VN Ren'Py The Sinful City Fight for Love [v0.3] [Peacemaker]

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes

trishit

Oct 15, 2022
ive downloaded the base game and the update, am i supposed to copy the files from the updated one to the base game?

trishit

Oct 15, 2022
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 207, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in script
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
OSError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'.

whenever i try to open the updated version i get this

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
First of all the game is good and I like it... The girls are cute and pretty... BUT...Damn dude...I got lost in the saves, too many choices too many branches and most of all many answers that you can't reach because the route isn't ready yet... You can't ask me to make a save for every occasion like this, and when the non-selectable route is ready in the future, I'll go back to this old content... This really breaks the dynamics of the game... I understand that you want more branches, and that's fine because there are many girls... But more options and more routes for each girl is too much... Especially with the MC jumping in time... Past actions generate completely different scenes in in the present, and you miss out on many events and conversations that could be important... I have the feeling that you overcomplicate the story with so many routes, and I'm afraid that you yourself will lose the thread later...
Sorry if I was blunt, but I intended this to be an honest and well-intentioned review... Anyway, good luck in the future... (y)

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
OSError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'.

whenever i try to open the updated version i get this
When this happens? Also how did you installed the update ?

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
First of all the game is good and I like it... The girls are cute and pretty... BUT...Damn dude...I got lost in the saves, too many choices too many branches and most of all many answers that you can't reach because the route isn't ready yet... You can't ask me to make a save for every occasion like this, and when the non-selectable route is ready in the future, I'll go back to this old content... This really breaks the dynamics of the game... I understand that you want more branches, and that's fine because there are many girls... But more options and more routes for each girl is too much... Especially with the MC jumping in time... Past actions generate completely different scenes in in the present, and you miss out on many events and conversations that could be important... I have the feeling that you overcomplicate the story with so many routes, and I'm afraid that you yourself will lose the thread later...
Sorry if I was blunt, but I intended this to be an honest and well-intentioned review... Anyway, good luck in the future... (y)
Don’t worry bro I am well aware about everything I do, but some people will chose romance some will chose corruption and some will just spank that little ass so why not give choice to everyone. Also some updates will be very linear in comparison like in real world some things happen if we want it or not. In the end when game is done you would appreciate it for being different. For example in comparison to that wife and mother guy I give in a month what he gives in five so have a bit of fate in me and enjoy the process. Also support would be fantastic. So far people are not very generous to my work but I guess people don’t have confidence in devs now days because of devs like one I already mentioned. If I had his support I would have team around me and In seven years I would have 14 games done. But some people are just lazy.

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
it happens when i try to open v0.3, i completed v0.25 downloaded v0.3 and just extracted it and tried to run it
you have to extract first 0.25 then copy and overwrite it with files from 0.3. 0.3 is not standalone update it’s a patch you have to extract over 0.25

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Hi,
I put together a few minor adjustments for this title (mods and a visual change).
  • Changed the default textbox, with a custom bottom shaded version...which aids with viewing the dialog text without blocking any of the background images.
  • Included the 0x52_URM tool, which allows a user to view as well edit Ren'Py titles (Use ALT M to open the URM search feature to edit). And this tool can be used to see data behind some of the story choices, as well this tool can be used to display requirement checks when they happen in the story.
  • Also included a quick menu mod that hide's the quick menu by pressing your Q key. (Used to help clean up the dialog area by hiding the quick menu from the bottom of your screen.)
  • Included the Universal Choice Descriptor mod, which can display on screen some hidden data behind story choices that offer points and other game info. (It's not a walk through, but can still provide some additional choice info. But it seems so far that this title isn't scripted with any choice info, like other titles.)
  • Included a Universal textbox Opacity slider mod, which also comes with a text size adjustment feature.

Install:
Just extract and merge the game folder with this titles game folder. Then run your game exe, and enjoy the a few minor adjustments.

Also, this mod in most cases will not need any future updates, provided no drastic changes was done to the scripting of this title.

Regards.

Example image of the applied changes...(new default textbox, hidden quick menu)
screenshot0002.png

Example use of the Universal Choice Descriptor mod in action...
screenshot0016.png

Example settings of the Universal Textbox Slider mod...
screenshot0007.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Don’t worry bro I am well aware about everything I do, but some people will chose romance some will chose corruption and some will just spank that little ass so why not give choice to everyone. Also some updates will be very linear in comparison like in real world some things happen if we want it or not. In the end when game is done you would appreciate it for being different. For example in comparison to that wife and mother guy I give in a month what he gives in five so have a bit of fate in me and enjoy the process. Also support would be fantastic. So far people are not very generous to my work but I guess people don’t have confidence in devs now days because of devs like one I already mentioned. If I had his support I would have team around me and In seven years I would have 14 games done. But some people are just lazy.
I sincerely wish you to have enough strength to do all this work, because you are really taking on a lot with these many opportunities and many different scenes with the girls... (y)

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Just for informational purposes, this game is calling out to the internet - my firewall caught it and I blocked it. I don't see any switches for turning on or off anything like telemetry in the preferences menu.

Reactions: Yngling

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
i'm just trynna figure out... 10 gb's for what? There's hardly any scenes, and I'm not seeing ultra quality that puts above basically half the other games on here.

10 gb's, hell even 5gb's for something this short is... a big warning sign for this game later down the line.
Yeah anything you say buddy…

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
Just for informational purposes, this game is calling out to the internet - my firewall caught it and I blocked it. I don't see any switches for turning on or off anything like telemetry in the preferences menu.
What version are you using ? Maybe it’s something on your end.

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
Also guys does some of you want this game to fail ? I mean I put a lot of time and work in this game but so far I get mostly negativity I mean trolls are the loudest people here. I can very well stop posting here.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
What version are you using ? Maybe it’s something on your end.
It's not something on my end. And I'm using 3.0. Bitdefender has a firewall, it catches any new program calling out to the internet and notifies me, and I allow or block it. Does it for the operating system or any other program I'm using. And I can see what program is calling out. It's this game, no doubt.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dark Silence
4.30 star(s) 12 Votes