4.10 star(s) 36 Votes

Gaunt27

Feb 16, 2019
Question, it is said this game will go from Unity to RPG Maker but will remain primarily a visual novel. Will it be the old, current version or, the new one that's apparently a mix of RPG Maker and Unity?

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Question, it is said this game will go from Unity to RPG Maker but will remain primarily a visual novel. Will it be the old, current version or, the new one that's apparently a mix of RPG Maker and Unity?
who said it? also ugh why... RPGM is terrible.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Who's the artist that made the art?
I don't think it's WitchKingk00, art is different, or maybe I'm wrong
It is definitely Witchking00.

???

who said it? also ugh why... RPGM is terrible.

It will function the exact same as it now, just on the RPGM engine instead. So will be point and click functionality / VN style dialogue. I released a proof of concept of sorts for Patrons last month, and many praised that the game was overall a lot faster and saves were far more reliable. The main aim is for the player to not even be aware its on RPGM (apart from the obvious RPGM file layout).

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
It will function the exact same as it now, just on the RPGM engine instead. So will be point and click functionality / VN style dialogue. I released a proof of concept of sorts for Patrons last month, and many praised that the game was overall a lot faster and saves were far more reliable. The main aim is for the player to not even be aware its on RPGM (apart from the obvious RPGM file layout).
Thank you, that is reassuring.
Just so long as we do not get RPGM tedious grinding combat and walking simulator experience.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well i don't know if this is an rpg are what type
of game this is. but if it is an rpg then grinding is what there about sorry if that is not to your liking.

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
It is definitely Witchking00.

???

Seeing as I have only an Android available to play games, the engine change is more than welcome as it will allow me to try this game at last.

Reactions: Naughty Underworld

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
heh says the dude who abandoned his previous games unfinished with lot of bugs and rushed sloppy endings
Really living up to the 'Cruel' name, huh?

Such mockeries and insults are not welcome anywhere. So either be more respectful or leave and find a game and developer you actually like.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Really living up to the 'Cruel' name, huh?

Such mockeries and insults are not welcome anywhere. So either be more respectful or leave and find a game and developer you actually like.
Oh no, one of the misinformed is back... Whatever will I do.

Anyway...

are we having an update this month
I won't be releasing the Patreon version public this time round just because the engine overall isn't completed yet. By end of March however the full rebuild should be done with the public version being released in April.

Feb 2, 2018
Welcome to Nicest looks so dope, the two playthroughs are very innovative. My only concern is just how long it will take to get updates out. Nergal sometimes get carried away with the amount of woman characters he develops and that leads to the story moving at a VERY slow pace. We can see that in Solarion and Kingdom of deception. In this instance there are 7 female characters who it looks like MC will interact with, 4 main ones. Add to that the fact that each interaction will be doubled to fit both playthrough modes and it seems like this game will take a TON of work to make substantial progress. This makes me personally worried about how long it will take to see substantial progress, especially considering Nergal is working on 2 other projects simultaneously. I hope Nergal can kind of make a statement on how exactly this will impact the timing of his other projects and how long it will take to actually see progress in Welcome to Nicest.

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk
Jan 3, 2021
Welcome to Nicest looks so dope, the two playthroughs are very innovative. My only concern is just how long it will take to get updates out. Nergal sometimes get carried away with the amount of woman characters he develops and that leads to the story moving at a VERY slow pace. We can see that in Solarion and Kingdom of deception. In this instance there are 7 female characters who it looks like MC will interact with, 4 main ones. Add to that the fact that each interaction will be doubled to fit both playthrough modes and it seems like this game will take a TON of work to make substantial progress. This makes me personally worried about how long it will take to see substantial progress, especially considering Nergal is working on 2 other projects simultaneously. I hope Nergal can kind of make a statement on how exactly this will impact the timing of his other projects and how long it will take to actually see progress in Welcome to Nicest.
I mean, he clearly stated it's a side game, seriously doubt it will really affect his other games since he is placing much less importance on it so I doubt it will affect his other games. However it does mean, sadly, that Welcome to Nicest will probably be very slow to update, especially because funding for it, at least right now since it doesent even have an actual release, is not even comparable to his other projects, so he probably wont focus as much on it except if he gets to a similar level of funding as his other games. On your point of the slow pacing, I personally dont see it as a problem, if anything I think it is one of my favorite parts of his games as he manages to make it feel more natural as you progress with the characters. As for how long it will take to release updates, idk if even he knows, I mean since its a side project it really is whenever he wants so we just have to be patient and, even though it sounds like im just advertising for him, pledging to the patron really would probably help his motivation to update it more frequently as he sees an audience growing around it with a lot of interest. I will say it will probably take a LONG time so we have to be patient.

Bit of a tangent, but if it were up to me I would hope KoS would be his side project and Welcome to Nicest and TSP his main focuses, just because I like the idea of WtN and the fetishes in it more than I do KoS, but that's just me.

Reactions: shroomshroomshroom
Feb 2, 2018
I mean, he clearly stated it's a side game, seriously doubt it will really affect his other games since he is placing much less importance on it so I doubt it will affect his other games. However it does mean, sadly, that Welcome to Nicest will probably be very slow to update, especially because funding for it, at least right now since it doesent even have an actual release, is not even comparable to his other projects, so he probably wont focus as much on it except if he gets to a similar level of funding as his other games. On your point of the slow pacing, I personally dont see it as a problem, if anything I think it is one of my favorite parts of his games as he manages to make it feel more natural as you progress with the characters. As for how long it will take to release updates, idk if even he knows, I mean since its a side project it really is whenever he wants so we just have to be patient and, even though it sounds like im just advertising for him, pledging to the patron really would probably help his motivation to update it more frequently as he sees an audience growing around it with a lot of interest. I will say it will probably take a LONG time so we have to be patient.

Bit of a tangent, but if it were up to me I would hope KoS would be his side project and Welcome to Nicest and TSP his main focuses, just because I like the idea of WtN and the fetishes in it more than I do KoS, but that's just me.
Same, Welcome to Nicest seems so dope, I also wish it was a part of the main focus. I guess what I want to know is what are the bottlenecks in his gave dev process. If its scene illustration then this new project really won't slow down the development progress and maybe it will even be updates quicker than we think (given the drawings are by someone else than the main2 games).

However, I do have to disagree with you. I think that a slow-paced story can definitely still be achieved with relatively quicker update releases. In a way, I kind of see slow updates as counter-productive to real slow-paced story progression. For example, look at the Solarion Project. Sure there has been relatively "slow progression", but the story itself moves to sex really quickly. While I think that fits the story line of solarion project better and really like how Nergal is taking it, for something like welcome to nicest where the story may move slower (towards sex), combined with long windows between updates may just result in painfully slow progression. Mind you this take does involve speculation on how they plan to take the game, so it could be completely different when we get to see the first version.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021
Same, Welcome to Nicest seems so dope, I also wish it was a part of the main focus. I guess what I want to know is what are the bottlenecks in his gave dev process. If its scene illustration then this new project really won't slow down the development progress and maybe it will even be updates quicker than we think (given the drawings are by someone else than the main2 games).

However, I do have to disagree with you. I think that a slow-paced story can definitely still be achieved with relatively quicker update releases. In a way, I kind of see slow updates as counter-productive to real slow-paced story progression. For example, look at the Solarion Project. Sure there has been relatively "slow progression", but the story itself moves to sex really quickly. While I think that fits the story line of solarion project better and really like how Nergal is taking it, for something like welcome to nicest where the story may move slower (towards sex), combined with long windows between updates may just result in painfully slow progression. Mind you this take does involve speculation on how they plan to take the game, so it could be completely different when we get to see the first version.
I think the main thing slowing him down is probably coding and writing since Nergal seems to usually commission the art way before it ever gets into the game, like there are already stills for showering scenes for the characters in Welcome to Nicest and all the busts seem to be complete as well, with nude variants and stuff. For coding this game seems to me like it wont be as taxing as the rest since there's no sort of battle system or something like that but building everything still takes time. Plus he has to code and write for three games now which is more time consuming than one might think.

On your second point I think I misunderstood your original post, I definitely agree with you that a quicker update release would be better, I was talking about the slow progression in game and how I prefer that sort of writing style. However the slower release schedule is due ,as far as I remember, to KoS as originally TSP was receiving monthly updates, and I think Nergal slowed down as he had to focus on two games now instead of one. However, maybe now that TSP is finally getting its rebuild in the new engine finished Nergal will have more time on his hands to work on Welcome to Nicest. But, at least at first, I seriously doubt we will have consistent updates sadly. Idk gotta wait and see what he says tho and how Welcome to Nicest performs too I guess.

Reactions: shroomshroomshroom
Feb 2, 2018
I think the main thing slowing him down is probably coding and writing since Nergal seems to usually commission the art way before it ever gets into the game, like there are already stills for showering scenes for the characters in Welcome to Nicest and all the busts seem to be complete as well, with nude variants and stuff. For coding this game seems to me like it wont be as taxing as the rest since there's no sort of battle system or something like that but building everything still takes time. Plus he has to code and write for three games now which is more time consuming than one might think.

On your second point I think I misunderstood your original post, I definitely agree with you that a quicker update release would be better, I was talking about the slow progression in game and how I prefer that sort of writing style. However the slower release schedule is due ,as far as I remember, to KoS as originally TSP was receiving monthly updates, and I think Nergal slowed down as he had to focus on two games now instead of one. However, maybe now that TSP is finally getting its rebuild in the new engine finished Nergal will have more time on his hands to work on Welcome to Nicest. But, at least at first, I seriously doubt we will have consistent updates sadly. Idk gotta wait and see what he says tho and how Welcome to Nicest performs too I guess.
I have no doubts it will be successful. The art is there, the story is there, and Nergal is relatively very reliable recently compared to other devs. Reminds me of urban demons, bones tales manor, and some heavy NTR combined, definitely a recipe for success. Not to mention the separate c(h)uck vs chad perspectives, good for both more content and for those who don't like one or the other perspective.

4.10 star(s) 36 Votes