RPGM Completed The Succubus Trap Island [v1.03] [Tsukinomizu Project]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

CharlieDontSurf

Jun 22, 2021
If you mean the newer game from the dev(Eclipse Knight Saga), thats already being translated manually by someone in ulmf.
Aka the same person(Arenara) who translated Lady Knight Saga and Naedoko Dungeon Chronicle.
So i dont really think said game needs a AI translation for now.
Lets try to avoid killing the willingness of those who are still willing to do manual translations.
I think a manual translation is vastly superior to any AI one, and I hope having a comprehensible AI translation won't have a chilling effect on people with the skills to translate games like this. However, I do think that you're wrong about this particular game not needing a translation for now. The previous translation was dog shit. Absolute worst that I've ever seen, and I'm a pervert that has played hundreds of games like this one. Half of the menus were still in Japanese, and a lot was obviously mistranslated (ie saying "I'm arriving" instead of "I'm coming"). I will say that a few of the translations in the previous version got a laugh out of me because they were so bad, but other than that particular esoteric charm this game sorely needed a decent translation and has been without one for the nearly three years it has been on f95. Thanks Daze for making this game playable.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
I think a manual translation is vastly superior to any AI one, and I hope having a comprehensible AI translation won't have a chilling effect on people with the skills to translate games like this. However, I do think that you're wrong about this particular game not needing a translation for now. The previous translation was dog shit. Absolute worst that I've ever seen, and I'm a pervert that has played hundreds of games like this one. Half of the menus were still in Japanese, and a lot was obviously mistranslated (ie saying "I'm arriving" instead of "I'm coming"). I will say that a few of the translations in the previous version got a laugh out of me because they were so bad, but other than that particular esoteric charm this game sorely needed a decent translation and has been without one for the nearly three years it has been on f95. Thanks Daze for making this game playable.
Besides, if there is still an error to be found that the AI didn't catch, just screenshot it and send it to Daze and he'll fix it.

Knightlight

Jun 22, 2017
If it were a few years ago i would 100% agree, but nowadays, while manual translation is still definitly better *aslong as translator actually you know, knows the language* AI translation really isn't far behind anymore.

Reactions: Rivalz906

m5kro

Feb 7, 2020
Unofficial Repack [1.03]:

PlatformPixeldrain MirrorGofile Mirror (1 week)
Windows
Linux
Mac/OSX x64 (intel)
Mac/OSX arm64 (apple silicon)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Other Repacks

Reactions: RottenCitizen

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
However, I do think that you're wrong about this particular game not needing a translation for now.
I never said this game didnt need a translation for now. Go read what i wrote again.

Succubus Trap Island had a broken MTL and barraged1 was dumb and sold the rights to his fan translation and got ghosted, so the game would never be picked for a manual translation again regardless, so good that it got a AI TL.

Eclipse Knight Saga, on another hand as i mentioned in the post you quoted from me, is currently being manual translated.
And like i said to the other guy who asked for a AI TL for that game, lets not ask for AI translations for games (ie: Eclipse Knight Saga) that currently have active translation efforts, unless you want to kill the will of the people who are still willing to do manual translations.

I hope having a comprehensible AI translation won't have a chilling effect on people with the skills to translate games like this
It does. When someone is manual translating big games and said games get slapped with MTLs and AI TLs, the willingness to keep working on it just goes away.:cry:

Did you understand this time around?

Last edited:

Potechi

May 14, 2019
now we only need a translation for Lilim Union and the minigames and every tsukinomizu game will have a translation.

NoodlzSoupz

Dec 18, 2023
what to do after the trap house stage 3 it gave a hint to go to the restrooms but I’m going in the and nothing is happening

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes