cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
still doesn't work, I used to support this on patreon but I rescinded my pledge because what's the point in paying for something the doesn't work.
Your report isn't helpful if you do not state your current macOS version. Did you upgrade to macOS Catalina or are you using an older OS?

BabooJ1

Feb 12, 2019
wow, zero new content in my playthrough. A good reason to not support, nice job.
Then you are on the NTR path it seems - remember dev is doing the NTR and Love paths - remember on odd months it is the NTR update and even months it is the Love update.

So be grateful that next month you can enjoy the update and I will have to wait until December for the Love path update that I am on.

Reactions: cold_arctus

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
wow, zero new content in my playthrough. A good reason to not support, nice job.
Inaccurate, while the story is the same, the NTR route has improved graphics and animations the old version didn't have (old chapter 5 had no animations, I think.) Can't remember if all the story branches were there, I do kinda find it odd people aren't really exploring the branches to see the different scenes you get within the routes (it's not strictly two, that message thing in Chapter 4 is misleading.)

Last edited:

BabooJ1

Feb 12, 2019
Inaccurate, while the story is the same, the NTR route has improved graphics and animations the old version didn't have (old chapter 5 had no animations, I think.) Can't remember if all the story branches were there, I do kinda find it odd people aren't really exploring the branches to see the different scenes you get within the routes (it's not strictly two, that message thing in Chapter 4 is misleading.)
While I know the game has multiple paths (mainly NTR and Love) and I don't, personally, care about the NTR path and if you like that kind of thing then this game does cater for your needs also.

NTR just isn't to my tastes and I don't mind waiting for the bi-monthly releases of both paths - I just won't get the NTR updates and know that if I ever decided to check out the NTR path then it will be included when the Love path is released.

For those that love NTR, please don't flame me since it doesn't appeal to me.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
NTR just isn't to my tastes and I don't mind waiting for the bi-monthly releases of both paths - I just won't get the NTR updates and know that if I ever decided to check out the NTR path then it will be included when the Love path is released.

For those that love NTR, please don't flame me since it doesn't appeal to me.
No flames, you like what you like. I just thought it was odd people talk here like they don't know that there's plenty of variation within the game, I mention scenes and people go "Huh?" I'm with you on liking the bimonthly schedule, at least it's consistent.

I don't know why these same posters will run to blow some asshole creator who disappears for 6 months. But when things are honest and the person actually TELLS you when the content you want is coming, they don't like it? Almost every other game here will just release and you don't know what the fuck you'll get. Maybe the girl you like in the game doesn't get a new scene for 8 months, whenever the creator feels like it. Maybe there's a mandatory gay or pooping scene you have to sit through because the game gives you no choice to opt-out.

This thread is fucking weird, is it some kinda meta joke? Everybody playing opposite day?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: greenp and BabooJ1

BabooJ1

Feb 12, 2019
Maybe there's a mandatory gay or pooping scene you have to sit through because the game gives you no choice to opt-out.

This thread is fucking weird, is it some kinda meta joke? Everybody playing opposite day?
Now, games that don't allow you to skip elements that you don't like are bad - I just hate to be forced to watch something that would just turn me off and giving the option to skip that is best or in the case having two distinct paths to cater for both sides.

For those that bitch fuck this no content for me in them in this update and then flame the developer or just plain say I am not carrying on with this game are in my opinion just nuts. Just be patient and you will get your fix soon enough.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
only the last animations didnt work. i changed to usa time and date zone (have already gregorian calendar) but last animations still not working.. i think i cant play this game unlucky.
Changing your date system or locale wasn't for animations, but for seeing the renders. For animation you should try to install the latest version of K-Lite Codec Pack.

Reactions: SomeOldFart

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
i'm on catalina and the latest version works. On the side note, this game need a back button
May I ask you for an instruction about the steps you did to run the game?

Many Mac users struggle with this, because they don't know what they need to do.

I would make an instruction myself, but I do not own a Mac (not anymore :LOL:).

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
May I ask you for an instruction about the steps you did to run the game?

Many Mac users struggle with this, because they don't know what they need to do.

I would make an instruction myself, but I do not own a Mac (not anymore :LOL:).
If the error pop states you cannot open the application, start the terminal and key in:
chmod +x SomeApp.app/Contents/MacOS/*

Example, chmod +x The Spellbook 0.5.5.1 MacOS.app/Contents/* or chmod +x The Spellbook 0.5.5.1 MacOS.app/Contents/MacOS* if the first one does not work.

If you need admin rights then include the command : sudo chmod +x The Spellbook 0.5.5.1 MacOS.app/Contents/MacOS*

Reference:

After running the command, you should be able to open the app. However, if the app still crashes then is a different issue all together. Might be a bug in the game app

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
If the error pop states you cannot open the application, start the terminal and key in:
chmod +x SomeApp.app/Contents/MacOS/*

Example, chmod +x The Spellbook 0.5.5.1 MacOS.app/Contents/* or chmod +x The Spellbook 0.5.5.1 MacOS.app/Contents/MacOS* if the first one does not work.

If you need admin rights then include the command : sudo chmod +x The Spellbook 0.5.5.1 MacOS.app/Contents/MacOS*

Reference:

After running the command, you should be able to open the app. However, if the app still crashes then is a different issue all together. Might be a bug in the game app
Thanks.. hopefully this will help Mac users. :)

Reactions: RandomGuy99

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
It works. probably is a codec problem. this last version has everything most standard possible. The video format that we started to use is webm, because it works in any platform. Also, it is the same format used inside Renpy.

Probably what is missing for everyone that has black screen is codec.

You can try to download the Klite Mega Codec Pack and do a full instalation.

nothing todo with a codec, webm work fine for me in video players, renpy, internet

3.40 star(s) 112 Votes