przewodo

May 10, 2017
I dunno if it worth the hassle to download the free from direct link which it from the developer's site. It kept dropping connection or timeout.

In addition, there are already some concern.... (1) No explanation what and why "The Spellbook xx Setup.exe" for. (2) I prefer manually update the game instead of automatic update. (3) if Automatic update is mandatory, then explain how it really works.

Well, I like the game and haven't played it in a while and now I see that there so much changes. I may just walk away from this game because (1) I will not install the game... (2) Due to lack of information why the game is force to check for updates and bug fixes as well how it will work.
there is direct link, mega or torrent option...

and you can every single month download the entire game if you wish...

Edit:
The auto updates just download the files needed to play the next release. its usually about 500mb. So instead you download the entire game (2.5gb) the game can just download the new content.

But again, you can download every month it full from our download page

The setup is only a shortcut to Unzip the game and create an icon on your desktop IF you wish. There is a lot of people that don't know how to do that as like people don't know what means x86 and x64 that is game compiled in 32 bits or 64 bits....

Edit 2:
Just take a look on our . A lot of things are explained there...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingvlad

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
there is direct link, mega or torrent option...

and you can every single month download the entire game if you wish...

Edit:
The auto updates just download the files needed to play the next release. its usually about 500mb. So instead you download the entire game (2.5gb) the game can just download the new content.

But again, you can download every month it full from our download page

The setup is only a shortcut to Unzip the game and create an icon on your desktop IF you wish. There is a lot of people that don't know how to do that as like people don't know what means x86 and x64 that is game compiled in 32 bits or 64 bits....

Edit 2:
Just take a look on our . A lot of things are explained there...
Sorry if I sounds harsh...

direct link -- ( ) Unreliable to download. Tried to download it random time. Since this is direct link to The Spellbook's site
mega -- Pain in ass to download without having an subscription service with them. Mega set random waiting timer to download...
torrent option -- I used this in past and 90% of the time it takes even longer to download. It a mesh technology to download. I had avoided this method for long time since I wasn't impress the transfer speed.

I just review

"Do I need internet to play?"
I do not agree that it mandatory requires internet access to launch the game.

"Do you collect any kind of information?"
Need better explanation how it will not collect any information.

Example...

- The application only compare the "custom tag code version" from the local soure to the primary source, if there is a version change, it will download the update change. If there is no update change, it will skip the update.
- It will only check update from primary source location @ thespellbook.example.xxx/repository/update

I still will not install this game, I have already move away from this game. Wish you the best with the success of The Spellbook.

Have a great day. (y)

• Angry

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
torrent option -- I used this in past and 90% of the time it takes even longer to download. It a mesh technology to download. I had avoided this method for long time since I wasn't impress the transfer speed.
Just so you know, a couple of us volunteered to seed the game 24/7 on P2P. Go for it and see if it's that bad :)

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Just so you know, a couple of us volunteered to seed the game 24/7 on P2P. Go for it and see if it's that bad :)
I am aware that torrent works for others, it doesn't work for me to meet my requirement. Glad that you don't experience any issue and it work well for you.

I do a lot of FTP/SFTP/SSH files transfers over the decades. I had tried torrent multiple times over the decades and and it just doesn't work for me and doesn't meet my requirements. I even find command-line are even faster than the GUI FTP/SFTP/SSH over the years. I see others who do not like to do command-line because it too much work for them and they prefer to use the GUI and mouse to do the work.

Have a great day. (y)

TrueNemesis

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if I sounds harsh...

direct link -- ( ) Unreliable to download. Tried to download it random time. Since this is direct link to The Spellbook's site
mega -- Pain in ass to download without having an subscription service with them. Mega set random waiting timer to download...

I just review

"Do I need internet to play?"
I do not agree that it mandatory requires internet access to launch the game.

"Do you collect any kind of information?"
Need better explanation how it will not collect any information.

Example...

- The application only compare the "custom tag code version" from the local soure to the primary source, if there is a version change, it will download the update change. If there is no update change, it will skip the update.
- It will only check update from primary source location @ thespellbook.example.xxx/repository/update

I still will not install this game, I have already move away from this game. Wish you the best with the success of The Spellbook.

Have a great day. (y)
You are really a meme character about someone that is too stupid to use a computer...

How can anyone say so many stupid things in so little words?

is NOT a direct link, this is for the online version of the game.
>>>> <<<< is the direct link

You don't need a sub for Mega, Torrent always work if you know how to use it, even direct download is fast from these guys, I tried it just now and got 13 mb/s from them.
It sounds like you are 12 or 50 years old that don't understand modern tech...
They don't collect ANY information, how do you not understand that.
How can anyone need a better explanation then that?

I think that you used some kind of translation software and might have misunderstood a few things they told you or that is written here, ask on the discord and you will get help.

xLoshara

May 20, 2019
Android port is so bad. After downloading it ingame you need to play it till the end or else you wont be able to open it again if you close the app.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
You are really a meme character about someone that is too stupid to use a computer...

How can anyone say so many stupid things in so little words?

is NOT a direct link, this is for the online version of the game.
>>>> <<<< is the direct link

You don't need a sub for Mega, Torrent always work if you know how to use it, even direct download is fast from these guys, I tried it just now and got 13 mb/s from them.
It sounds like you are 12 or 50 years old that don't understand modern tech...
They don't collect ANY information, how do you not understand that.
How can anyone need a better explanation then that?

I think that you used some kind of translation software and might have misunderstood a few things they told you or that is written here, ask on the discord and you will get help.
"You are really a meme character about someone that is too stupid to use a computer..."
* Wow, Mr Know-It-All... Let see if can answer the mb/s... Is it Megabyte per seconds or Megabits per seconds???

I assumed your answer was Megabyte per second... That is INCORRECT... It is Megabits per seconds..

So, you loved to brag that you can download it in 13 mb/s, do your math using that number and figure out the mathematical time to download that game based on the true file size using pencil and paper. Using any electronic devices would be consider cheating. BTW, since you posted 13 mb/s, that is the peak max time to download, that would be the minimum download time, unless you are sitting in the large datacenter that is next to major backbone provider.

"It sounds like you are 12 or 50 years old that don't understand modern tech..."
* Wow, again, I assumed you are Mr. Know-It-All. It seems that you are either age...

Wow, you are really a kind of person to insult people before you know the individual... If you believe you know enough technologies, have you done FTP, TFTP, SFTP, SSH? Better yet have you done Telnet? Have you done Intel or Motorola assembly language programming? Do you understand token ring technologies, do you know this still exist today? Have you ever converted binary to ASCII and back without using online, Apps, calculators?? Have you ever use checksum? I have you done massive data transfer (Not talking about gigabyte of data... talking about terabyte/petabyte of data) from point A to Point B that they are in two different locations. I have used and done so many technologies over the years.

"How can anyone say so many stupid things in so little words?"
* Well, this sound more like you since you are posting this message to me. I am sure that you feel proud bully individual for replying this message.

If you learn to be very patience to read individual's posting very carefully, you would understand the posting. You have not read my posting very carefully... I said the domain naughtygames.net (or 23.236.62.147) or the sub-domain thespellbook.naughtygames.net (or 107.180.60.77, This is technically a virtual IP address) is unreliable to download the game from "The Spellbook x64 Setup.zip" file. So the hosting provider may have been crappy that cause the download to drop several times, that was forced to re-download again. oh, should I say that I also tested Spellbook x64 Setup.zip (oh, the DNS is not set for that... and the digital certificate is not set for IP address, only for the subdomain DNS address)... Technically, the proper URL path to their game is really....
(not
)
OR
(not
)
Due to there spaces in the file name. The URL usually do not understand spaces, so you need to insert "%20" without quotes for every spaces. BTW, do you know that naughtygames.net was registered and hosted on on 05 February 2019? Oh that explains why the download from source was an issue... It is hosted on Wix web/domain hosting. Wix is reasonable site for most people for website, however not as download file repository. Downloading big files from there is not reasonable. Give them few years and it may be reasonable.

I don't even care if you are PEER TO PEER (P2P) lover to use Torrent and claim it been flawless for you since the day you were born... That is you, you ain't me. I provided my reason why I wouldn't use it due to technical issue(s) I had with it over the years. Which I have done a heap load of downloads using FTP/SFTP/SHH/TELNET, as well using HTTP/HTTPS. In fact FTP/TELNET/SSH is more reliable tools to use for me. It may not be reliable for you.

Next time you reply an insult or discriminate to anyone regarding by age, intelligent, disability, gender, etc., think very carefully before you reply and make sure you proof read it several times before you hit the powerful, magic, pretty, red, "POST REPLY" button to send your message.

Have a good day. (y)

• Angry

przewodo

May 10, 2017
"You are really a meme character about someone that is too stupid to use a computer..."
* Wow, Mr Know-It-All... Let see if can answer the mb/s... Is it Megabyte per seconds or Megabits per seconds???

I assumed your answer was Megabyte per second... That is INCORRECT... It is Megabits per seconds..

So, you loved to brag that you can download it in 13 mb/s, do your math using that number and figure out the mathematical time to download that game based on the true file size using pencil and paper. Using any electronic devices would be consider cheating. BTW, since you posted 13 mb/s, that is the peak max time to download, that would be the minimum download time, unless you are sitting in the large datacenter that is next to major backbone provider.

"It sounds like you are 12 or 50 years old that don't understand modern tech..."
* Wow, again, I assumed you are Mr. Know-It-All. It seems that you are either age...

Wow, you are really a kind of person to insult people before you know the individual... If you believe you know enough technologies, have you done FTP, TFTP, SFTP, SSH? Better yet have you done Telnet? Have you done Intel or Motorola assembly language programming? Do you understand token ring technologies, do you know this still exist today? Have you ever converted binary to ASCII and back without using online, Apps, calculators?? Have you ever use checksum? I have you done massive data transfer (Not talking about gigabyte of data... talking about terabyte/petabyte of data) from point A to Point B that they are in two different locations. I have used and done so many technologies over the years.

"How can anyone say so many stupid things in so little words?"
* Well, this sound more like you since you are posting this message to me. I am sure that you feel proud bully individual for replying this message.

If you learn to be very patience to read individual's posting very carefully, you would understand the posting. You have not read my posting very carefully... I said the domain naughtygames.net (or 23.236.62.147) or the sub-domain thespellbook.naughtygames.net (or 107.180.60.77, This is technically a virtual IP address) is unreliable to download the game from "The Spellbook x64 Setup.zip" file. So the hosting provider may have been crappy that cause the download to drop several times, that was forced to re-download again. oh, should I say that I also tested Spellbook x64 Setup.zip (oh, the DNS is not set for that... and the digital certificate is not set for IP address, only for the subdomain DNS address)... Technically, the proper URL path to their game is really....
(not
)
OR
(not
)
Due to there spaces in the file name. The URL usually do not understand spaces, so you need to insert "%20" without quotes for every spaces. BTW, do you know that naughtygames.net was registered and hosted on on 05 February 2019? Oh that explains why the download from source was an issue... It is hosted on Wix web/domain hosting. Wix is reasonable site for most people for website, however not as download file repository. Downloading big files from there is not reasonable. Give them few years and it may be reasonable.

I don't even care if you are PEER TO PEER (P2P) lover to use Torrent and claim it been flawless for you since the day you were born... That is you, you ain't me. I provided my reason why I wouldn't use it due to technical issue(s) I had with it over the years. Which I have done a heap load of downloads using FTP/SFTP/SHH/TELNET, as well using HTTP/HTTPS. In fact FTP/TELNET/SSH is more reliable tools to use for me. It may not be reliable for you.

Next time you reply an insult or discriminate to anyone regarding by age, intelligent, disability, gender, etc., think very carefully before you reply and make sure you proof read it several times before you hit the powerful, magic, pretty, red, "POST REPLY" button to send your message.

Have a good day. (y)

Its is in MEGABYTES not Megabits..
1601349971672.png

In megabits is impossible to download 2.5GB of game in 2 minutes....

Edit:

Btw, I do live in Brazil... very bad connections and I still can download it very fast...

Last edited:

przewodo

May 10, 2017
The files are on a godaddy server on USA....

Edit:

on nowadays, you don't need to use url encode on the links for browsers or any downloader download the link, because they do it by themselves...

Edit 2:

Also, all links are 100% correct using HTTPS on the subdomains that contains the SSL certificate on the godaddy server....

Last edited:

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
The files are on a godaddy server on USA....
I've got a 300Mbps up and down line, but limited it to 150 on P2P (so it does not impede me). I'm seeding that game 24/7. I'm quite sure others are seeding it too. Since it's not a heavy usage, most people will get the full bandwidth available from me already, as I don't recall seeing more than 1 download at a time so far. In theory, on P2P, we should rival most providers as long not too many people download it at once, which so far, has not happened as far as I could tell :).

WheresLucifer you are more than welcome to try it yourself, and see the speed you get on P2P, I promise that for this game, you will not be disappointed :)

przewodo

May 10, 2017
I've got a 300Mbps up and down line, but limited it to 150 on P2P (so it does not impede me). I'm seeding that game 24/7. I'm quite sure others are seeding it too. Since it's not a heavy usage, most people will get the full bandwidth available from me already, as I don't recall seeing more than 1 download at a time so far. In theory, on P2P, we should rival most providers as long not too many people download it at once, which so far, has not happened as far as I could tell :).
On your case, 300Mbps is on megabits (about 37.5 Megabytes per second) and then half of it to P2P. I do have here 400Mbps/400Mbps (about 50MBs/50MB/s) available to upload the game 24/7. Thanks for helping to upload it :) I do really appreciate it!

1601351286972.png

Edit:

The good on the torrent is more people download, faster it becomes!

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
On your case, 300Mbps is on megabits (about 37.5 Megabytes per second) and then half of it to P2P. I do have here 400Mbps/400Mbps (about 50MBs/50MB/s) available to upload the game 24/7. Thanks for helping to upload it :) I do really appreciate it!

View attachment 836995

Edit:

The good on the torrent is more people download, faster it becomes!
I only host the X64 version. If you magnet me the 3 others, I can host those as well if they're needed, I've got the space :)

przewodo

May 10, 2017
I only host the X64 version. If you magnet me the 3 others, I can host those as well if they're needed, I've got the space :)
The other torrents are on our too:

But here they are again:

Win x64 ( | | )
Win x86 ( | | )
Mac ( | | )
Linux ( | | )

3.40 star(s) 112 Votes