TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
"It" is for things, if we're talking about people the term "They" is gender neutral.
"They" is also plural, so totally illogical to use for a single human being.

Topic pace, I actually find the pace pretty "fast". But of course I am the one working on it so I know how much it advances.
It is all about perspective! Think about us, your fans, as a couple of minions wanting to binge-watch your novel, hitting refresh all 5 minutes :D . Even if you would deliver ten times of contents every month, I would have played through it in one or two weeks and would have two more weeks to think "man, what is taking him so long?!" ;) .

But to be a little bit more serious: I think, many of the people asking about this game being "abandoned" are used to the usual patreon delivering calendar where you try to release every month in order to keep the patrons happy. They don't mind that much that they only deliver a little piece of new story. You on the other hand are delivering real chapters. In your current two chapters, there is more story than in other completed visual novels at all.

Glad we can await another chapter soon, by the way! Had some busy weeks so I was not so minion-esque for some weeks. But my vacation is coming up and I find myself refreshing more often here ;) .

shadeofnight

Mar 5, 2021
I subscribe to this thread, so I get updates when there is new posts.

I have been interested in this game for some time, and look forward to the next update :)

I do not feel the need to post much, because I do not have much to say at the moment other than "amazing game".

Lanceire

Mar 24, 2023
Why "paranormal" tag? I didn't seen anything paranormal in the game, did I missed something?

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
Why "paranormal" tag? I didn't seen anything paranormal in the game, did I missed something?
It is connected to the Clara-Verse and do you remember that there was a view back some years ago? Where a girl was hold in a dungeon? She seemd to have paranormal abilities and might be the mother of someone in the current game.
So the hints are very small, but I think there might be some telepath or something. Maybe like Woolverine, secret government experiments?

I only hope that the creator is able to deliver a solution to all the loose ends that are already there. Some games and movies pretend to have so many backstories going on, but fail to delivier a believable solution to them.

JustXThings

Game Developer
May 22, 2022
dying for more
Yeah, I totally fucked up with the planning this update. I saw an opportunity to advance the lore and back story of Paula and Rebeca and I didn't factor that having several story lines in the update, would snow ball in lots of information. Right now the story focuses on Paula vs Richard, Paula vs Rebeca, Paula vs Agnes, Agnes vs Rebeca and Agnes vs Richard. Which means that I need to write the events in a way that shows how all four characters evolve simultaneously and w/o knowing what is happening to each other. Additionally, since I like writing the events w/o a particular order in mind, I need to include references within events to other ones.

The bright side is that this update will be the biggest I have made. That means biggest than the 0.1.alpha that were around 1450 renders. I am well over 1200 renders now and still there is plenty to add. Fortunately the scope is already closed. All started events should be enough to finish this update.

But you will have to wait a bit longer on this one.

JustXThings

Game Developer
May 22, 2022
Will olivia appear in the new update?
No. Olivia remains on the backstage until the Irwin update, which will start in 0.4. Paula, Rebeca, Olivia and Irwin share a similar structure as the Paula, Rebeca, Agnes and Richard one in the sense that it is interleaved, hence we will have events focusing on their interactions. Olivia as a character though, is relatively unimportant until she takes the MC stage later on.

JustXThings

Game Developer
May 22, 2022
Dev update (2023-07)

Blah, blah, blah... tons of work, events progressing fine, etc. Let's skip the nonsense and talk roadmap.

Next update (part) should be out in weeks time (3-4) weeks. Version 0.3 will be released in a slightly different cycle than usual (alpha / final) because I am still working on some events, some event variations and other things that keep coming. Meaning ? It will release in different alpha parts. First alpha part will be the bigger one and will include most events that I consider closed from a narrative stand-point. With that as a base, I can keep including the rest of events and variations without anything feeling disjointed. That's the objective at least, let's see the results.

Version 0.3 won't be fully finished (final) until we clearly have a minimal set of events that explain Paula/Agnes/Richard/Rebeca story lines from both past / present perspective. I guess that I'll need three alphas for that. Second and third alpha will be much smaller in size and development time because most of events are already started and renders exist already. That's my bad for starting too many things at the same time.

Now let's flesh things out.

1. QoL changes.

1.0 Text shall be always the same color for all characters. Character names may have their own color.

1.1 No more bubbles. Think / Whisper / etc. will be handle as most other VN(s) do.

1.2 Opacity slider. It should help with the readability issues on screen basis. Just slide up / down to get less / more opacity.

op_slider.jpg

1.3 A draft version of the gallery. Pretty basic, and I'll keep enhancing it to allow a better user experience.
It shall:
1.3.a Include all events, blurred if unlocked.
1.3.b Some sliders to modify the characters stats and play the event differently.
1.3.c Specific check boxes for conditions (Rebeca [ kiss_oli = yes/no ]) (not in 0.3.alpha.1)
1.3.d Ability to carry decisions from the replay to a save (not in 0.3, if at all)

1.4 Marinette can be disabled. It pains me because I like her side story, but players should be able to skip on it if not interested.

1.5 Music & SFX. This one is tricky. I'll include several SFX to enhance the experience, things like "waves", "shower sounds", etc. that shall play on the background (very low volume though). Some events will include music, usually dark and gloomy since it will match the story bits. Mostly classical bits. NO music / SFX during sex. No pasta noises, no machine generated moans. As I player I don't like them, and it is difficult to ship something that I feels doesn't look "good". But as a dev I should keep in mind player's wishes, so this could change. I guess some people might like hentai noises, I literally mute the hell of that shit.

1.6 Compressed version. My dev build current hit 10GB (scenes only) game is closer to 11GB. Even if I changed from png(s) to webm(s) that spares "only" 2/3GB. So, I'll be including some sort of compressed version. I am thinking where to put everything though. Probably itch.io.

1.7 Post work. I am working on including some general post-work actions to the Daz renders. The only post-work I do is literally adding some text here and there, drawings of kids or the cat-PoV we had in Clara Bittersweet (green looking renders). I focus too much on delivering "feelings" to bother on post-working all my renders. That would be insane. Let's see how that plays out. It looked quite promising to be honest (original on the left, some high-pass filter on the right, notice sharpness in the lines).

lhs_post_work.png rhs_post_work.png

1.8 Act based story. This is a very rough draft in 0.3.alpha. Now a player shall be able to activate an "act based mode" that will "limit" the available events to those related to the current act. So, the event selection screen will show only events related to the current act. That should create a more "linear" story.

2. Content

Content wise we are going to see a bit more dynamism, as in chained screens. No animations in 0.3. First animations are reserved for Irwin and I want to check Blender for it. If things go well, they might expand somewhere else. But I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

Paula is going to receive its first full sex scene. Technically, Anton sex scene is the first one. But that was more about showing off to Mr. Smith or her slight feeling of disappointment. Next sex scene will be more fleshed out. A lot of other sexual stuff though. The Theater is about the feeling of shame, humiliation, feeling like a whore, turning into one, accepting yourself as one, or not, etc. not as much as sex itself.

A lot of content coming in 0.3. I mean it. I recently hit 4000, 10GB png, renders in my current build (scenes only). That will increase once my GPU finishes its nightly job. By the end of 0.3 I expect the amount of total scene renders to be twice as in 0.2.final. So, 0.3.final shall close to double the current content.

As it happened with previous version. I actually feel a bit bad when I made such a long time update w/o adding content to a character. So, for the one or two Olivia fans we are actually going to see how her week as a pleasure slave ended and a very small event with Rebeca to learn a bit more about her daemons. This render is in progress, there are actually not that many people around. It is Wednesday midnight in a medium size city after all and people work.

10.png

Cheers !

dervalle007

Jan 23, 2022
As it happened with previous version. I actually feel a bit bad when I made such a long time update w/o adding content to a character. So, for the one or two Olivia fans we are actually going to see how her week as a pleasure slave ended and a very small event with Rebeca to learn a bit more about her daemons. This render is in progress, there are actually not that many people around. It is Wednesday midnight in a medium size city after all and people work.
Best news of the week, I love the dynamic between the two :love:

• Angry
Reactions: ItsNotUs
4.70 star(s) 40 Votes