Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Ok, but then I don't understand why any uploader/mod/staff member or admin won't allow to update OP if it isn't for the DRM? :unsure:
The game is already breaking the rules, we've explained how to get the game "unblocked" and the developers even agreed to it, although it seems they've dropped this idea now. Regardless, until that happens, we're not going to go out of our way to update a thread that is against our rules.

I'm not going to get into another protracted discussion about this. The developers know how to get the game unblocked, it's up to them if they want to do that.

Just to be clear, online only DRM on the patreon/paid version is fine, online only DRM on the free version is not.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm not going to get into another protracted discussion about this.
Sorry, it wasn't meant to be an argument. I was hopping for an explanation, why one game is allowed to update its OP and another one isn't.

In case of Last Man its apparently another one than for The Spellbook.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2794724

Is there an updated walkthrough upto v 0.11.00? and when is the OP going to get updated? I have updated my game with in-game updates
Edit: Nvm, got my answer. Lmao, no need to do more facepalms. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Kingvlad

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
Not needed, because OP want be updated until a crack or an offline version is available. And if I remember correctly the kiss scene isn't even in v10.0.0.
Yeah, that's the main issue of this game. Unsettled communication between devs & mods. This is not good to the marketing of this game. But, this is the issue between devs & mods. I'm not eligible to judge on who is right or wrong.

I just hope issue solves sooner, so that new players will have less difficulty in downloading this game.

When i first downloaded this game from opening thread, i was very angry that my saves are not getting saved. Then, i seen opening comment by dev & downloaded the whole game again. Time & Data waste, especially if they have low speed internet, they will be very frustrated & miss this "must play" game.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
how can i play it without asking for updates to the game :rolleyes:
Not sure what you mean... the game client has a build in updater which will automatically update the game as soon as the free content is available.

You can download the game for free from dev's patreon page:

Valronn

Apr 13, 2018
Was there a way to get the animations working for the android 0.9 version that is here? Thought id try again but after the download finishes the title screen in the middle is white instead of characters there which means anims not gunna run. Love the game its one of my fave.

• Angry
Reactions: Kingvlad

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
why no v11 here ?
I don't have the details, but apparently, the moderators/admins blocked the dev from updating the thread and links.
If you have V10, upon opening, the game should update itself though :)

You can get the installer from the dev's sites directly as far as I know, and there's also a P2P install lurking in the thread, from not too long ago.

pango173

Oct 26, 2019
ok it updates automaticly ingame. so im fine. one more questions. any special button to skip text ? otherwise i have to click alot

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
ok it updates automaticly ingame. so im fine. one more questions. any special button to skip text ? otherwise i have to click alot
I think it is one of the CTRL keys that does that, but it has a drawback. Once you arrive at a choice, you won't have any idea what the previous text was all about :)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
hmm anyone have black screen problem after opening the game or do i need new GPU ?
Make sure you downloaded the latest available free game client from dev's patreon page (free download). The one posted on OP is outdated.

• Love
Reactions: mars9

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
This David and Michael are pissing me off. I don't like them, they do everything they can to get to MC's mother or his girlfriend.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yes, you saved her ass. You must have been saving your ass by hiding in the bushes.

Last edited:

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I dunno if it worth the hassle to download the free from direct link which it from the developer's site. It kept dropping connection or timeout.

In addition, there are already some concern.... (1) No explanation what and why "The Spellbook xx Setup.exe" for. (2) I prefer manually update the game instead of automatic update. (3) if Automatic update is mandatory, then explain how it really works.

Well, I like the game and haven't played it in a while and now I see that there so much changes. I may just walk away from this game because (1) I will not install the game... (2) Due to lack of information why the game is force to check for updates and bug fixes as well how it will work.

3.40 star(s) 112 Votes