VN Ren'Py The Sinful City Fight for Love [v0.3] [Peacemaker]

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
everyone here fail to realize I am busting my ass working on this and what I get in return is only complaining if you fail to realise how this kills my will to work then you don’t understand creative process.
So because you put in a lot of work do you want to be lied to? If that's the case just say so, people are pointing things out and even asking questions and you have disregarded them or just took them as insults instead of constructive criticism, which most of the comments are. I for example, mentioned how great and how much potential this game has, but that doesn't negate some of the things I view as problematic and/or concerning.

The point of constructive criticism isn't for attacking, bullying, or tearing down your game. The point is to try and give feedback to help you potentially improve your project, and maybe give insight that you may not have thought about. There are also plenty of comments who have no issue whatsoever with your game, and completely love it.

Unfortunately, with this response in particular, I do now have little doubt that this is something that will be completed, if this is your outlook in an open forum website where people discuss the games that are being listed. I would strongly recommend taking a quick breather and not looking at comments that are unsavory to you, as attacks on your game.

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
So because you put in a lot of work do you want to be lied to? If that's the case just say so, people are pointing things out and even asking questions and you have disregarded them or just took them as insults instead of constructive criticism, which most of the comments are. I for example, mentioned how great and how much potential this game has, but that doesn't negate some of the things I view as problematic and/or concerning.

The point of constructive criticism isn't for attacking, bullying, or tearing down your game. The point is to try and give feedback to help you potentially improve your project, and maybe give insight that you may not have thought about. There are also plenty of comments who have no issue whatsoever with your game, and completely love it.

Unfortunately, with this response in particular, I do now have little doubt that this is something that will be completed, if this is your outlook in an open forum website where people discuss the games that are being listed. I would strongly recommend taking a quick breather and not looking at comments that are unsavory to you, as attacks on your game.
How about talking about game story characters and so on? That’s constructive. You have to understand game is wip and I can do so much things in set amount of time. Please be realistic and have a little fate. And fuck yeah support would help a lot. I get people don’t trust devs now days but I tought I prove myself as dependable one. Maybe I should just tone down the work I put into this go down linear way, work on some side projects and give it a time to growe. Because unfortunately I have bills to pay and expenses to cover and this will not work for me. I don’t ask for get rich scheme or something I just ask to get by from month to month atm like this I can’t.

HUNUTAN

Jan 18, 2019
So far, I have found three Abbi endings with sexual content:
Studio - ends in bed - or runs away
Wooden house - Butt spanking
Wooden house - Kitchen table and at the end Abbi is "naughty"
There are other versions, but they are not finished routes yet...
These determine your decision at the beginning of the game...
Faithful husband - or you fuck the doctor girl...
Halloween - strict father or lenient...
What do you choose with Emma... It's up to you...
On the way home in the car - your choice... More options...
I can't count how many possibilities there are in this game, and the "adventure" has only begun with your first daughter...
I just get to the studio. I have never been able to get into a wooden house, I don’t know how to do it and what is needed for this...

HUNUTAN

Jan 18, 2019
How about talking about game story characters and so on? That’s constructive. You have to understand game is wip and I can do so much things in set amount of time. Please be realistic and have a little fate. And fuck yeah support would help a lot. I get people don’t trust devs now days but I tought I prove myself as dependable one. Maybe I should just tone down the work I put into this go down linear way, work on some side projects and give it a time to growe. Because unfortunately I have bills to pay and expenses to cover and this will not work for me. I don’t ask for get rich scheme or something I just ask to get by from month to month atm like this I can’t.
Well, when most of the answers are WIP, this is already a wrong decision in advance. Players don’t like to return to material they’ve already covered, much less go through it all over again. So it’s still worth finishing all the options completely before the end of the current version. You shouldn’t spread yourself so thin, it won’t do you any good.

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
I just get to the studio. I have never been able to get into a wooden house, I don’t know how to do it and what is needed for this...
Don’t chose Naomi path don’t be lenient to girls and you will get thet scenes. Every game here is wip. I can’t call it finish when it’s in progress what you are asking is to get yet another linear vn game, but then people will complain because you don’t have choices and it’s Kinetic. Some games I guess click with you guys and some don’t it seam to me the latter is the case here.

Reactions: Yngling

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Wooden house - two options...
Halloween - don't be lenient - you will get the scenes with MC's sister (incest)
New scene you take Naomi home and the two of you travel home...
Conversation in the car - choose the middle one...(blackmail or punish)
Conversation in the car - two options - Be calm with him (kitchen table fun) or dominant (butt spanking)...
Then you get to the Wooden House and here too there are more answers, but where these decisions lead you... Abbi is your partner in every scene, and there is no violence...

Reactions: Yngling

HUNUTAN

Jan 18, 2019
Don’t chose Naomi path don’t be lenient to girls and you will get thet scenes. Every game here is wip. I can’t call it finish when it’s in progress what you are asking is to get yet another linear vn game, but then people will complain because you don’t have choices and it’s Kinetic. Some games I guess click with you guys and some don’t it seam to me the latter is the case here.
I didn't say linearity is needed. And he said that all answer options are needed from the very beginning. And even if there are fewer of them, you won’t need to replay the game to use them.

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
I didn't say linearity is needed. And he said that all answer options are needed from the very beginning. And even if there are fewer of them, you won’t need to replay the game to use them.
Dude and I say for one guy working on this, this is only I could humanly achive. You already have so much content in game now then you have in some games that are years in development. I never saw so many comments in other games threads that are all about telling dev what he or she should do differently. Either prople do this because they like what they saw in game or just to apear edgy and smart. But based on support given I thinks it’s not because they like it.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Unfortunately, in order to get every scene, you need more variation and every scene will have a different consequence in the future...
For certain answers, it is important to always choose the one that says "done" at the end... then you will get to the complete scenes... And in the studio, everyone should only choose the red dress...
If someone remains a good father in Naomi's route and defends himself during the baseball batting scene, expect to get scenes where opinions are divided... It's up to everyone to decide how to process it in their own head...

HUNUTAN

Jan 18, 2019
Dude and I say for one guy working on this, this is only I could humanly achive. You already have so much content in game now then you have in some games that are years in development. I never saw so many comments in other games threads that are all about telling dev what he or she should do differently. Either prople do this because they like what they saw in game or just to apear edgy and smart. But based on support given I thinks it’s not because they like it.
I simply expressed my opinion about why the game seemed inconvenient to me and why misunderstandings with the audience might arise due to this approach. So I’m not going to insist and convince him, decide for yourself what to do. And I was just speak.

Reactions: Leelaverse

9alwa

Sep 16, 2020
Peacemaker93 My 2 cents regarding what's been discussed in the previous pages.

There is and will always be haters. Devs getting flamed for absurd shit is very common on this forum.

You gotta learn to deal with trolls in the most neutral way possible or even ignore them, and DO NOT let any of it get to you and affect your work process/ideas.

However, in my opinion, you should also do your best to discern constructive criticism and not get defensive over it. Fortunately not everybody in here is an asshole.

I've seen some valid criticism that I do agree with. I myself aren't much of a fan of seeing dozens of options that's not possible to pick, and that only makes me wonder and worry about the ability to maintain THAT MANY different paths, with that many characters, especially when you are working alone on the project.

Managing to make it work would be insane and I truthfully wish you all the best but in all honesty games with that big of a scale/ambition usually don't fare too well and DO tend to get abandonned.

Furthermore, that many paths makes it confusing to find where the new content is in each update. I wouldn't have been able to find the 0.3 content by myself if I didn't ask in here. You've been kind to reply fast and I really appreciate your engagement with the community. A more detailed changelog with where to find the new content would be very helpful for the players though and would avoid any confusion.

All that being said, I really really reaaaally love the game so far. It's genuinely in my top 5 of most anticipated games in this forum, alongside Personal Assistant, Friends in Need, Radiant, Golden Mean and Desert Stalker (oops that's 6 :4Head:), which are all much older games.

I love the writing, the models, the story is engaging and the incest aspect is really well done. I truly believe you are cooking something awesome and your rating is really high, so i'd say people tend to agree.

Keep doing your thing. All the best.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You gotta learn to deal with trolls in the most neutral way possible or even ignore them
I disagree with this. I think a dev needs to step up and tell the haters to suck their cocks and stfu. That if they don't like what they put out, they can kick rocks. Weak ass devs get nowhere. They either run away with their tails between their legs and abandon their games, or they bow down and end up suckin all the cocks tryin to please everyone, which usually ends up in abandonment. Yes, they can alternatively ban the haters from the thread, or have a mod do it. But either way, people need to understand that these games aren't theirs, it's the devs.

Just my 2¢.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Since the game doesn't have a Gallery yet, I checked the video folder of the game to see if it got all the cutscenes...I have everything except one in my game after playing all the routes...I noticed a video(Elsi BJ) and I can't find it in the game ... Has anyone met him?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Since the game doesn't have a Gallery yet, I checked the video folder of the game to see if it got all the cutscenes...I have everything except one in my game after playing all the routes...I noticed a video(Elsi BJ) and I can't find it in the game ... Has anyone met him?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is she suckin on his finger?

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
hey guys
What is the correct order to choose the type of incest between the characters?
someone please help me?
English is not my native language

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes