4.30 star(s) 57 Votes

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
my only disagreement is about the part about MC leaving his sword behind... historically people couldn;t just carry weapons within the city walls. maybe MC just doesn't want to have to explain himself whenever passing a patrol. perhaps guild recruits are allowed but MC didn't get the memo.
That's the problem though, it's not just in the city, the first time the MC actually get's to hold the sword, the first thing he does is walk over to the blacksmith in the village and get himself a sheath, but he doesn't wear it, not a single time.

And historically, people did walk around with their swords, you're not suppose to take them inside establishments such as taverns or the church. Only a few historical big cities in the medieval period actually prohibited you carrying a weapon, but even then it was usually prohibited by the length of your weapon, and mostly anything above a one-handed sword (so, two-handed swords) was illegal to carry within those specific cities, mainly a few big cities in England, a few in Italy and a if i'm not mistaken, two cities in late-medieval Germany. Other instances you were definitely free to carry swords inside cities except at night, and even in some countries, carrying a sword was actually encouraged AND enforced BY LAW, subject to even being fined if you weren't armed.

So if this was an intentional thing in the game, I'd imagine the devs would've included SOME dialogue in the presentation you had with the Knight's guild spokesperson that you were not allowed to carry your sword inside the city, but even that wouldn't really tell us why the MC doesn't or didn't carry his sword before they left Riverfell, which is why I was confused and I'm paranoid about, because the whole story is about the MC being this mystical swordbearer, but yeah... I'm not really trying to put historical-fingers in the game, I know the game isn't trying to be historically accurate, I was just pointing out the whole paranoia behind it being a very rare and important weapon in the story, even Luneria tells the MC not to leave his sword about, to carry it and be at it's side all the time.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I think the whole reason why the MC hasn't completely or fully understood the severity of the situation YET is because he hasn't been approached by the people that knows the situation as of yet, a mystical elf telling you about such a mystical side of the spectrum and a possible catastrophe unfolding suddenly after you reach the capital is something that seems like it hasn't down on him yet, but just as serious as we all know it to be, Ivar and the King hasn't made any moves yet, for now, the MC only thinks there's a possibility of a villainous vampire creature is about to attack the world and his whole training is part of the Knight's guild rite of passage to becoming a knight. I think things will change severely at the banquet, where the King, the Princess or even Ivar might approach the MC and start unfolding everything onto him and explaining what is about to take place.

I think Ivar is playing a very dangerous game by holding the MC in the dark and taking it's sweet ass time to fill him in with all the details he'll need to know before engaging in such a battle. Like, I don't understand why all the secrecy, even they know they're running out of time and there's no time to be wasted on frivolous things like having a brawl in the middle of town while he could've approached the MC any time and explained everything, like I know we need to extend the story a bit, but come on, even after Luneria presented herself to the MC and told him about the magic and the sword, how is the MC suppose to all of a sudden understand it, take in something he only thought existed in the books and fall in line without batting an eye or doubting the whole situation.

And for god sakes, every time the MC leaves his room without his sword, it makes me annoyed and paranoid that something will happen to the sword while the MC is fucking around without a care. Everyone tells the MC his sword is so important and yet, for a knight recruit, he doesn't walk around with a sword on his hip, everytime he leaves his room without it makes me think something is going to happen to it or it'll be stolen, I don't know if it's on purpose or just a small gap in detail or aesthetics, I don't know.
The thing is though, this isn't the first time Luneira had gotten in touch with MC.

As for the sword, well....I'm no expert, but I guess I can sort of understand reasonings why it wouldn't be plausible to have it with him at all times in the castle.
Castle would have strict protection measures with guards who check for weapons (especially when royalties are nearby, like the King and the Princess) and would often take the weapons away until audience with the said royalties were finished.
Also, having it with him at all times, especially when he's trying to relax at places he should feel more safe I'm guessing would feel cumbersome, I suppose.

That's not to say there's no danger of theft of the sword.
But, gotta find that right balance.
Given he knows what Luneira told him, from now on when he's outside the castle, I'm hoping he has it on his back with him.

As for me, I also found it kinda odd/weird, that Nevaeha just dumped the responsibility of training MC off to Astrid, like MC was a random courier package :HideThePain::KEK:.
I mean, isn't she supposed to already be in the know from Ivar that MC is the next Swordbearer?
Given that she's been with Ivar and even was close surveilling MC trying to keep him safe, I would have thought she would have taken training MC a bit more seriously when Ivar asked her to.

And yes, her pride got a bit hurt by almost losing to her enemy in that previous update (saying "I got rusty in this time of time of peace") but I thought training MC as best as possible would take precedence over her own training, even if she wasn't aware of the 1 month limit that Alaric, Vera, Ivar found out.

Last edited:

cartcurt

Feb 25, 2019
Great update. Story progressed a little more. People are introduced. Still waiting for Amaris's sister. MC is Humorous but has potential. Maybe not need to be doofus that much.
With this much girls, there should be harem route. Because mc also genuinly values these girls.
And yeah, leaving his sword this much is not normal but need to see from now on.

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Developer: Caramel Cowboy - - - - -
Modder: LaikDink
I've decided to make a small walkthrough mod here. This mod will highlight the choice which gives you points. I found this game really interesting and hope the game developer CaramelCowboy doesn't mind that I publish it. Hope you guys enjoy
Download: MEGA

P/s: Updated to v0.5
View attachment 1680480 View attachment 1680491 View attachment 1680493
Updated to v0.5

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Great update. Story progressed a little more. People are introduced. Still waiting for Amaris's sister. MC is Humorous but has potential. Maybe not need to be doofus that much.
With this much girls, there should be harem route. Because mc also genuinly values these girls.
And yeah, leaving his sword this much is not normal but need to see from now on.
Regarding the Harem route, read the Developer Notes in the OP.

Punto

Jun 18, 2020
Developer: Caramel Cowboy - - - - -
Modder: LaikDink
I've decided to make a small walkthrough mod here. This mod will highlight the choice which gives you points. I found this game really interesting and hope the game developer CaramelCowboy doesn't mind that I publish it. Hope you guys enjoy
Download: MEGA

P/s: Updated to v0.5
View attachment 1680480 View attachment 1680491 View attachment 1680493
Many thanks (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :love::love::love::love::love:

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Had a go at porting The Swordbearer v0.5 to Android with the walkthrough mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for history and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

Reactions: gaimariy
May 31, 2017
Had a go at porting The Swordbearer v0.5 to Android with the walkthrough mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for history and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: Pixeldrain
Thanks gonna give it a try

Reactions: Eonor

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
The Swordbearer [v0.7] Unofficial Android Port + LaikDink's WT Mod / Gallery Unlocker

- 775mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
ghost, why do you use such a small font ? I can barly read it with my glasses ! * :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
thanks for the update!
*Edit: Not really I have my better one reading it for me I can only write :rolleyes:

Last edited:

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
You'd think I'd learn by now to avoid getting invested in AVNs during their early development cycle, but it's an addiction I just can't seem to break. Anyways, very nicely done CaramelCowboy with setting up the rest of the first act with this update! I'll leave the rest of my thoughts behind a spoiler:

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes