4.30 star(s) 57 Votes

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Your game is great and unique!

And nothing is more annoying than the whole "We explain devs how to make money on patreon or whatever"-guys which just want more content and getting it faster in the end and best case everything should be tailored for their kinks exactly and of course the quality has to stay the same or get better at the same time.

I feel like you need to be thick-skinned to be an avn-dev to be able to ingore or even be friendly towards all the crybabys.

I way prefer devs makeing art with their own creativity compared to dev's who are working and considering themselves as a company with release-shedules and everything lacking creativity because its made for the mainstream.

Your game has great humor, renders and LI's and the backstory so far is very interresting. The MC is dorky which is fun, theres enough time left for an more serious aproach if the situation is nessecary and he will probably mature a lot in the coming month considering were not even at the beginning of his training.

There are a lot of unique and fun npcs in the game which i really like, the king is great for example and my absolute favorite Ivar is just hilarious. i was laughing tears at the "ILLEGAL STREEFIGHTS?" render lol.

The relations between the people are great too and i love the huge respect everyone (including the king) has towards MC's mother, its kinda unusual for AVN's that the parents reached greatness which leaves seemingly very big footsteps for the MC to fill. The relevation that MC's mother trained Ivar and talking about her was kinda his only serious moment in the whole game so far. I like that his mother's trainee will become his mentor and passing her skills and knowlege towards the mc like that.
Wanted to have a separate reply for this specifically because you read my mind about Ivar only being serious one time in the VN so far. Love that!

honestly, the more attention this VN gets (very very grateful), the more I realize I might not be able to continue with my dream of replying to each and every comment. Constructive criticism is always great when written well (like JJJ84s post) but with some posts it feels like I’m expected to please everyone which is why I always specify please don’t feel like you have to subscribe.
My skin is definitely getting thicker though so - character development:LOL:.

thanks again for such a supportive comment.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
thanks for the feedback! I hope it’s clear that I dont hate constructive criticism because I feel like I’m still and always learning. So it’s always nice to see what others think especially when it’s put across so well like this. I guess I’m too much of a weeb sometimes and just love throwing in silly humor even for badass characters because that’s what I loved in most anime - when you realize this goofy mf can take on an entire village. Granted, that shouldn’t be the way to write all the time, I definitely understand the humor needs to be balanced with the drama more now because the plot is out there.

So my intentions about Nevaeha making Astrid train mc are that Astrid is the only person from Nevaeha’s past who’s still with her so she’s one of the few people who know who she is (she has a story that will come up that you can be a part of) , which is why she trusts Astrid with such an important task. Remember that Ivar is the person to really bring out mcs strength while Nevaeha(now Astrid) is only tasked with making him somewhat decent before Ivar steps in so it’s very general training.

I also wanted to show Nevaeha training a lot because she’s a badass and it didn’t really show during her first fight. Which is why I wanted her to realize how far she’s fallen compared to what she was. I thought it wouldn’t make sense for her to almost lose to some infamous thug and then in the next fight, she’s slapping people left and right.
Hope my pov helped! As always, feel free to ask more if something isn’t clear.
No, thank you for replying to both comments!
Just to let you know, I still like parts of the update.

Such as that Amaris scene in the end, you did an excellent job of hyping him up as a main villain.

Something that I wanted to ask; will we be seeing some other pretty powerful vamps too besides Amaris?

In the humans side, we have (correct me if I'm wrong in any point):

- Alaric (who's a King now, but I'm guessing he was a great warrior back in the day and still has some skills)
- Ivar (trained by the former Swordbearer, who was MC's mom)
- Vera (skilled in archery, also likely to be one of the former company of King Alaric)
- 3 other special individuals (all former company of Alaric, whom only Vera kept in touch?)

Already there seems to be 6 veterans who are likely to be on Humans side.
Amaris is definitely peak in terms of vampire's power, but it does make me think "Does he have perhaps have loyal vampire captains who are not quite at his level, but still fairly close?"

Not gonna lie, might be pretty cool to see something like that.

So far we've only seen vamp foot soldiers, or lower ranked vamps, and when Amaris sees Alaric with other veterans, he does his evil smirk and responds by sending his captains to wreck havoc.

I love seeing characters being put through the wringer, struggling in the conflict, and powerful vamp Captains doing Amaris's bidding (so that he doesn't do everything himself) could be quite an interesting wrinkle, at least in my eyes.

Last edited:

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020

Such as that Amaris scene in the end, you did an excellent job of hyping him up as a main villain.

Something that I wanted to ask; will we be seeing some other pretty powerful vamps too besides Amaris?

- Alaric (who's a King now, but I'm guessing he was a great warrior back in the day and still has some skills)
- Vera (skilled in archery, also likely to be one of the former company of King Alaric)
- 3 other special individuals (all former company of Alaric, whom only Vera kept in touch?)

Amaris is definitely peak in terms of vampire's power, but it does make me think "Does he have perhaps have loyal vampire captains who are not quite at his level, but still fairly close?"

So far we've only seen vamp foot soldiers, or lower ranked vamps, and when Amaris sees Alaric with other veterans, he does his evil smirk and responds by sends his captains to wreck havoc.

I love seeing characters being put through the wringer, struggling in the conflict, and powerful vamp Captains doing Amaris's bidding (so that he doesn't do everything himself) could be quite an interesting wrinkle, at least in my eyes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Screenshot_2.png

Is that from the WT mod or naturally in the original?
I don't recall encountering this system before.

Either way I have a rough idea what they mean but have no idea what impact any particular choice has? Is it just flavor or does it set a variable?

edit:
Was just reading some of the comments about carrying a sword around.
I actually own swords and other various bladed and blunt weapons [guns too].
I prefer usually to carry any weapon, sheathed in it's scabbard/saya, in my hand unless I know I'll be walking for a considerable time or need free hands for something.

The closest parallel I can draw for the every-day person is that most people seem to carry their phone in their hand and only put it in a pocket if they know they'll need free hands for something.

For anyone familiar with guns, it's very similar to swords and short blades, you mostly carry your long-arm by hand whereas you'd have a pistol or short blade on your belt. Now if you know you'll be hiking some distance, or you're on a horse/motorcycle you'll wear your long-arm [or sword], often on your back [I find that more comfortable] and just like a rifle I'll wear a sword on my back with a back scabbard I can take off like you would a rifle.

That said, back in the day your back might not be available, you might be carrying a pack or a shield, in which case your hip is the next best place for it.
Look at a modern infantryman, they carry packs and thus can't really carry their rifle like that, so mostly they hold onto them by hand.

I personally wouldn't want to have to actually fight with a scabbard/saya on my hip either, it'd be annoying.

Now are there appropriate supporting assets for this in DAZ? no idea.

Also don't worry about why I might be carrying weapons, that's a whole other topic, no need to get side-tracked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Udayana

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Ok. So what?

You do realize that everything on the internet gets feedback, scores, etc. Look at Steam, GOG, Amazon, Rotten Tomatoes - to expect there to not be critique on nearly anything produced or sold online is... odd.
Think you're seeing things that aren't there......

My comment was only a personal remark about me as response to the post I replied to, not sure how you took that to me not being ok with people criticizing VN's.

Constructive criticism is most definitely a good thing and 99.9% of developers wants it. That being said, a lot of people complaining on this forum are NOT constructive but that's a topic for another time.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
About the carrying the sword around topic : idk man like I said in some other post here I really didn’t think that much about it because I knew I wasn’t going to introduce action scenes just yet but I guess I should’ve made him carry it around. This is a laid back mc that thought having a sword is ‘cool’ and I guess that was my justification of him not giving a shit. Up until now, no one is really expecting shit to go down but if you played ep5, you know that the mc now knows things are going to get real. I think I replied to most of the comments but if I missed something out, feel free to ping or dm me. I struggle browsing on my phone.

edit : your sword carrying points are valid. But if you think this breaks the illusion of medieval, just think of those bikinis that showed up in a previous episode:LOL:
One problem I've noticed with Daz assets as I try to develop a story: lots of swords available, but very few scabbards and even fewer that come on a sword belt. It's kind of hard to carry a sword around in your hand, but there are no scabbards available.
Contrary to some movies and lots of artwork, you couldn't just stick a meter long piece of sharpened steel in your belt.

Reactions: Udayana

dreamgoat

Oct 10, 2020
I enjoyed the latest update and always enjoyed visiting this world, everything is nicely done and very immersive for me. Loved the jokes and different options you can choose from jokes to getting angry or just cool with it options. I'm wondering if will choices have a deeper impact on the story or is just flavor. I'm glad things are moving ahead and it was nice the MC had a little action. Great job on the update Dev.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022

So far we've only seen vamp foot soldiers, or lower ranked vamps, and when Amaris sees Alaric with other veterans, he does his evil smirk and responds by sending his captains to wreck havoc.

I interpreted it different. I think "The Four" were the company of the former Swordbearer aka mc's mother and Alaric wasnt part of this group but fought battles on their side. Everyone is pointing out how important companionship for the destined swordbearer is so it seems like every swordbearer needs his version of "The Four"?

And i think Vera and Ivar were both part of the four? So it would have been:

Past / Nowadays

Swordbearer - MC's mom / MC

Archer - Vera / Lyra
Knight? - Ivar? /Aren
Assasin? - ? / Astrid?
Dunno - ? / Leliana?

But actually im not really sure if Ivar was a part of the four or a part of Alarics company .. im curious how it plays out in the future

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
The main issue I forsee with CaramelCowboy in the future is the pre-establishment of the three (3) main LIs: Lyra, Talitha, and Luneira. These three each fill a specific archetype that round out the main cast of romance-able characters. My best guess is the other LIs that are introduced - or have brief screen time - are solely there as side romances that fill sub-archetypes or are intended to add flavor to the overall story.

It's too early to say for certain if my assessment is correct. I've been wrong before so it could easily be the case that we'll end up with 6+ LIs all vying for our attention.
Well, CaramelCowboy stated just couple of posts above yours who the main LIs are (under spoilers tag), and there will be 5 main LIs which confirms at least 4 of them:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: xapican and Abhai

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
View attachment 2694228

Is that from the WT mod or naturally in the original?
I don't recall encountering this system before.

Either way I have a rough idea what they mean but have no idea what impact any particular choice has? Is it just flavor or does it set a variable?
Yeah, as a new feature I was kinda expecting a tutorial or help page that confirmed exactly what the parameters of those (and the heart). If they are variables, do the other 4 chapters have those variables?

Kingkela

Oct 5, 2020
This game as okay when it started... Now its FUCKED all over the place ... 5 different character .... no connection at all

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Now if you know you'll be hiking some distance, or you're on a horse/motorcycle you'll wear your long-arm [or sword], often on your back [I find that more comfortable] and just like a rifle I'll wear a sword on my back with a back scabbard I can take off like you would a rifle.
But you can't unsheathe a sword you carry on your back, particularly a two-handed sword, right? I ask because we often see that in movies.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
But you can't unsheathe a sword you carry on your back, particularly a two-handed sword, right? I ask because we often see that in movies.
Correct, it's basically impossible, even for someone like me with a long reach. On top of that a scabbard or saya isn't securely held in place on your shoulder or back, so if the sword and its sheath are correctly fitted [it should be a snug fit so it can't come loose while walking/riding] together then you'll have a hell of a time trying to unsheathe it anyway.
Also, you'll never get it back in.

As an example, my favorite sword is 76cm from the tip of the blade to the guard, ie: thats the length inside the saya.
From the palm of my hand to the crook of my shoulder is also 76cm, so it's physically impossible to pull that sword from my back all the way out of the saya while gripping the hilt correctly.

When practicing I unsheathe my weapon and set the scabbard/saya aside. As I said previously, having it flop about all over the place is cumbersome and annoying.

Thats why I say that you have to treat it like you would a rifle, you can sling it over your shoulder or back and do the reverse to use it again.

There are other movie-style things which either aren't ideal or in fact don't even work in real life.

Also, just to make it clear, I'm speaking from my own experience, I'm not some historical expert, so take my anecdotes with the appropriate grains of salt.

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes