JustXThings

Game Developer
May 22, 2022
Our problem is assuming JustXThings is living someplace with a standard 24 hour cycle. Holy Moly, Extra-Terrestrial Life Confirmed!!!
My schedule is highly dependent on my kids. If they decide papa doesn't work on the game, or sleep for that matter, then papa doesn't do it.

I also didn't factor that the release process is hell long. I have to create a pipeline or something and just press a button and let the pipeline do its thing.
Nice, one of the few pervy games out there so glad this got updated. I had to start over, not sure if that was intentional, but I really didn't mind it was good to go back through everything.
Saves won't work. It's an issue with the groups / subgroups, new variables and what-not to make the experience more linear. It is also meant for players to make their own "story" if they want. Like sorting the events to give the focus to one / other character. That can be done in the story/act_events.rpy file. But it is just a feature, right now there is too few events to be worth playing with it.

Did you get the info in the alpha notice in the beginning and the "snow white"(and the seven dwarves) bit ?

Reactions: abgazil

JustXThings

Game Developer
May 22, 2022
I added it here. But I didn't know if you would want it promoted or not since it's Alpha and didn't know how close the final was as you can only get promoted every 2 weeks, but if you want on the front page and promoted just reply and I will report it and it will get added to the latest updates page.
I'd definitely like it promoted. But just if it updates the game links, etc.

Otherwise I'll make the "[REQ] update" somewhen today.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Did you get the info in the alpha notice in the beginning and the "snow white"(and the seven dwarves) bit ?
No... I mean I knew it was an alpha from the title in the compression post, but I didn't see anything in game mentioning it... and I didn't see anything that'd seem related to Snow White, it opens on Paula in class.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I'd definitely like it promoted. But just if it updates the game links, etc.

Otherwise I'll make the "[REQ] update" somewhen today.
There is no change log. I'll add it once update myself, no worries.
You don't have to do the "req" update if you don't want to since you have thread ownership, you can just add one link to whatever file host you want, then use report, then game update, then in the text box just say updated game on MEGA v1.xxx, and whatever other details you might want, uploader will do the rest etc.

I was just going to send it to Bob69, and he would update the thread with all the links I posted, make more mirrors, and promote it.

I was just trying to make it easier, so you didn't have to do anything, since it seems like your one busy person ;)

Last edited:

JustXThings

Game Developer
May 22, 2022
No... I mean I knew it was an alpha from the title in the compression post, but I didn't see anything in game mentioning it... and I didn't see anything that'd seem related to Snow White, it opens on Paula in class.
That's not good. It means the whole persistent thing it is not working as intended. Did you get the gallery unlocked at least ?

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
That's not good. It means the whole persistent thing it is not working as intended. Did you get the gallery unlocked at least ?
Scenes in the gallery are unlocked, I only clicked on a couple to check they play when you asked, didn't really poke about with changing the bar variables and stuff to see how it went.

After you said that about persistent things I deleted the save folders (weird this game is called Divergence in the appdata renpy one)... and then the Snow White thing did play... so maybe it's something to do with having played previously, or maybe I just somehow missed it the first time firing up the new update as you don't tend to expect things before the menu.

JustXThings

Game Developer
May 22, 2022
Scenes in the gallery are unlocked, I only clicked on a couple to check they play when you asked, didn't really poke about with changing the bar variables and stuff to see how it went.

After you said that about persistent things I deleted the save folders (weird this game is called Divergence in the appdata renpy one)... and then the Snow White thing did play... so maybe it's something to do with having played previously, or maybe I just somehow missed it the first time firing up the new update as you don't tend to expect things before the menu.
Thx for the trouble shooting. Yeah, definitely it has to do something with Ren'Py flow process since it is new code and should always play.

Anyway, I moved the intro from before the menu to after the start so that it avoids those kind of issues. I tried the rest and it should be working. The variables work but are pretty basic as many events depend on the stats of more than one character, like events involving Agnes & Rebeca. But so far only one stat can be changed, so the replay function is a bit crippled. But it's a work in progress, so far so good.

Reactions: Priappus

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
It's out... .
Yeah! I put my money where my mouth was at last :D . Too bad this won't motivate you to drop your every day job and dedicate your time completely to your fine game ;) . But very honourable of you to still offer it for free.
Thanks for making me/us happy!

By the way: Why can I not find the game through entering "justxthings" in the itch.io search bar?

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
Just some bug reporting, will be edited with each finding:
- Beca speaks as Agnes when she comes from work after the first Olivia-scene (Beca telling Olivia not to visit her). "Well... work wasn't that bad..."

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The Theater of Sinners [v0.3 ALPHA 1] [JustXThings]

NOTE: Here is a an un-offical compressed (was asked for smaller so)....

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- -

Mac:

- -

EDIT: I'm making a slight tweak, will be back up momentarily ;)

Last edited:

TinFoilHat19

Dec 17, 2020
Thx for the trouble shooting. Yeah, definitely it has to do something with Ren'Py flow process since it is new code and should always play.

Anyway, I moved the intro from before the menu to after the start so that it avoids those kind of issues. I tried the rest and it should be working. The variables work but are pretty basic as many events depend on the stats of more than one character, like events involving Agnes & Rebeca. But so far only one stat can be changed, so the replay function is a bit crippled. But it's a work in progress, so far so good.
Is this game have any animations or sex scenes yet?

It looks interesting

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
You don't have to do the "req" update if you don't want to since you have thread ownership, you can just add one link to whatever file host you want, then use report, then game update, then in the text box just say updated game on MEGA v1.xxx, and whatever other details you might want, uploader will do the rest etc.

I was just going to send it to Bob69, and he would update the thread with all the links I posted, make more mirrors, and promote it.

I was just trying to make it easier, so you didn't have to do anything, since it seems like your one busy person ;)
JustXThings What SonsOLiberty said. Its always better to just use the report function, you don't even need to edit the thread yourself. Just report the OP with Game update and say the new update is freely available on Itch.

Babar37

Aug 1, 2022
Thx Dev for this game i never write comment but your game is my favorite with another one .

4.70 star(s) 40 Votes