przewodo

May 10, 2017
the game updated when I booted it up, so im pretty certain you don't have to redownload the game. Just played through the free update w/o having to do a separate download
The only update that the game can't do is about the savegames that can't be loaded. The files here is outdated and the only way to fix this is making the player download the game from our official links...

Reactions: dyingbreed86

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Sam muttdoggy F95

First of all sorry to drag you into this, but I think active mod in this thread (wep) is kinda bias towards this game (and me).

What is this all about?

I requested a game update for the the free content update (including updating OP) and as you can see my request was rejected due to the game's DRM forcing the players to have an active internet connection to load the game (after all files are verified you don't need an active internet connection anymore).
1598960718772.png

However, I came across the game "The Last Man", which appears on the "Last updates"- section and OP being frequently updated. (muttdoggy you are the active mod there - is this correct?)

On OP the player gets informed that Last Man requires a "free account" verified by an email account, and to start the game it is required to be logged in as well. Kinda similar to The Spellbook.

1598960683274.png 1598960748246.png

Questions:
Why does one game gets updated and other not? Both games have some sort of DRM and requires an active internet connection to run it. What is the difference between these two games?

Sam muttdoggy if you guys might be so kind and explain the reasons for the double standards here, it might help us players to understand the situation a bit better.

Reactions: Zozefs

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Why does one game gets updated and other not? Both games have some sort of DRM and requires an active internet connection to start the game. What is the difference these to games?
The difference is we/the staff weren't aware that Last Man was online only, as such it won't be added to latest updates again without a crack.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
The difference is we/the staff weren't aware that Last Man was online only, as such it won't be added to latest updates again without a crack.
Thanks for your fast reply. I guess with that the case is closed and OP stays as it is without getting updated with the bug free game client and players being informed that free content has been updated.

Thanks for taking your time.

Feb 5, 2020
Thanks for your fast reply. I guess with that the case is closed and OP stays as it is without getting updated with the bug free game client and players being informed that free content has been updated.

Here’s an idea. How about you start a thread called ‘Spellbook update notifications’ and post an update every time the game is updated?

Reactions: cold_arctus

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Well devs could ask for control of the OP so they could update that if wish to or request an uploader to update the files. Even if no obligation for the uploader in question, (s)he might still decide to do it.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Well devs could ask for control of the OP so they could update that if wish to or request an uploader to update the files. Even if no obligation for the uploader in question, (s)he might still decide to do it.
not sure if mods would agree to that.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
not sure if mods would agree to that.
Asking is free though and on the whole they do not tend to be unreasonable if they can help, even if you may not always agree with their pov and reasons. Talking reasonable and discussing what options they have to help you out if possible is always better as not talking.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Asking is free though and on the whole they do not tend to be unreasonable if they can help, even if you may not always agree with their pov and reasons. Talking reasonable and discussing what options they have to help you out if possible is always better as not talking.
Looks like Rocco & Jim already requested to have the files on OP be updated without showing the game on "Latest Updates" section.

Having ownership over OP won't change the fact that a mod/staff member need to approve OP's modification by a dev or third person first.

Reactions: DA22

przewodo

May 10, 2017
We already asked for them... we got the same answer as cold_arctus

Reactions: DA22

Sir_EatsALot

Aug 24, 2017
Hi! just stumbled upon this game. Can any kind soul tell me how much content is in the non-NTR route? From some of the comments it seems this was primarily an NTR game. Is the content in non-NTR route comparable to the NTR route in terms of quantity? Thanks for the info :)

dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020
Hi! just stumbled upon this game. Can any kind soul tell me how much content is in the non-NTR route? From some of the comments it seems this was primarily an NTR game. Is the content in non-NTR route comparable to the NTR route in terms of quantity? Thanks for the info :)
There are 2 main Love routes that you can take and it offers quite a bit of content in it. As a bit of heads up, gf love route may includes couple lewd scenes with MC's friend and a girl that MC's not involved with in that route(depending on your choice). Seems like it's a huge deal breaker for some people. 2nd love route focuses entirely on the MC so far, if this is a red flag for you.

Also, be sure to dl the game from the dev's patreon page or do search on the thread for the dl link.

Edit: another heads up for the gf route, if you choose to let MC's friend get some action, there will be an option for a cum-kiss scene that also seems to be a red flag for some players

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir_EatsALot

Sir_EatsALot

Aug 24, 2017
There are 2 main Love routes that you can take and it offers quite a bit of content in it. As a bit of heads up, gf love route may includes couple lewd scenes with MC's friend and a girl that MC's not involved with in that route(depending on your choice). Seems like it's a huge deal breaker for some people. 2nd love route focuses entirely on the MC so far, if this is a red flag for you.

Also, be sure to dl the game from the dev's patreon page or do search on the thread for the dl link.

Edit: another heads up for the gf route, if you choose to let MC's friend get some action, there will be an option for a cum-kiss scene that also seems to be a red flag for some players
Thanks for the info :) Will give this a go!

Reactions: dyingbreed86

Voidstep

Jan 2, 2018

intresting, I just have one love save and one NTR. When is the branching happening, do i have to keep 3+ saves or those paths combine back and how many paths are on NTR route?

SomeOldFart

Nov 18, 2017
Ok, so on the Love route, will there be different consequences / scenes / story progression / endings depending on whether you went to the beach with your Mom and Sister or if you went to the lake with Kelly and your friends? :unsure:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ok, so on the Love route, will there be different consequences / scenes / story progression / endings depending on whether you went to the beach with your Mom and Sister or if you went to the lake with Kelly and your friends? :unsure:
If I understood devs correct there are two love routes as there are two NTR paths and the branching is for love paths indeed between going to beach or lake and it was even said that each route on NTR and Love paths would even have some own unique characters. Hope that answers that.

Reactions: SomeOldFart

SomeOldFart

Nov 18, 2017
If I understood devs correct there are two love routes as there are two NTR paths and the branching is for love paths indeed between going to beach or lake and it was even said that each route on NTR and Love paths would even have some own unique characters. Hope that answers that.
Nice! Thanks! :)

3.40 star(s) 112 Votes