Solaine

Feb 19, 2019
When Marion threatens to slit Thomas' throat, Thomas still has all his fingers even though he is explicitly said both before and after this scene to be missing one.
Trash game 0/10.
legit commentary save for that last sentence

LazyDwarf

Nov 4, 2017
legit commentary save for that last sentence
Yeah, it actually did bother me a bit (but nowhere near enough to merit a 0 obviously). This was such an emotional moment in the story, and seeing such a minor error breaks your immersion a bit. I hope it is addressed, because it is an amazing scene otherwise.

Reactions: Hungover00

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Yeah, little continuity errors like that can knock a 10/10 scene down somewhere in the 6-8 range, depending on the context of the scene.

Nov 24, 2018
Perhaps I've reading too much into it. But it feels funny how in the "cover art" princess sarah is in front and mage and mercenary sarah are in back, which suggests that princess route is "default" route and others are what ifs. But when kate asks sarah to come with her "go with kate" is option that's higher than staying which suggest that "exile" paths are "true" paths. Or maybe that's just due to sleeping with Kate previously. Or I am thinking too much. lol

Reactions: tardford

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Perhaps I've reading too much into it. But it feels funny how in the "cover art" princess sarah is in front and mage and mercenary sarah are in back, which suggests that princess route is "default" route and others are what ifs. But when kate asks sarah to come with her "go with kate" is option that's higher than staying which suggest that "exile" paths are "true" paths. Or maybe that's just due to sleeping with Kate previously. Or I am thinking too much. lol
Since most of the content is behind the Kate/Exile path, it would be cool if her story was more convincing. Or it was timed closer to the siege/battle so the threat was less nebulous.

• Red Heart
Reactions: rageaholic

Dragonbite

Aug 27, 2017
One personal taste critique I have is that it seems Sarah defaults to submissive in 90% of the sexual relationships. It'd be cool if there were options for more equitable, or Sarah in control relationships. This seemed especially odd in the Rogue path, as in no time she let Alaric make ridiculously more money than he could all day, week, or month. And yet she doesn't demand a cut, and immediately lets him take control.

So far Samayra, Vargas, Lily, and ~Kate (maybe Jaeir?) seem like the only ones she doesn't have to immediately become a sex-crazed sub. Which seems off to me, with how much competence she shows in other aspects of her life. Haven't finished all paths; just my two cents on why some of them are unappealing (especially Alric, hate that guy).
Yeah, I'm sure other people have noticed Sarah tends to have a submissive streak too. Sometimes it felt a little off to me. I'm wondering if it's just a core aspect of her character or if we'll get to see her acting different/grow over time?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Hungover00

tardford

Feb 26, 2019
I like the exile arc. I don't like abandoning the Kingdom or Thomas however. Perhaps it would detract from the seriousness of the decision to leave with Kate but I think it would be sensible to make a branching path that exiles us after the horde has been defeated etc. Maybe if you refuse to marry anyone you get sent into exile or as some ambassador, which would be the same thing. But your probably a far better storyteller then me and there are so many paths already.

Oh also shouldnt Sam change her clothes? bit cold aint it.

Last edited:

slavegal

Apr 17, 2020
Yeah, I'm sure other people have noticed Sarah tends to have a submissive streak too. Sometimes it felt a little off to me. I'm wondering if it's just a core aspect of her character or if we'll get to see her acting different/grow over time?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is the better way to execute their game; Devs build up a premise(genesis) to contrast the submissive Rose----a fallen princess. They know what they are doing and choose the sub-focus to develop reasonable game mechanics: how a proud princess loses herself, well, in different ways (the contrast would be dim if Rose were dominant, after all, she's a royal figure). It would be ideal if a game offered double-sided choices. However, more options mean the work would increase exponentially for devs: like 2-4-16-32, soon the project will be out of their control and ... most likely fail in both directions and be abandoned. They have already been struggling with some paths even though they only take sub-path as their target.

4.50 star(s) 59 Votes