4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

PitayaPear

Jan 30, 2022
So has anyone found out what the limit for Stat Souls is? I was reading over a few pages, but it wasn't answered. I'm stuck at 38 (11, 10, 7, 10) on the second boss. I've gone to just before the boss another 3 times and many more just halfway to the weapon breaking machine and not one drop. I've also spent time clearing each floor since I'm trying to grind max level skills, so I've killed A LOT of enemies.
Grinding stats won't save you from the first or second bosses, they deal wayyyy too much damage in their easily dodgeable AOE attacks. Instead have 3-4 weapons dedicated to movement and 2 weapons dedicated to damage. Abusing weapons in this game and switching between them is a must.

Only the third boss can be easily defeated with good stats, since it mostly relies on spawning enemies.

winterwisp

Feb 13, 2022
So has anyone found out what the limit for Stat Souls is? I was reading over a few pages, but it wasn't answered. I'm stuck at 38 (11, 10, 7, 10) on the second boss. I've gone to just before the boss another 3 times and many more just halfway to the weapon breaking machine and not one drop. I've also spent time clearing each floor since I'm trying to grind max level skills, so I've killed A LOT of enemies.
The first boss is technically the hardest one due to how limited your choices in weapons are when facing him. The best choice at that time would be to simply have movement skill-related weapon at all times since dmg-skill weapoons are more or less worthless. Stock up on soul drops and bombs while passing the floor as much as possible would be the smarter choice since the boss would spawn mobs anyway. Rely on the cursed sword to deal dmg everytime you see enemies along with the boss surrounding you. Bombs are abused whenever the boss is stunned since it deals a shit ton of dmg on early floors and even in some cases in the higher floors. Soul drops are for spamming cursed sword or when you're downed so make sure to keep at least 8 of them.

Eterai

Feb 26, 2020
Grinding stats won't save you from the first or second bosses, they deal wayyyy too much damage in their easily dodgeable AOE attacks. Instead have 3-4 weapons dedicated to movement and 2 weapons dedicated to damage. Abusing weapons in this game and switching between them is a must.

Only the third boss can be easily defeated with good stats, since it mostly relies on spawning enemies.
I beat the first boss strictly through the Focus potion drops, because I was all out of healing for half the battle, so i got lucky there.

I beat the second boss a few more runs after this post by bringing all the weapons I had readied with 2 accessories that had only HP Regen and + Haste. High damage weapons (like the boomerang) made it easy to kill the small guys. Sceptor had a lvl 6 Heal so I could instantly max heal myself. The Elven Steel weapon came out every time things got sticky or Boss was stunned since it's Haste + Res buffs. With 20+ Regen and 10+ Haste on every cast, I was able to win without ever using the Cursed Sword.

TL;DR Haste + Regen & Heal + Ranged Attacks FTW

I really wanted more Healthy Souls for the carry limit, though.

Eterai

Feb 26, 2020
The first boss is technically the hardest one due to how limited your choices in weapons are when facing him. The best choice at that time would be to simply have movement skill-related weapon at all times since dmg-skill weapoons are more or less worthless. Stock up on soul drops and bombs while passing the floor as much as possible would be the smarter choice since the boss would spawn mobs anyway. Rely on the cursed sword to deal dmg everytime you see enemies along with the boss surrounding you. Bombs are abused whenever the boss is stunned since it deals a shit ton of dmg on early floors and even in some cases in the higher floors. Soul drops are for spamming cursed sword or when you're downed so make sure to keep at least 8 of them.
Wow, 8? I hate having more than 3 since they start taking up too much space. Plus the Erosion Tile comes up quite often when exploring, so I rarely even need to use them.

Mike17723

Jan 9, 2019
Side note - the third boss fight against that winged thing which keeps running away IS SO CRINGE OH MY GOD! Even though it was painful it was fun to finally kill it. With a lot of tryharding, save scumming, bring all the potions for decreasing sanity, for focus and so on, and RANGED MAICAL ATTACKS I was finally able to defeat it. I was hitting it from max range with wind ranged attack and thunder ranged attack, I think the boss got bugged because after 3-4 phases of teleporting away, it got close to me and then started to dig inside the wall straight upwards, literally, the game spawns health potions, stamina potions and brown crafting things (Binding Stone), use them as a throwable weapon against the boss, it does gazilion damage.

Mike17723

Jan 9, 2019
Guys, I found a fantastic exploit.

You know about "Emergency save" from the settings menu? Well, do an emergency save, close the game, backup your save directory in a zip archive, load the game, load the save, die, close the game, extract the zip archive with the emergency save, load emergency save, profit.

Exploit this to save before the boss fights.

Enjoy.

myriarts

Aug 6, 2019
wait.. people actually spamming cursed sword and soul drop on boss fight? i never in a situation when i need to do that

mydhard

Jan 3, 2021
what is the third boss weakness? i just kept hitting him with my weapon and using the cursed sword but still cant kill him

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes