Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
Seriously...the artwork is nice....but the combat is absolutely horrible...
You can't even beat the first boss...
Cheat, just cheat...
this is clearly a game where if you don't like to grind you have to cheat, to enjoy the story and not the gameplay

AnonJohn

Dec 1, 2017
Never fucking do another Akaname chase again, Minwa. Fucking infuriating.

Last edited:

yabeki

Mar 23, 2019
Cheat, just cheat...
this is clearly a game where if you don't like to grind you have to cheat, to enjoy the story and not the gameplay
Grind? What grind are you talking about? There's no levelups or anything, just money to buy consumables that you barely need. Yes, you will need some vitality medicine for the bossfights (I agree, that felt really cheap when I found out about it, maybe because I'm the kind of person that will hold on to their consumables even when down to 10 hp in the final bossfight because I'm sure I'll need them more later on somehow) but even then you can make do with really little.

Going from my own playthrough, I always healed up back to full after getting restrained. Happens 3 times per boss, but since the third escape wins the fight it's 2 healing sessions per boss. 4 bosses makes 8 healing sessions, I'm pretty sure I always had 60+ vitality left, but let's make the numbers worse and say I always got down to 40, that makes 480 vitality to heal. The basic 10-vitality medicine is 20 yen, so that's 960 yen for the 48 vitality medicine to clear the entire game, if you're unlucky. Just from escaping the fights I got into while playing normally and buying only the 10-vitality medicine, I finished the game with 83 unused ones. So even if you need to use more medicine per bossfight, or if you get restrained by normal enemies sometimes and need to use medicine on them, or if you're better at avoiding the fights than I am, grinding isn't gonna help much.

The most important thing is strategy. It's exactly as the npc's keep saying. There are two things you need to keep in mind.
Thing one: Every youkai has one scary body part that you need to keep sealed 24/7. Figure out what body part that is for each youkai and the fights become a million times easier. I don't want to spoil too much, but for example the junior foxes
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The first boss is different,

Finding out the one most dangerous part and keeping that and only that sealed is the key. Sealing more parts doesn't only make it easier for youkai to use their anger attacks, which do like 2 or 3 turns of willpower damage in one, but it also wastes your willpower because of how expensive seals are to cast, and finally

And thing two, which I kinda mentioned in thing one: You have to manage your willpower. You have to maintain it. The greedier you play, the faster your willpower will spiral away. If you have 100 or more, you'll recover fully by resting. 50 or more will still give you a good amount, so in some situations you might accept going below 100, but below 50 you're really not getting anything anymore, so you should avoid getting that low at all costs.

My personal strategy is to seal the dangerous part first turn, then keep escaping until I have 130 or less willpower and rest then. Keep repeating the cycle of escaping until you're below 130 and resting, and re-seal dangerous parts when the seals come off. And very importantly, rest the turn before you see you're going to escape the battle, so you can freely start your next one with almost-full willpower. If the youkai either chases you one stage or hits you with a strong willpower drain, don't rush. Make sure that you don't do your final escape when you have less than 160 willpower left, or you'll regret it by the next fight. As long as you rest often, you don't need willpower items.

Oh, and one final tip, don't panic if youkai get close to you. They need to get a lot closer than it might look before they can restrain you. Even if the heartbeat effect starts playing, they still need to chase you for like 2 steps before the heartbeat effect speeds up, and they'll still need to chase you after that before you enter the restrained stage. Of course, that only matters for the youkai that don't start the fight in the restrained stage, but these are pretty rare and not that hard to avoid completely on the map.

Personally, I like my monster girls to be regular girls with animal ears or flowery bits and such. This game's monster girls are a little too grotesque for my tastes, so the art and H-scenes didn't really do it for me, but I liked this game a lot because I think the gameplay is pretty interesting. You just need to have the right strategy ready.

If you ever plan to try this game again, and for anyone else who just read through all this, good luck!

F4S1

Aug 29, 2019
Grind? What grind are you talking about? There's no levelups or anything, just money to buy consumables that you barely need. Yes, you will need some vitality medicine for the bossfights (I agree, that felt really cheap when I found out about it, maybe because I'm the kind of person that will hold on to their consumables even when down to 10 hp in the final bossfight because I'm sure I'll need them more later on somehow) but even then you can make do with really little.

Going from my own playthrough, I always healed up back to full after getting restrained. Happens 3 times per boss, but since the third escape wins the fight it's 2 healing sessions per boss. 4 bosses makes 8 healing sessions, I'm pretty sure I always had 60+ vitality left, but let's make the numbers worse and say I always got down to 40, that makes 480 vitality to heal. The basic 10-vitality medicine is 20 yen, so that's 960 yen for the 48 vitality medicine to clear the entire game, if you're unlucky. Just from escaping the fights I got into while playing normally and buying only the 10-vitality medicine, I finished the game with 83 unused ones. So even if you need to use more medicine per bossfight, or if you get restrained by normal enemies sometimes and need to use medicine on them, or if you're better at avoiding the fights than I am, grinding isn't gonna help much.

The most important thing is strategy. It's exactly as the npc's keep saying. There are two things you need to keep in mind.
Thing one: Every youkai has one scary body part that you need to keep sealed 24/7. Figure out what body part that is for each youkai and the fights become a million times easier. I don't want to spoil too much, but for example the junior foxes
The first boss is different,

Finding out the one most dangerous part and keeping that and only that sealed is the key. Sealing more parts doesn't only make it easier for youkai to use their anger attacks, which do like 2 or 3 turns of willpower damage in one, but it also wastes your willpower because of how expensive seals are to cast, and finally

And thing two, which I kinda mentioned in thing one: You have to manage your willpower. You have to maintain it. The greedier you play, the faster your willpower will spiral away. If you have 100 or more, you'll recover fully by resting. 50 or more will still give you a good amount, so in some situations you might accept going below 100, but below 50 you're really not getting anything anymore, so you should avoid getting that low at all costs.

My personal strategy is to seal the dangerous part first turn, then keep escaping until I have 130 or less willpower and rest then. Keep repeating the cycle of escaping until you're below 130 and resting, and re-seal dangerous parts when the seals come off. And very importantly, rest the turn before you see you're going to escape the battle, so you can freely start your next one with almost-full willpower. If the youkai either chases you one stage or hits you with a strong willpower drain, don't rush. Make sure that you don't do your final escape when you have less than 160 willpower left, or you'll regret it by the next fight. As long as you rest often, you don't need willpower items.

Oh, and one final tip, don't panic if youkai get close to you. They need to get a lot closer than it might look before they can restrain you. Even if the heartbeat effect starts playing, they still need to chase you for like 2 steps before the heartbeat effect speeds up, and they'll still need to chase you after that before you enter the restrained stage. Of course, that only matters for the youkai that don't start the fight in the restrained stage, but these are pretty rare and not that hard to avoid completely on the map.

Personally, I like my monster girls to be regular girls with animal ears or flowery bits and such. This game's monster girls are a little too grotesque for my tastes, so the art and H-scenes didn't really do it for me, but I liked this game a lot because I think the gameplay is pretty interesting. You just need to have the right strategy ready.

If you ever plan to try this game again, and for anyone else who just read through all this, good luck!
just looking... for all of this... aren't you tired of describing all this to some guy?

Mar 14, 2022
This game is really infuriating seriously What's with that Akanake !? is unfair design without no cheat Even if i use cheat. Once you caught by that monstrosity with Huge tongue You have no chance of your turn, using cheat made the MC's will and Vitality to 9999 it took forever to escape from that shit ! Man iam just here to enjoy some Hentai games and the story of it, But DAMN its like the developer made this game uninteresting and stressful as posible its been 4 hour of playing escaping from so called "monster girls" and i haven't fapped to it not a Once !

• Wow
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

13azh

Jul 27, 2018
This game is really infuriating seriously What's with that Akanake !? is unfair design without no cheat Even if i use cheat. Once you caught by that monstrosity with Huge tongue You have no chance of your turn, using cheat made the MC's will and Vitality to 9999 it took forever to escape from that shit ! Man iam just here to enjoy some Hentai games and the story of it, But DAMN its like the developer made this game uninteresting and stressful as posible its been 4 hour of playing escaping from so called "monster girls" and i haven't fapped to it not a Once !
You need to bind arms so akanake can't stunlock you. Then when she licks her lips you bind her tongue to stun her and get free turns.

Cinnokr

Aug 4, 2020
Terrible combat mechanics; imagine dev standing behind your back sying; " if you dont play as i intended and what i say you will make one mistake which basically leads to instant death" had the same feeling playing shrift but it wasnt this bad... Its not challanging rpg its play with walkthrough or get fuked. The story is nice the main character is dumb (as always) and looks too girlish with a face of a toddler - unappealing design but what did i expect from jap game. Luka FTW. Ok frustration out... going back need to beat that shitty bosses.

RikiRules

Dec 2, 2020
Anyone have any tips for the chase sequence in the village? The first part isn't that bad but then you get to the part with the weird maze and i swear it's nearly impossible

RRS

Jan 31, 2020
Is anyone ever tried speedrun this game ? My time is 1H25min.
L think game is hard for new player, but after some play time u can learn map and trick as well
P/s : Don't use cheat, game already has item to decrease difficulty (u can have it in his note)

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Well, seems like a few people around found the game a bit harder. This first game in the series was a fair bit more difficult, more so on the Overworld gameplay, but honestly, it's not that bad. You do need to go in it without the fixed RPG mindset, since that is a general reason to have issues with the game.
Either way, I also made a Review on the whole game series (with Full Saves and Information for each one of them), so if this helps people enjoy the game more, all the better. Link here:

I do wholly recommend the game, the H-scenes in it are very hot honestly. Maybe because of the Artstyle as well. Would be a shame to drop the game from a bit of early misunderstanding in mechanics. It is an unique type of gameplay, in the end.

4.10 star(s) 14 Votes