rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
The difference is that if it get leaked the day of release or the day after then there is no incentive to pledge for early access. It hurts the developer's bottom line which can be the difference of them working full time on the game or needing to find supplemental income other places. It's not like the game isn't going to be released here just be kind enough to be a little more patient so the game can live on.

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
The difference is that if it get leaked the day of release or the day after then there is no incentive to pledge for early access. It hurts the developer's bottom line which can be the difference of them working full time on the game or needing to find supplemental income other places. It's not like the game isn't going to be released here just be kind enough to be a little more patient so the game can live on.
Agreed.... but I have see a couple other game that have grown Patronage after a leaked release. also, They seem to do better with timed release of upcoming images to boggle the mind so to speak..

Reactions: 19Castiel23

etann

Jan 3, 2020
my game ends exactly where it did last update? and i restarted the whole thing just ends before the party starts

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
Early leaks can have advantages when a project has no following in the beginning of production. But once a game us established they do more harm than good.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Which is not doing anything for her at all ... just a lifeless meat sleeve
for assholes and creeps and stalkers. They only see her for that, barbie doll for them to abuse.
Game oN!

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I did not share any links. I'm losing money at the moment!
You are not losing money. That's the same argument they use for people who download music movies and other stuff.
You can't lose money you were never going to gain because the person who downloaded if for free wasn't going to pay regardless. So the argument that you are losing money is void. Rather you will gain money because of the free publicity.
I get not wanting it to be released early, that's your right. But you know what would make you earn more money?
A stable release schedule make not take half a year for an update. That's where you are losing out on money and the reason people stop paying you money.
Just a thought.

Y27

Nov 11, 2021
You are not losing money. That's the same argument they use for people who download music movies and other stuff.
You can't lose money you were never going to gain because the person who downloaded if for free wasn't going to pay regardless. So the argument that you are losing money is void. Rather you will gain money because of the free publicity.
I get not wanting it to be released early, that's your right. But you know what would make you earn more money?
A stable release schedule make not take half a year for an update. That's where you are losing out on money and the reason people stop paying you money.
Just a thought.
If you are going to argue that other peoples' arguments are void, please make sure you are right. First of all, the dev's remark about losing money might/probably means that he is losing money in general. He makes investments in coders/writers or he spends a certain amount of time developing his game instead of working another paying job. If his current patreon subs don't weigh up to that lost money, he IS losing money in general.

Second: you're argument that people weren't gonna pay anyway is ridiculous. If a grocery store or electronics store would offer you the choice of either pledging towards buying their stuff or getting it for free, most people would go for the free option. It doesn't mean those people - if not offered a free choice at all - would forgo the thought of buying groceries or a TV alltogether. That's just ridiculous.

One of the only advantages a developer gets from releasing his work on a website like this one, is the free publicity for his game (you were partially right on that note) to convince a part of that audience to pledge to his Patreon. Most people only make that pledge if they can be convinced that there are benefits to paying instead of getting the same for free (like I mentioned above, if there is no difference, people would opt for the free groceries/TV/game instead). The foremost benefit a developer can offer is early access to his game. But if that benefit is gone due to early leaks on this website, he misses out on potential subscribers. Which is about the same as losing money.

Please have a little more understanding and respect for people's time investment in a product you obviously enjoy but don't even have to pay for if you really don't want to.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
If you are going to argue that other peoples' arguments are void, please make sure you are right. First of all, the dev's remark about losing money might/probably means that he is losing money in general. He makes investments in coders/writers or he spends a certain amount of time developing his game instead of working another paying job. If his current patreon subs don't weigh up to that lost money, he IS losing money in general.

Second: you're argument that people weren't gonna pay anyway is ridiculous. If a grocery store or electronics store would offer you the choice of either pledging towards buying their stuff or getting it for free, most people would go for the free option. It doesn't mean those people - if not offered a free choice at all - would forgo the thought of buying groceries or a TV alltogether. That's just ridiculous.

One of the only advantages a developer gets from releasing his work on a website like this one, is the free publicity for his game (you were partially right on that note) to convince a part of that audience to pledge to his Patreon. Most people only make that pledge if they can be convinced that there are benefits to paying instead of getting the same for free (like I mentioned above, if there is no difference, people would opt for the free groceries/TV/game instead). The foremost benefit a developer can offer is early access to his game. But if that benefit is gone due to early leaks on this website, he misses out on potential subscribers. Which is about the same as losing money.

Please have a little more understanding and respect for people's time investment in a product you obviously enjoy but don't even have to pay for if you really don't want to.
I did make sure I was right, because I am right. Now you are just assuming things to make your argument sound better. I don't think he spends that much time with this game considering the timeline of when he updates it and how much content there was in the update with how long it took to come out. That's where he is losing money if anything. Not if an update gets leaked early.
You just decided I was wrong and crafted stories to corroborate you being right.
Yes the people who were not going to pay regardless are not going to pay regardless, who would have guessed. Those are the people you can't say you are losing money from because surprisingly they wouldn't have paid regardless.
People who are here on this site are looking for free games to begin with. So people here are not the target audience you are describing.
He doesn't miss out on potential subscribers, because the people who find the game here will still subscribe if they want to do so just like before, because they want to support the dev and those who wont, still wont.
There are people who pay devs after playing their games finding them on sites like these, those people are not who I am talking about. Those people are what the free publicity is for. Because lets face it, there is no other place to really show off your games.
Maybe some people view early access as a good thing, I don't. I can wait a month, doesn't matter to me.
If that's a devs only way to reel in subs aside from actually making a good game and have a consistent release schedule which is by far the better way to get people to pay you money.
This dev has a good game, he falls short on all the other points though. If life prevents you from having a consistent release schedule that's just how it is.
I have both understanding and respect. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 47 Votes