Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
The modding community as a whole used to be more creative but now I think it's all about making $. In many games I see more and more patreon crap. Donations is one thing but to close even your news off behind a paywall is a cunt move and those ppl need to be thrown off buildings.

MC Command Center > Sim Flags > MC Dresser > Flag Bypass Outfit Changes makes it so they never change unless user directed
Too bad that only works for one sim at a time... *sigh*

TheLabBrat

Oct 17, 2017
90% of Sims content on Patreon is either stolen from Second Life/other game or poorly made Marvelous Designer meshes with more polys in a single piece than in the entire Maxis CAS. They're usually presented with heavily photoshopped previews that hide their many flaws, (then you open them in your game or S4S and see the truth...) The other 10% is scripts, animations and MM franken-meshes :ROFLMAO:

I remember one time I saw some shoes from Kikovanity and just by looking at them I knew it was going to end badly, but I downloaded them anyway just for the lols and I opened them in S4S. The moment I went to check the polycount the program crashed, but in the second it took the window to process what was happening and close I could see the horrific number of 90k+ vertices. Are these people aware that things like that can and will fry graphic cards?

If they're going to make people pay for their content the least they could do is optimize it, put some actual effort into it. Many creators do that for free, I don't see why someone that earns money for it can't even do the bare minimun other than because they're lazy and/or only care about their patrons' money and not their patrons themselves.
How can one pair of shoes have that much vertices? That's insane!

I am not surprised that a lot of cc was originally from second life. More then once I clicked on a link thinking it was cc for the sims but ended being something from second life. Why are people paying? A lot of stuff behind paywalls is trash (high vertices, poorly converted, etc..) and most of the good stuff is eventually released for free (I noticed that the people that follow EA's terms have the better cc then the ones that lock everything behind paywalls).

I heard even a few of the builders would take other people's cc and put it in their builds that people have to pay for.

Last edited:

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
dint even know that my reason for not giving these people money because i used too mod a different game and because certain issues with that game i despise payed modding and paying for things using assets that aren't made by them(be it from the sims themselves or other games) im ok with how skyrim does it i.e donation based but you should not have to pay for a module of an already existing game directly i loathe pay sites with a vengeance because of my morals
The only reason people pay is because EA is too lazy to enforce their own EULA... But I think that's by design. The more modders that get involved in modding a sims game, the less work EA needs to do, and the more money they make. They dribble out useless shit and the community fixes it... Rinse and repeat. If they enforced said EULA, the community would likely be considerably smaller. Smaller community, less buzz, slow sales... Sad, but modding is what keeps the sims alive.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018

I am not surprised that a lot of cc was originally from second life. More then once I clicked on a link thinking it was cc for the sims but ended being something from second life. Why are people paying? A lot of stuff behind paywalls is trash (high vertices, poorly converted, etc..) and most of the good stuff is eventually released for free (I noticed that the people that follow EA's terms have the better cc then the ones that lock everything behind paywalls).

I heard even a few of the builders would take others people's cc and put it in their builds that people have to pay for.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if tons of CC was being ripped off from Poser and DAZ 3D.. I'm quite sure many of the animations are. I know lots of SL stuff comes from there. They all use similar tools, and the animation language used is an industry standard.

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if tons of CC was being ripped off from Poser and DAZ 3D..
Daz studio used to have an exporter FOR second life, UNTIL they changed the user agreement on the content at the behest of content developers. The plugin is no longer available but some people may still have it. Daz3D content is not licensed for use in SL, TS4 or any other game mods but I think a special license can be acquired for major game studios or film.

Reactions: MatomiB
Oct 26, 2018
If you're talking abt the Yiff thread, it's because the attachments aren't posted yet.
The shared files tab which is located on the upper right hand corner, if it has zero,than there are no shared files posted.
You notice a lot of zeros on share, but also no attachments at all on others like pepesims , and only a few on some, but with links to the creators patreon page, which leads me to believe the creators placed them there for advertising purposes.
The "shared" files are there, because I uploaded them me-self and I got the link for download, after I made certain it was available for download. After uploading a file, it will tell the uploader if it has been approved or not. If there is nothing on Patreon side, it is because that particular creator has nothing that has been leaked through a donor session. On the other hand, shared files are from people like me, that get those files through other means and posts them. Creator conspiracies aside, sometimes we request creators to be added, so that in time we may be able to upload the files that we come across, if the creator is not listed, there is no way I can share their CC.

Moonny

May 12, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It isn't the same item, but it was something of the sorts with lots of fluffy bits. And the lod3, the one that's supposed to be seen from so far away that you won't notice the details, is at 30k+ :FacePalm:
I've seen some people here asking for their cc, probably unaware of all this stuff, so I'm leaving here for them just in case they read this (or anyone who doesn't know what all this thing is about)

Valeciraptor

May 22, 2020
the thing that makes me laugh so hard about creators who hide their content behind patreon is the fact that it usually looks like shit.... yet you have players who don't receive money that make better meshes in their free time LMFAO. make it make sense:unsure:
you got all that money and your meshes still look like trash? the only time when it doesnt look like shit is when they decide to steal from second life.... maybe i'm onto something:coffee: you put in MORE effort to make sure no one steals your stolen content instead of making something original:ROFLMAO:
I agree.

I mean, I make shitty content too but at least mine is free and all mine from scratch XD

dalemonhead

Nov 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It isn't the same item, but it was something of the sorts with lots of fluffy bits. And the lod3, the one that's supposed to be seen from so far away that you won't notice the details, is at 30k+ :FacePalm:
I've seen some people here asking for their cc, probably unaware of all this stuff, so I'm leaving here for them just in case they read this (or anyone who doesn't know what all this thing is about)
I agree with the premise that high poly count CC is bad, but what is up with all this "it's going to fry your PC" nonsense? Do these people know nothing about how PCs and graphics cards work? Bad CC may make your game run slower, but it's not going to kill your video card...

javelin 93

Aug 22, 2018
The "shared" files are there, because I uploaded them me-self and I got the link for download, after I made certain it was available for download. After uploading a file, it will tell the uploader if it has been approved or not. If there is nothing on Patreon side, it is because that particular creator has nothing that has been leaked through a donor session. On the other hand, shared files are from people like me, that get those files through other means and posts them. Creator conspiracies aside, sometimes we request creators to be added, so that in time we may be able to upload the files that we come across, if the creator is not listed, there is no way I can share their CC.
I didn't know that, because i never uploaded anything on yiff. didn't know abt the approval process.I thought if you had an account, you could upload your shared file on the creators page.

Thx for enlightening me on the process bro.

cheshcat

Sep 12, 2020
Caught and tangled in the webs they weave! SMH! Ok, back on topic....

GOOD NEWS FOLKS: The category markers in the Yiff.party Directory is COMPLETED! So now you will have an idea of what each creator is offering before you visit their page. So if you are only interested in Maxis Match for your Sims 4, they will be easier to spot. The method I have chosen isn't perfect but hopefully it will make things easier for experienced CC hunters =D

ENJOY!
A week ago I didn't even know there was leaked Patreon content for the Sims, 5 days ago my CC exploded after finding this site, and now you've just made it actually easy to get! Thanks! The work is appreciated even by us mostly silent new additions.

traplover19

Nov 4, 2018
I agree with the premise that high poly count CC is bad, but what is up with all this "it's going to fry your PC" nonsense? Do these people know nothing about how PCs and graphics cards work? Bad CC may make your game run slower, but it's not going to kill your video card...
not to mention most computers will just lock bluescreen or shutdown when a hardware failure like that is detected

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
Yawn <sips morning coffee> Now that the list is completed, I need some new entries to add. LOL. I will hunt down some more good ones and add them later today... New submissions are ALWAYS WELCOME! MY favorite category on the Yiff.directory is "?" and you better not ask me what that is because if I told you, it would not be a SURPRISE!
A week ago I didn't even know there was leaked Patreon content for the Sims, 5 days ago my CC exploded after finding this site, and now you've just made it actually easy to get! Thanks! The work is appreciated even by us mostly silent new additions.
The sims can be complicated to keep it working smoothly with mods, bookmark my tutorial thread. All of my dirty tricks are included to help you get the most out of your game. Cheers!

Lucian Rising

Pesky Pirate
Donor
Sep 23, 2018
Atrois

Sex Behind Bed 02 Anal
Sex on Pillory 01 Anal
Doing a Handjob 02 Double bed
RimmingandFisting_Bed 02 Oral Double bed
Dildo on Sofa 02 Handjob

Note - For those of you having problems with the link, go directly to the Mega Folder and the update is there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes