Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

4meSims

Jul 16, 2019
Notpad++ is a free extremely good text editor. I would not be with out it.

The batch file Clears the localthumbcache.package which can keep a lot of info leftover from removed mods and such or anyway just junk over time it can get quite large bloated with junk that does not even pertain to your game.

Deleting it does not harm a thing as the game will just make a new one and start filling it back up.

Wickwhims.log file is re-writen pretty much every time you reload your game deleting it is not exactly a must do, but I feel better making sure it starts with a clean slate every time I load my game.

to make things simple on you you could just use this part
Code:
echo off
cls
c:
cd "C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4"
del localthumbcache.package
del WickedWhims.log
echo on
That would clear the cache, and then you could start your game with in the regular way.
Just copy and past that script into Notepad++ and save as a .bat file. give it a name like ClearSims4Cache.bat

Or just go to C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the localthumbcache.package file yourself which is what many people do. [ EDIT >>> OR if you're worried move it to some place safe on your desktop, and that way if you have a problem put it back ]

It is a good idea to do that anyway every few days of playing and I think a really good idea when swapping around or adding, and removing Mod's a lot.

If it worries you to much to tamper with stuff, don't do it, I have been tweaking things one way or another for a long time, so what feels easy for me might not be for you.

But you might Google Sims 4 Cache removal, and get some better information. It is something you should understand better was a really big bugger in sim's 3.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I went ahead and did this. :D

D

Deleted member 14812

I bet you guys have already answered this question thousands of times, but... first time trying something like this and I really want this to work.

For example: Yrsa mod has 11 .package files and one rar. If I understood how this works, I should create a folder for the mod (named Yrsa i guess?), and inside that folder, another one for each .package file, and place all that in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder?

Is that how it works? Please, help a brother in distress.

D

Deleted member 1524544

I should have reposted it...
I just wanted to let you know that did the trick :) Only thing is, now I am getting a pop up that I have an outdated version of WW. It's not a real issue though as I just simply hit ok and ignore it lol. My game seems to be working fine and no problem with animations not working that I have noticed.

Reactions: MickCasanova
D

Deleted member 1524544

Found this in a comment for Noirs latest tongue release for anyone looking for a working version of No EA eyelashes I was always using the NANDONG tongue that comes with a no ea eyelash version, but with the latest patreon release of WW that can't be used anymore I don't think as WW now comes with a tongue. So I switched to Noirs, which you have to select under the body selector tab for WW and this fix for the no ea eyelashes.

Reactions: hmorphone
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes