4.00 star(s) 34 Votes

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I have no doubts it will be successful. The art is there, the story is there, and Nergal is relatively very reliable recently compared to other devs. Reminds me of urban demons, bones tales manor, and some heavy NTR combined, definitely a recipe for success. Not to mention the separate c(h)uck vs chad perspectives, good for both more content and for those who don't like one or the other perspective.
I think the main thing slowing him down is probably coding and writing since Nergal seems to usually commission the art way before it ever gets into the game, like there are already stills for showering scenes for the characters in Welcome to Nicest and all the busts seem to be complete as well, with nude variants and stuff. For coding this game seems to me like it wont be as taxing as the rest since there's no sort of battle system or something like that but building everything still takes time. Plus he has to code and write for three games now which is more time consuming than one might think.

On your second point I think I misunderstood your original post, I definitely agree with you that a quicker update release would be better, I was talking about the slow progression in game and how I prefer that sort of writing style. However the slower release schedule is due ,as far as I remember, to KoS as originally TSP was receiving monthly updates, and I think Nergal slowed down as he had to focus on two games now instead of one. However, maybe now that TSP is finally getting its rebuild in the new engine finished Nergal will have more time on his hands to work on Welcome to Nicest. But, at least at first, I seriously doubt we will have consistent updates sadly. Idk gotta wait and see what he says tho and how Welcome to Nicest performs too I guess.
It's really awesome seeing people keen for the project! I'm looking forward to it too, but also already discussed I wouldn't expect the same level of updates / commitment as the other project.

But I did want to take the time to answer / clarify some of the comments made here.

Update frequency:

I'm aiming for every 3-4 months updating (but NO GUARANTEES). This is why the patreon is only set to receive tips ($1 pledges) right now. There won't be any higher tiers for accessing early builds, when a build is ready, I'll drop it for public right away. If I was able to commit to more frequent updates I'd be more comfortable adding in higher tiers.

Update Content Amount:

This is hard to say, since the main source of funding for this project right now is the extra income I receive from itch.io. But what I'll be trying to achieve is having a single character focus for each build (with some characters getting minor bits of progression).

Certain characters will be faster progressions than others (most of the household progressions will be slow burn / build) while, characters like the teacher and the neighbour will be slightly quicker (require less work overall).

I wanted to avoid a scenario where it's like, 0.1 - the kissing build, 0.2 the HJ build, 0.3 the BJ build, 0.4 finally - the fuck build! It annoys me when games do it that way, so I won't be doing that myself haha.

Affect on other projects:

This project is being worked on completely in free time. It's not part of my usual 9-6, 5 day working time. And just in case that wasn't clear, it doesn't mean ALL my free time will be taken up with this. It's meant to be a fun project on the side. Basically I'm saying it will not affect my other projects. (They'll still get builds every other month as per usual)

Is this project replacing any of the other projects?

Unless this project generates serious and quick support, very unlikely. I'd definitely consider bringing this into a full time project, depending on how things are in the future though and the state of the other projects too. More than likely I see this project replacing The Solarion Project far down the line (when TSP is nearing completion)

Development Process Slow Down / Bottlenecks

Well there's two areas to touch on here. Art and game development. Art is determined solely by funding and is the biggest factor on how much content you'll see per update. And game development's biggest overhead is of course writing. Unlike my other projects there won't be many systems in play that require coding (most are done already), and once all the maps are developed it's then just planning out and writing each character's progression (for each protagonist).

Writing takes a lot of time and also takes a lot out of me too. Fortunately I've developed some tools that help in terms of making it as smooth as possible (import tools that I use for all my projects), but still can be a hefty time sink. Also because the protagonists have similar progressions (just told from different perspectives) I won't have to do much extra planning. But again, writing is the biggie here.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to lay my thoughts out to the comments made here to give people a better idea of what to expect ^^

Jan 3, 2021
It's really awesome seeing people keen for the project! I'm looking forward to it too, but also already discussed I wouldn't expect the same level of updates / commitment as the other project.

But I did want to take the time to answer / clarify some of the comments made here.

Update frequency:

I'm aiming for every 3-4 months updating (but NO GUARANTEES). This is why the patreon is only set to receive tips ($1 pledges) right now. There won't be any higher tiers for accessing early builds, when a build is ready, I'll drop it for public right away. If I was able to commit to more frequent updates I'd be more comfortable adding in higher tiers.

Update Content Amount:

This is hard to say, since the main source of funding for this project right now is the extra income I receive from itch.io. But what I'll be trying to achieve is having a single character focus for each build (with some characters getting minor bits of progression).

Certain characters will be faster progressions than others (most of the household progressions will be slow burn / build) while, characters like the teacher and the neighbour will be slightly quicker (require less work overall).

I wanted to avoid a scenario where it's like, 0.1 - the kissing build, 0.2 the HJ build, 0.3 the BJ build, 0.4 finally - the fuck build! It annoys me when games do it that way, so I won't be doing that myself haha.

Affect on other projects:

This project is being worked on completely in free time. It's not part of my usual 9-6, 5 day working time. And just in case that wasn't clear, it doesn't mean ALL my free time will be taken up with this. It's meant to be a fun project on the side. Basically I'm saying it will not affect my other projects. (They'll still get builds every other month as per usual)

Is this project replacing any of the other projects?

Unless this project generates serious and quick support, very unlikely. I'd definitely consider bringing this into a full time project, depending on how things are in the future though and the state of the other projects too. More than likely I see this project replacing The Solarion Project far down the line (when TSP is nearing completion)

Development Process Slow Down / Bottlenecks

Well there's two areas to touch on here. Art and game development. Art is determined solely by funding and is the biggest factor on how much content you'll see per update. And game development's biggest overhead is of course writing. Unlike my other projects there won't be many systems in play that require coding (most are done already), and once all the maps are developed it's then just planning out and writing each character's progression (for each protagonist).

Writing takes a lot of time and also takes a lot out of me too. Fortunately I've developed some tools that help in terms of making it as smooth as possible (import tools that I use for all my projects), but still can be a hefty time sink. Also because the protagonists have similar progressions (just told from different perspectives) I won't have to do much extra planning. But again, writing is the biggie here.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to lay my thoughts out to the comments made here to give people a better idea of what to expect ^^
Ty for all the info! Excited for what's to come! I think what makes your updates worth it is precisely how much story progression they all contain. I also find it really annoying when games have like the "fuck build" and stuff like that so even though it takes a while for updates there's usually more than one sex scene and when there isn't there's plenty of build up to establish the relationship between the character, which is pretty important to me. Other games just feel a little jarring when just seemingly out of no where it pops into a sex scene with little to no build up, and in a game with the fetishes in Welcome to Nicest I think the build up is extra important. So even though it might take a while im sure the update will be worth it.

Reactions: Naughty Underworld
Mar 12, 2019
Look I don't know if this question was asked already but at the for the Easter event at kos, will there be something like that for tsp.

Jan 3, 2021
For those interested:

I'm happy to announce the launch of the newest project; Welcome to Nicest!
You can now get a hold of the proof of concept: Mega

This isn't the official first official 0.1 build, but just a teaser / proof of concept to show you how the game will mostly operate. This game is a for fun project with myself and Crot and we will be updating when we can, so please don't expect regular or consistent builds. We've set up a patreon for now that will function just as a tip jar of sorts. So if you like what you see, please consider supporting the project to help cover the expenses of it ^^

WelcomeToNicest.png
here you go

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
1647765898954.png

Just saw the update, the new characters look amazing. I really love the main cast, and I really hope we will be able to recruit some other women to our team/Harem lol

Reactions: Naughty Underworld

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
View attachment 1713317

Just saw the update, the new characters look amazing. I really love the main cast, and I really hope we will be able to recruit some other women to our team/Harem lol
Unfortunately the main crew will be static (the 6 members), but there will be a "floating crew position" currently occupied by Shuma, where NPCs will come and go throughout the course of the game.

Hey dev do the choices matter? Do they make any difference?
Some will matter later on deeper into NPC's progressions (all the choices you make around Shuma have an effect on how her story ends for example). Others are more about portraying about how you want your character to behave / act, which mainly effects dialogue and such.

The only choices that will lock you out of content will be the ones where you don't pursue a relationship with that NPC (will be super obvious too, so no need to worry about that so much.)

Reactions: BroodZeo

BroodZeo

Oct 18, 2020
Unfortunately the main crew will be static (the 6 members), but there will be a "floating crew position" currently occupied by Shuma, where NPCs will come and go throughout the course of the game.

Some will matter later on deeper into NPC's progressions (all the choices you make around Shuma have an effect on how her story ends for example). Others are more about portraying about how you want your character to behave / act, which mainly effects dialogue and such.

The only choices that will lock you out of content will be the ones where you don't pursue a relationship with that NPC (will be super obvious too, so no need to worry about that so much.)
what about the starting choice when asked to defend one of the girls or stay neutral

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
what about the starting choice when asked to defend one of the girls or stay neutral
At the moment that doesn't do anything. In the future there will be a sort of "respect" system and this choice will play into that. There'll be more choices like this with crew interactions where the player will have choices and it will be about balancing those choices to keep the "respect level" at maximum. So far this "Respect system" was only going to effect the battle system (such as critical chance and unique dialogue in battle), but I might do some other stuff in the future with it.

BroodZeo

Oct 18, 2020
At the moment that doesn't do anything. In the future there will be a sort of "respect" system and this choice will play into that. There'll be more choices like this with crew interactions where the player will have choices and it will be about balancing those choices to keep the "respect level" at maximum. So far this "Respect system" was only going to effect the battle system (such as critical chance and unique dialogue in battle), but I might do some other stuff in the future with it.
so what's the best option in here stay neutral or defend one of the girl if yes then which

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021

Intreasting could you eleborate?? You mean shuma is temporery NPC and she is a fling???

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
I'm not sure how else to explain it tbh. But once you complete her quest she will no longer be on the ship (though she will still be interactable elsewhere - just not on the ship.) One of the other temporary crew members was going to be Nix too.

View attachment 1714104
Well I understand that you are still playing with ideas, but if I were to give a suggestion to you is to let the cap(us) choose one of them in the game to be our partner. I personlliy liked shuma and I love the design of the other women.

Kamuisaki

May 26, 2020
Well I understand that you are still playing with ideas, but if I were to give a suggestion to you is to let the cap(us) choose one of them in the game to be our partner. I personlliy liked shuma and I love the design of the other women.
The spaceship isn't big enough for more crew members, so he can't keep one. Also why Shuma would stay on the ship when she has others things to do after she become Queen ?

4.00 star(s) 34 Votes