Complete The Three Charms R - The Twelve Monster Girls of Mahoroba

Jul 16, 2017
Anon doing the translation of The Three Charms R here. I recommend this decrypter I posted in the link below, it's very simple to use. Just dump the exe in the game folder, run it, and extract all files, then put all the extracted files from the new "Extract" folder it makes back into the game folder and rename the Game.rgss3a file to "Game.rgss3a.backup" or something.

Like I said in the thread if anyone has any constructive feedback that'd be appreciated. I'm not really getting any particular feedback in the vg thread so it's hard to say if that's a good or bad sign, at the very least I want to do the game justice because I really love the series. If you spot any major untranslated lines (e.g. not stuff like ・・・っ。), it'd be helpful if you could let me know the line just before or just after so I can find it.

Also don't forget that if you activate the setting that you've already cleared the first game, you're going to run into a lot of untranslated lines because I haven't done those yet. For efficiency's sake, the plan is to clear those once I've done the first sweep of the game.

Aug 22, 2018
Anon doing the translation of The Three Charms R here. I recommend this decrypter I posted in the link below, it's very simple to use. Just dump the exe in the game folder, run it, and extract all files, then put all the extracted files from the new "Extract" folder it makes back into the game folder and rename the Game.rgss3a file to "Game.rgss3a.backup" or something.

Like I said in the thread if anyone has any constructive feedback that'd be appreciated. I'm not really getting any particular feedback in the vg thread so it's hard to say if that's a good or bad sign, at the very least I want to do the game justice because I really love the series. If you spot any major untranslated lines (e.g. not stuff like ・・・っ。), it'd be helpful if you could let me know the line just before or just after so I can find it.

Also don't forget that if you activate the setting that you've already cleared the first game, you're going to run into a lot of untranslated lines because I haven't done those yet. For efficiency's sake, the plan is to clear those once I've done the first sweep of the game.
Thanks for the response. I'm currently re-playing through the translated parts for this purpose - I had to fix something in WINE in order to make Japanese text show up properly in Windows games. I'll probably DM you a list of things I find, if any of the things I mentioned turn out to not just be "Haah... Fuu..." with Japanese punctuation.

Jul 16, 2017
Here's the link to the file. Note the link expires in 21 days so keep that in mind for anyone trying to download it after 26th February. It's a temporary link because I'll probably have a new update in that time or shortly after that time and it'll keep things cleaner if there aren't tons of active links all over the place with different partial versions.

Reactions: ShadesAtNight
Aug 22, 2018
You should be able to find the file in an archive somewhere, just go through the /mggg/ threads until you find it
There's only one archived /mggg/ thread right now, and it's the one before that that had the link in it. Page 5 of this thread had a direct link but it's 404'ing now.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018
Why was the thread deleted?
Just age, I think. When a thread on 4chan gets too long, it starts not getting pushed to the front page anymore - then eventually it gets archived for a few days for any last-minute viewings and link-downloads, after which it just gets deleted. The Monster Girl Games General thread is one of the threads that gets replaced every few days.

EDIT TO NOT DOUBLE POST: I managed to salvage the download link for the version in that thread.

EDIT AGAIN: I literally didn't see it, but the translator posted the same link 3 posts above here.

Last edited:

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
Just age, I think. When a thread on 4chan gets too long, it starts not getting pushed to the front page anymore - then eventually it gets archived for a few days for any last-minute viewings and link-downloads, after which it just gets deleted. The Monster Girl Games General thread is one of the threads that gets replaced every few days.

EDIT TO NOT DOUBLE POST: I managed to salvage the download link for the version in that thread.
not all heros wear capes

main thread edited with the like to the translation

Aug 22, 2018
not all heros wear capes

main thread edited with the like to the translation
Of note, it's not abandoned - just "pre-release". That file is from a week ago, the translator's still working on it. Also, the translator himself posted the same link 3 posts before I did, but I didn't see that.

Jul 16, 2017
Translator here, can confirm I'm still working on it. Tsukumo and her various adventures are done and I'm currently going through Shiraha's domain. Can't guarantee speed, but I try to get through at least one scene or large area a day, more if I'm feeling motivated and I've got the time.

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
Of note, it's not abandoned - just "pre-release". That file is from a week ago, the translator's still working on it. Also, the translator himself posted the same link 3 posts before I did, but I didn't see that.
oh didn't see that either ....

Translator here, can confirm I'm still working on it. Tsukumo and her various adventures are done and I'm currently going through Shiraha's domain. Can't guarantee speed, but I try to get through at least one scene or large area a day, more if I'm feeling motivated and I've got the time.
good to know :) thanks you for working on it

jason12315

Aug 31, 2020
How is the translation coming along? I have heard that not many people want to translate this game because it uses a formal dialect that is difficult to interpret.

Jul 16, 2017
How is the translation coming along? I have heard that not many people want to translate this game because it uses a formal dialect that is difficult to interpret.
That's interesting to know, I haven't found the dialogue overly formal with the exception of Yamachichi who talks like a samurai, though a few characters do have particular ways of talking that I tried to (hopefully successfully) capture in the translation a little bit. Ironically some of the hardest things to translate have been what should be the simplest on paper, which is the various onomatapoea, particularly in h-scenes. Some of it's so obscure it doesn't bring up any results on a Japanese Google search, and others are used in such a way that the piece of dialogue doesn't translate nicely into English so it has to be localised to an extent.

jason12315

Aug 31, 2020
That's interesting to know, I haven't found the dialogue overly formal with the exception of Yamachichi who talks like a samurai, though a few characters do have particular ways of talking that I tried to (hopefully successfully) capture in the translation a little bit. Ironically some of the hardest things to translate have been what should be the simplest on paper, which is the various onomatapoea, particularly in h-scenes. Some of it's so obscure it doesn't bring up any results on a Japanese Google search, and others are used in such a way that the piece of dialogue doesn't translate nicely into English so it has to be localised to an extent.
Oh, that's good. As long as the translation somewhat retains the original meaning, I am fine. By the way, are you the same person that did the translation for Milking Farm?

Jul 16, 2017
No that was someone else. I don't think I'd ever touch a Dieselmine game, I've heard from a technical perspective that they're a nightmare to translate.