Could anyone shed some light on if side quests have time limit? So I can know whether to keep farming area 2 for that tail or continue the stage. Much appreciated.
No, there is none so far, trust me, It took me longer than you did

Reactions: realzzhzzh

Tgcidolfus

May 3, 2020
Just cleared the current content of 0.63... holy lord is the last area hard even without a boss, so many enemies and so so long if you take the pentagram portals, but, for honest players, you can wrack in a ton of kills leading to more permanent stat ups, and if you hoard summoning bells you can bail just before you collapse from corruption. (blew through 12 soul drops on my run that made it to the end) Also save your floating potions for the hot-springs map to snag one of the pure white souls that would be out of reach unless you get a lucky stuck in water teleport.

Was blown away how well this game is coming along

Reactions: masnooze
4.20 star(s) 29 Votes