Mod Others The Sims 3: Kinky World [v405] [Oniki Kay]

mrph

May 5, 2019
(Update 05. August 2021) -

Made over the KW_Anims.package. See " "
removed the effect that the Sims sink into the ground while wearing High Heels and more.

wapitawg

Aug 16, 2017
Latest KinkyLucasAnimations (previously Analust, LucasPetsy and LucasAnimations):

It cointains KinkyLucasAnimations v1.1a, KinkyLucasMultiAnimations v1.0 and KinkyLucasRoughAnimations v1.1a.

Not sure if it contains any pets animations anymore, gotta check

Last edited:

rupertdoopert

Jan 20, 2019
Hey lads. I didn't see anyone mention it in this thread, but a modder made a performance enhancing patch few weeks ago. I've been using it for testing, and it works wonders. My saves, which took more than 10 minutes to load, are now up and running in 2 mins or less. Building mode is faster, CAS too, and so far I haven't experienced a single crash.

This really makes TS3 more playable, and as some of us still prefer it over TS4, it pulls it back to even ground, even on performance levels.
Go try it out for yourselves.

trizell

Oct 4, 2017
IIRC there's a setting in NRaas Woohooer to do that... maybe that was only for kisses, though. Either way, it's kinda hit or miss as to whether that mod & KW clash. I know a few @ LL have indicated no "big" issues. I don't recall, though if I had any or not. I tend to remove that (and the related sub-mods) from my game when I use KW.
From personal experience, it seems like they work together at first glance, but over time you'll likely discover it's blocking some interactions entirely (skinny dipping and hot tub kinky interactions were the ones I noticed) as well as bizarre behavior in handling teen relationships.

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I found a glitch when my sim receives a call from Peter Swift Fingers and then he invites her to quit her model career to be an actress, and after she accepts to change her career, I have trouble trying to select a sim from my household: when I click on their portrait on the left side it will select multiple sims instead of one, and all the profile information to be shown will be from the first sim selected.

I'm currently using OKW v.0409 and I have NRaas Master Controler, Consigner, Decensor, Error Trap with disable dereferencing, Overwatch and Traveler. From what I know they are compatible.

Edit >> I tried to:
Reset my household.
Reset town.
Clear cache files.

Can anyone help me here?

Last edited:

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
Was this a teen or adult sim? My TS3-capable computer is off, so can't check, but I'm thinking I got stuck w/ the teen modeling with a challenge that kept ringing her phone every sim minute (ignoring that I said "NO" I don't accept that opportunity/challenge)... but I think I was still on 408. Anyway, the suggestion buried in there is to try to drop back to 408 & see if you can select your other sims. (Strong suggestion: make a full copy of that whole documents\EA\TS3 folder thing elsewhere, drop in 408, 407,... something older than 409, fire up your game, check if it works, then nuke that directory, put your backup back in place, and decide if you want to really drop back to an earlier version... as I mentioned 408's got modeling issues.)

That said: sometimes... but not all the time... doing a NRaas-MC-Town-Reset All can help clear out some glitches. (after doing a backup) I might even try just disabling KW, save, exit, start, load, re-enable KW, and check if that does it.

Can't just backup your save folder, have to do the whole bloody thing b/c KW saves stuff over in the Library (and maybe elsewhere). But I've had pretty darn good luck for 2+ yrs mucking around with copying that whole directory tree around. Strong hint: look up "mklink"!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Was this a teen or adult sim? My TS3-capable computer is off, so can't check, but I'm thinking I got stuck w/ the teen modeling with a challenge that kept ringing her phone every sim minute (ignoring that I said "NO" I don't accept that opportunity/challenge)... but I think I was still on 408. Anyway, the suggestion buried in there is to try to drop back to 408 & see if you can select your other sims. (Strong suggestion: make a full copy of that whole documents\EA\TS3 folder thing elsewhere, drop in 408, 407,... something older than 409, fire up your game, check if it works, then nuke that directory, put your backup back in place, and decide if you want to really drop back to an earlier version... as I mentioned 408's got modeling issues.)

That said: sometimes... but not all the time... doing a NRaas-MC-Town-Reset All can help clear out some glitches. (after doing a backup) I might even try just disabling KW, save, exit, start, load, re-enable KW, and check if that does it.

Can't just backup your save folder, have to do the whole bloody thing b/c KW saves stuff over in the Library (and maybe elsewhere). But I've had pretty darn good luck for 2+ yrs mucking around with copying that whole directory tree around. Strong hint: look up "mklink"!

Everything goes without any issue with OKW v.409, except when I accept the career change (from modeling to acting) for my female adult sim, and like I said before, it will instantly glitch things... Maybe because I've updated from v.390 to v.409, oh maybe this is a bug caused by the mod. I think I will create another family to test this...

I already have a backup of my "%userprofile%\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3". I find it easier just to rename a folder, but thanks for the command list.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdw6

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
easier just to rename a folder,
Yep. I think I forgot to mention that the real way I used the whole windows symbolic link feature (that mklink thing) was to not have so many copies of my mods folder laying around. Using it actually started by pointing that massive "EA" folder over to another drive (that had much more space). Then, after an upgrade (and a computer crash and a rebuild or two) I settled on something like this:

%userprofile%\Documents\Electronic Arts is a link to C:\Games\Electronic Arts (why? Just quicker to get there... for me.) Under that, I have several "game folders", such as kw378, kw378a, ke408. They wound up using nearly all of the same 2-6 GB of mods, so I experimented around with a "shared" mods folder. Luckily that Resources.cfg file can handle such.

So I have:

I tried the "just rename" method for a while, but lost track of which I was actually using. By never renaming and always using a symlink, I know which version I'm testing out.

Prob doesn't make sense until you try to juggle about 3-4 different versions. A simple txt file of (hey 'jdw6' you're working on foo version) would've worked too. lol

Apparently ".cfg" is not a "supported" file type by the tools this site uses for attachments... so rename to remove the ".txt" before use. Disclaimer crap: Attached here for reference, research, etc. As-is, no support, blah blah blah... I've been using it a while, but I also read the "specs" that I could find on the file. View attachment Resource.cfg.txt

Reactions: changeling

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Yep. I think I forgot to mention that the real way I used the whole windows symbolic link feature (that mklink thing) was to not have so many copies of my mods folder laying around. Using it actually started by pointing that massive "EA" folder over to another drive (that had much more space). Then, after an upgrade (and a computer crash and a rebuild or two) I settled on something like this:

%userprofile%\Documents\Electronic Arts is a link to C:\Games\Electronic Arts (why? Just quicker to get there... for me.) Under that, I have several "game folders", such as kw378, kw378a, ke408. They wound up using nearly all of the same 2-6 GB of mods, so I experimented around with a "shared" mods folder. Luckily that Resources.cfg file can handle such.

So I have:

I tried the "just rename" method for a while, but lost track of which I was actually using. By never renaming and always using a symlink, I know which version I'm testing out.

Prob doesn't make sense until you try to juggle about 3-4 different versions. A simple txt file of (hey 'jdw6' you're working on foo version) would've worked too. lol

Apparently ".cfg" is not a "supported" file type by the tools this site uses for attachments... so rename to remove the ".txt" before use. Disclaimer crap: Attached here for reference, research, etc. As-is, no support, blah blah blah... I've been using it a while, but I also read the "specs" that I could find on the file. View attachment 1394554
Thank you for taking your time to explain your method. That's the first time I see someone dealing with the game folders like this. Still, I find it a little complex to understand, but it's because I don't know what each command letter means...

Just out of curiosity, did you discover this method by yourself?

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
1st, in kinky world | settings | miscellaneous, make sure "Debug Interaction" is enabled.
Then when a sim is doing an animation you don't want, click one of them and...
kinky world | debug | WooHooStage | Add to BlackList

That (you know, just like how _everything_ else in KW works as named ) is supposed to make that interaction not usable... or something like that.

Other way would be to go into the kw settings | woohoo | woohoo stages and find all the ones you don't want used and make them 'black listed'... not sure what the (new?) "hidden" setting is in there. I don't recall it before, but I'm too brain-fried to think heavily tonight, so the code behind it is "greek to me".

Edit: I was curious enough to check if it was a new feature. Turns out "Hidden" has been in the code since at least 303. I guess I'm human after all & can miss seeing things right in front of me. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: World enjoyer

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
Just out of curiosity, did you discover this method by yourself?
Probably. But, then again, I've been using PCs since the early 90s & programming them since the late 90s. So I see things differently. Did a ton of research.
Dunno if I said to use "mklink /d" or "mklink /j"... there's a difference, one allows going to another drive, the other doesn't. And I think TS3 was OK with either, but some (prob over on MTS) mentioned "issues" with one or the other, but I can't recall which.

Reactions: changeling

theevilwriter

Dec 6, 2018
Other way would be to go into the kw settings | woohoo | woohoo stages and find all the ones you don't want used and make them 'black listed'... not sure what the (new?) "hidden" setting is in there.
Thanks, I never would have found this on my own :)

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
How to turn all bathrooms in town to be gender neutral in an faster way than editing every lot? Maybe there's a mod for that or something related in Master Controller?

Last edited:

wapitawg

Aug 16, 2017
What all do I need to get everything from the mod? There are so many links and files here I am very confused
Yes, just add everything to your game. You can try to exclude some packages if you don't want a certain mod features in your game. I think, you could disable drugs or pubic hair for example.