Complete The Three Charms R - The Twelve Monster Girls of Mahoroba

Scrauser

Aug 21, 2018
just wanted to say thanks for the translation contingency40,are you planning to translate also the 3° game released?

Jul 16, 2017
just wanted to say thanks for the translation contingency40,are you planning to translate also the 3° game released?
You mean the third Charms game? I've had a look and there's a lot of text in images in that game. Unfortunately, I have very little image editing skill, and zero artistic sense so I'm probably not the best person to translate that game. I'd have to have someone do all of the images for me. If I were to translate another game after this, I might look at 人外の夢 (Non-human dream or whatever its translated title is) since that game appeals to me personally and I'm pretty sure no one's working on it.

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
You mean the third Charms game? I've had a look and there's a lot of text in images in that game. Unfortunately, I have very little image editing skill, and zero artistic sense so I'm probably not the best person to translate that game.
are you talking about I'm told someones already working on that one

Jul 16, 2017
are you talking about I'm told someones already working on that one
Yeah, that one. I've heard the same thing about someone translating it, but I've yet to find anything concrete. It's great news if it's true, though. That'd mean (hopefully) both games translated within the year.

Jan 8, 2019
i dont got the file with the translation, but i got a question. I use the translator++, i dont touch the "scripts" file, but after the scene with master and the foxes it give me an error. ¿ it's possible to just translate the menus with translate++?. (sorry for my english)

Jul 16, 2017
Hi all,

I've just finished the next pre-release, taking us up to just after Shiraha's area.

If you're continuing from an existing save, please note that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As usual, if people can let me know of any typos I missed that'd be handy. I'm also quite interested to know whether some of the battle action lines are too long e.g. "Hakunen does this", "Enemy unleashes that...", etc as I can't test it without spending a whole bunch of extra time. Any other constructive criticism/feedback also welcome.

Last edited:

KingBagel

Oct 4, 2017
Does anyone have any tips for the ladder area where Hakunen has to save the boy from getting raped, Im at my wits end here.

Jul 16, 2017
The latest translation will have a hint on what to do if you're stuck. It's not entirely obvious though so I'll put a spoiler in to help as I think the concept of a "ladder lottery" might not exist in the West. I've never heard of it until now at least.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hopefully that helps.

• Love
Reactions: KingBagel
Aug 22, 2018
When is the full translation expected to be completed?
The running joke with questions like that, every time you ask it gets delayed by a week :p

On a more realistic note, contingency40 is at this point slightly under 3/4 of the way there, I think? What's left to do is the final area, postgame, and the dialog changes for "I've played this game before".

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017
When is the full translation expected to be completed?
Hard to say, like NamesAreForTheWeak said, in theory I should be about 3/4 of the way there, with just clean-up and the "cleared the last game" setting to do once I've done all the main story. But there's a shit-ton of dialogue sitting in a bunch of files that haven't appeared in the game so far. I don't know if that's all side stories or extra content post-game to discover since I translate as I play, but that could end up taking a while.

I don't plan on doing any more pre-releases, the next thing I put up should be the final version barring typo fixes, style changes, or other problems that might crop up post-release. As for a release date, all I can really say is "a while". I'm also one of the translators working on SHRIFT so I split my time between this and that as it helps keep things fresh and stops me from getting burned out just working on a single project.

Reactions: PoeTato

Kratmann

Aug 3, 2020
The running joke with questions like that, every time you ask it gets delayed by a week :p

On a more realistic note, contingency40 is at this point slightly under 3/4 of the way there, I think? What's left to do is the final area, postgame, and the dialog changes for "I've played this game before".
Wait this game is Undertale now?

Aug 22, 2018
Wait this game is Undertale now?
I kind of misspoke, the option actually refers to the previous game in the series - if you say that you've played the original Three Charms before, Three Charms R will make references to the events from that game more often. Otherwise, it hides those references for the most part.

Kratmann

Aug 3, 2020
I can't get past the fox flames, at the second area I get stuck because a line of statues blocks my way. What do please?