AnonRat

Nov 28, 2018
Because you aren't running the game in Japanese locale or the folder you place it in is not using English ASCII characters.
I tried the Locale Emulator, it doesn't start and freezes my computer.
I tried deleting the "【English】" part of the name of the folder and running with LE, it doesn't start and freezes my computer.
I try retyping the name of the folder and THEN running with LE, it says "the parameter is incorrect" and doesn't start, but doesn't freeze my computer this time. Trying again caused the game to crash without a message

This is the only time an RPG Maker game, even a Japanese one, has given me this much trouble, and there hasn't been a game that Locale Emulator hasn't been able to run just fine.

Last edited:

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
I tried the Locale Emulator, it doesn't start and freezes my computer.
I tried deleting the "【English】" part of the name of the folder and running with LE, it doesn't start and freezes my computer.
I try retyping the name of the folder and THEN running with LE, it says "the parameter is incorrect" and doesn't start, but doesn't freeze my computer this time. Trying again caused the game to crash without a message

This is the only time an RPG Maker game, even a Japanese one, has given me this much trouble, and there hasn't been a game that Locale Emulator hasn't been able to run just fine.
Did you extract the game from the downloaded archive using a Japanese locale? You can't use LE for that part, but you can set Winrar to use a Japanese environment (I think the hotkey combo is alt+e, but I don't exactly remember).

AnonRat

Nov 28, 2018
Did you extract the game from the downloaded archive using a Japanese locale? You can't use LE for that part, but you can set Winrar to use a Japanese environment (I think the hotkey combo is alt+e, but I don't exactly remember).
That wasn't the hotkey combo, and researching it didn't seem to show that that's even a feature. I downloaded the Japanese version of Winrar and tried extracting it with and without Locale Emulator, neither worked.

Though I found out that the other japanese RPGM VX Ace game I downloaded, Orc of Vengence, wouldn't run anymore if I tried running Three Charms in Japanese previously, and only fixes itself after restarting my computer.

I think I'll give up on trying to play this, I've played it on an older computer before anyways, so I guess there's no point in playing it again. Thanks for trying to help.

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
That wasn't the hotkey combo, and researching it didn't seem to show that that's even a feature. I downloaded the Japanese version of Winrar and tried extracting it with and without Locale Emulator, neither worked.

Though I found out that the other japanese RPGM VX Ace game I downloaded, Orc of Vengence, wouldn't run anymore if I tried running Three Charms in Japanese previously, and only fixes itself after restarting my computer.

I think I'll give up on trying to play this, I've played it on an older computer before anyways, so I guess there's no point in playing it again. Thanks for trying to help.
My mistake. The hotkey combo is ctrl+e. You don't need to download the Japanese version: the English version comes bundled with the ability to switch locales. Just click on the Winrar window and press ctrl+e, then select "Japanese Shift" (code 932). I have that set as my default for winrar, since I use 7zip for normal extraction.

AnonRat

Nov 28, 2018
My mistake. The hotkey combo is ctrl+e. You don't need to download the Japanese version: the English version comes bundled with the ability to switch locales. Just click on the Winrar window and press ctrl+e, then select "Japanese Shift" (code 932). I have that set as my default for winrar, since I use 7zip for normal extraction.
Okay, initially that didn't work.

However, after deleting another program I had (that hadn't done anything strange before now), I was able to get the game to run normally without LE. But using LE with it made my computer freeze.

So it sort of worked. The only problem is the blocks in text.

Last edited:

AnonRat

Nov 28, 2018
I changed the computer's system locale to Japan and the blocks are fixed. Not sure why it doesn't work with Locale Emulator or if it'll still work if I change back to US locale.

Foo-fuu

Oct 20, 2019
Is there a MTL anywhere for the game?

Last edited:

slix1297

Apr 27, 2018
lol guys easy solution for virus error thingy: these kind of games need GAME FOLDER NAME TO NOT INCLUDE SPECIAL CHARACTERS lol so extract it and name it "fucking game" it will work xd

May 13, 2020
Seconded this. I could use some advice for running from the kitsune as well.
hello! I was really afraid of the fight after reading these comments, so I'm not sure if we're talking about the same enemy. If you mean the bride fox: here's some tips

I ended up only using 10 HP Vitality medicines, so stock on those. turn 1 IMMEDIATELY bind her arms, and try to stall. there's like, 3 distances? I guess is the best way to explain it. 1 is when she's close and your heart is beating, avoid being here, 2 is in the middle, and at 3 running will force you into restrain with her

the goal is to keep her arms sealed and make sure to use all items / resting here, don't run into the restrain when she's gonna break the arm seal because 1 touch in restrain is basically death. Sit at the farthest range you can, and make sure you're at max HP and very high willpower, and ideally her arm bind is kinda fresh and not close to being broken from. Outside of arms and in restraint, all she can do is drain willpower.

again I really hope this is the enemy you mean and not some boss I haven't gotten to yet :x

4.10 star(s) 14 Votes