3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
maybe they dont where you live in the US but they do where i live, atleast when it comes to blonde/blond
The Olde English that it comes from made use of the distinction but in the US and Canada it is best practice to use blond in all cases as blonde with an e has sexism attached due to blonde jokes.

Reactions: erkper

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I had to look it up cuse I am a dumb ole country boy... :)

Blond vs. blonde

In French, blond is masculine and blonde is feminine. This distinction generally extends to the English , especially in British English, where blonde is more common than blond (mainly because the word is used in reference to females more often than than to males). In American and Canadian English, blond is generally preferred over blonde in all cases—even in reference to female hair color—though a minority of writers continue to observe the gender distinction. In any case, using blonde in reference to male hair is simply a misspelling.

Reactions: erkper

erkper

May 16, 2018
The only thing I know of in my corner of the US that is "blonde" is beer.

• Haha
Reactions: WaltS

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Just to be nit picky since it seems thats a thing to be with this Blond V Blonde debate and as I'm English i'd go with Blonde but anyway because there seems to be mention of there might be a harem in which I would presume possibly involves both of the wife's Sisters.
shouldn't or I should say wouldn't the title make more sense as "The Sisters-in-law"?.

Just curious.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't know much about story writing but jokes I do know and 1 of the big rules of comedy is to never overuse a joke. The more you use it, the less people find it amusing.

Some jokes work more than once, others don't.

The witch and water one only works once. It's a really old joke and not funny enough to be used multiple times.

The rest is okay, just watch out for overusing lines, especially ones we've heard for years. I mean Wizard of Oz is wayyyyyy before my time and that's still one i've heard far too many times.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I don't know much about story writing but jokes I do know and 1 of the big rules of comedy is to never overuse a joke. The more you use it, the less people find it amusing.

Some jokes work more than once, others don't.

The witch and water one only works once. It's a really old joke and not funny enough to be used multiple times.

The rest is okay, just watch out for overusing lines, especially ones we've heard for years. I mean Wizard of Oz is wayyyyyy before my time and that's still one i've heard far too many times.
Thanks I am seeing that :) It was funny in a distorted way while it was going on of course. and went on for the longest also. There was more occasional references to the water later that I may change. Being a 49'er that old stuff is natural for me, and there could be more show up that may go over some heads. Just a natural thing for an old guy.. :) I am trying to keep the actual drama out, or at least to a minimum that is in the original events and story. I think that is going to be the hard part moving on.
Thanks for the input.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
The Sister in Law [v0.01 Beta] - WT Mod v0.1

I've made a Walkthrough Mod (even though it's not really needed) that highlights the best choice in green.
I've also added a character renamer for the MC (for those that do not want to be known as Bill)

Download: WorkUpload

Thanks for the info on adding that. I have added it to the script and hope I can remember to use the syntax at right time ... :) Thanks again..

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Thanks for the info on adding that. I have added it to the script and hope I can remember to use the syntax at right time ... :) Thanks again..
I have seen a lot worse from people who do not claim to be new to VNs or DAZ. We all know you need to work a bit on the script (Avaron makes a good point about the water for example). But it was a decent effort and I feel like you are working to get better so I will definitely keep an eye out.

If things get crazy and trolls get mean just fall into, "Make what the hell you want" mode as long as it is a hobby and hopefully not a living. So even if you clean the syntax and add nameable main character and take advice on the polish elements, follow your story at it's heart so you don't get lost trying to please too many only to please none.

Reactions: Burg and deepglugs

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I have seen a lot worse from people who do not claim to be new to VNs or DAZ. We all know you need to work a bit on the script (Avaron makes a good point about the water for example). But it was a decent effort and I feel like you are working to get better so I will definitely keep an eye out.

If things get crazy and trolls get mean just fall into, "Make what the hell you want" mode as long as it is a hobby and hopefully not a living. So even if you clean the syntax and add nameable main character and take advice on the polish elements, follow your story at it's heart so you don't get lost trying to please too many only to please none.
Thanks, That's what it is for me. Only a Hobby to take up some of the time during the day, and have fun. A lot of time in fact to be honest. :) but what the hell, I don't have anything else to do. What seemed funny in life with things like the water thing, I think will have to be rethink and reworked from this point. Doing the renders would have been a bitch any way :) The short feud was funny and intense for a short while :)

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Thanks, That's what it is for me. Only a Hobby to take up some of the time during the day, and have fun. A lot of time in fact to be honest. :) but what the hell, I don't have anything else to do. What seemed funny in life with things like the water thing, I think will have to be rethink and reworked from this point. Doing the renders would have been a bitch any way :) The short feud was funny and intense for a short while :)
I mean you could always take the scene where you are caught touching her ass and say you were looking for warts, because witches have those. Stuff like that. Just change it up.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I mean you could always take the scene where you are caught touching her ass and say you were looking for warts, because witches have those. Stuff like that. Just change it up.
Hummmmm Haven't thought of that. :eek:

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
Good luck young Sir. Glad to see you finally have game linked to your not-so-random renders. :D

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Good luck young Sir. Glad to see you finally have game linked to your not-so-random renders. :D
Of course their random............ :) I didn't do that I didn't want to detract from the intended group.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
This is not a criticism but it's worth remembering that the problem for many outside veiwer's is that with long running In sider joke's.
They are only really understood and so are normally only enjoyable longterm by thouse that are on the in side.

To us the outsider veiwer's they may be funny once maybe even twice but after that they become stale and dare I say boring.
As somone that has an in side joke with a friend mine we still after 20 years will chuckle over it.
But his and my other half's only laughed the first or second time but now they just moan and roll their eye's.

Of courseas as part of the inside joke its often only natural that you would forget about how your joke actually appears to outsider's.

It's basically a "you had to be there" kind of thing.
Again I mean no offence by this.

Just Sayin.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes