The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
You dont even need to update the game. I deleted the game so many times already and even the saves from the first version are available somewhere in C:\. As long as you dont do a clear windows instal or running strange cleaning softwares (like ccleaner or something) you should have your save games.

COOLak

Dec 26, 2017
Damn! Version 0.9 is way too old!

No. If you updated your game in time you could have kept your saves files. But seeing how old your files are you no longer can import them since the save function changed over the time.
Why not just tell me which version to download in order to successfully import saves from 0.09? Omg.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I sure did use it. In fact, I always use it before asking something, so stop being a dick. This trick didn't work.
How many times do I have to tell you? Your old saves won't work!

Your old saves have .json file extension while the new saves use .dat.

Quote from Dev himself!
OBS.: This won't import any save file from the version 0.9.5.0.
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-spellbook-v0-14-5-0-public-naughtygames.21682/post-4772171

I don't remember if I ever had to start a new game or if I was lucky and my saves got converted.

COOLak

Dec 26, 2017
Ok, so I found the version 0.10, but unfortunately it forcefully updates to the version 0.12.5.5, which I already tried, and it can't import 0.09 saves. And also the version 0.10 doesn't even start without internet connection, so it's impossible to bypass updating it. This is very lame, and there's no meaningful and valid reason to implement a forced update. Looks like now there's really no way to import old saves even if you go through the hassle of finding all old versions of the game like I did. I just wanted to wait until there's substantially more content before continuing to play, which makes a lot of sense, but the developers decided to force people to either play the game constantly or start everything anew.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
But you just said:

Dang it, that's why I was asking what old versions I must use in order to pick up the saves from 0.09.
Yeah, I get you. Sorry that I wasn't more clear about the topic, but I wasn't sure if there was a v0.10 somewhere available which could have been used to convert older saves.

blubberina

May 29, 2017
Free users don't have access to the new scenes until Dec. 1st.
Thanks for the reply. So it downloads the data but cannot access it? Thought the downloads are later available for free users but once available and downloaded instant accessible...

Kinda weird for me but fine, I wait till December :)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Thanks for the reply. So it downloads the data but cannot access it? Thought the downloads are later available for free users but once available and downloaded instant accessible...

Kinda weird for me but fine, I wait till December :)
Free users and Supporters use the same game client that's why you can download the new content already. In other words: Free users can play the game offline while Supports require an active internet connection to get access to the new content.

Reactions: blubberina

COOLak

Dec 26, 2017
Free users can play the game offline while Supports require an active internet connection to get access to the new content.
Hmmm, but for me the game doesn't even start (hangs on Loading screen) unless I have active Internet connection. And I'm not logged in.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hmmm, but for me the game doesn't even start (hangs on Loading screen) unless I have active Internet connection. And I'm not logged in.
Do you use the latest client v15.25.1? If not, download it from dev's patreon page (download is for free).

Mar 27, 2019
I was looking through the games forums and was wondering if there is a full walkthrough or not ? the ones I saw only listed ch 1-3 , love ch 4-6 , and ntr ch4-6 . the games version seems to be 0.14.5 does it mean there is only 6 ch right now or what? I played this game a while ago and can't remember what ch I got to. from what I can recall it was good...

• Angry
Reactions: Kingvlad

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I was looking through the games forums and was wondering if there is a full walkthrough or not ? the ones I saw only listed ch 1-3 , love ch 4-6 , and ntr ch4-6 . the games version seems to be 0.14.5 does it mean there is only 6 ch right now or what? I played this game a while ago and can't remember what ch I got to. from what I can recall it was good...
yes but dineros only. not rly needed after what's available ends.

Big Boss | Erect Snake

I’m just a man who’s good at what he does: Fucking
Uploader
Donor
Feb 8, 2020
v0.15.0.0:
Win x64 |
Win x86 |
Mac |
Linux |

All links found on their free Patreon post .

3.40 star(s) 112 Votes