VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Trinity [v0.1] [AnonymousStudios]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

BadBear

Feb 22, 2020
Could it be possible to lower the text position a tiny bit (in the next update) ? Granted I resized my text to 30, but even at default (45) it's on top the rifle. Unless this was intended of course, then I haven't said a thing. :p

BadBear

Feb 22, 2020
I played through the current content now, and I must say I am impressed! Very curious on what happens next. :D

Though I did notice a few inconsistencies, minor things, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trinity Group, please don't shoot me. :censored:

Reactions: m0us3r

AnonymousStudios

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2020
I played through the current content now, and I must say I am impressed! Very curious on what happens next. :D

Though I did notice a few inconsistencies, minor things, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.

Trinity Group, please don't shoot me. :censored:
Appreciate the feedback, we'll be working on having fewer inconsistencies in Chapter 1. Glad you enjoyed!

Aug 17, 2019
Could it be possible to lower the text position a tiny bit (in the next update) ? Granted I resized my text to 30, but even at default (45) it's on top the rifle. Unless this was intended of course, then I haven't said a thing. :p
you can also edit the textbox opacity to your liking from preferences in real time. I personally use 50%.

BadBear

Feb 22, 2020
you can also edit the textbox opacity to your liking from preferences in real time. I personally use 50%.
That's very true. I was more referring in that particular post to the text position on the screen.
I resized my 'Dialogue text size' from default (45) to 30 as I found it too large on my screen. And as you can see, there is a huge empty space there. And as you progress through the VN, some short sentences might get a little lost as all dialogue start at that same position. No biggie, just more preference than anything else.

Aug 17, 2019
That's very true. I was more referring in that particular post to the text position on the screen.
I resized my 'Dialogue text size' from default (45) to 30 as I found it too large on my screen. And as you can see, there is a huge empty space there. And as you progress through the VN, some short sentences might get a little lost as all dialogue start at that same position. No biggie, just more preference than anything else.
I can align the text to start at the center... hmm.. Let's see how it looks.

LiptonDI

Feb 4, 2020
Seems promising, and the renders from the preview pictures are high quality. Tracking and waiting for it to have a bit more content before trying it out however.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
The game premise is interesting, and it has only the prologue, so it's too early to seriously evaluate, but...

1. The main female model and her sex scene don't seem to be very appealing (see the pic).
(Is that a Genesis 3 model?.. Not mentioning another game with Keanu Reeves as a male character.)

No buildup, no teasing or anything... Even the model doesn't seem to be the woman he trained with... (which would at least give few more attraction points, probably)...

2. The inconsistencies (like mentioning the waiter episode in the "separate entry") means sloppy programming.

3. The story isn't quite realistic: the guy only says "I will buy lots and lots of guns", and immediately leaves..? Is that how you think business meetings go?

So the quality of the development doesn't promise much.

Last edited:

AnonymousStudios

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2020
The game premise is interesting, and it has only the prologue, so it's too early to seriously evaluate, but...

1. The main female model and her sex scene don't seem to be very appealing (see the pic).
(Is that a Genesis 3 model?.. Not mentioning another game with Keanu Reeves as a male character.)

No buildup, no teasing or anything... Even the model doesn't seem to be the woman he trained with... (which would at least give few more attraction points, probably)...

2. The inconsistencies (like mentioning the waiter episode in the "separate entry") means sloppy programming.

3. The story isn't quite realistic: the guy only says "I will buy lots and lots of guns", and immediately leaves..? Is that how you think business meetings go?

1. That wasn't the model's fault, more me doing post work that I wasn't too experienced with, will be better in Chapter 1.

2. Yes, the programming is a bit sloppy as this is our first time in the community with this being our very first game. Mistakes are a given.

3. It was all that was needed to get the premise of the story across, we could've gone fully in-depth which would be them going to get the guns but as I was just starting render-wise and my GPU would've taken too long to render the scenes with the GPU I had at the time.

Sorry you don't see much promise but I do hope you play Chapter 1! - Winged

Reactions: Chris91ck

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
3. It was all that was needed to get the premise of the story across, we could've gone fully in-depth which would be them going to get the guns but as I was just starting render-wise and my GPU would've taken too long to render the scenes with the GPU I had at the time.
I meant, the dialog wasn't quite compelling. Like you just put there just something to denote "OK, they met", but didn't bother to make it sound realistic. I think it can be corrected by just adding a detail or two in that dialog, like "Could you get me 300 M-16A, and lots of ammo?" - "Yeah, that would take a month and it would cost you 3 million. Is that alright? If you need it faster, just add extra 300 thousand and we'll see what could be done..." - "No I guess I like your proposition..."

Do something like that and the scene would look OK. Or, even more realistically, he would say that M-16 would be expensive, and offer some AK-103 instead...

Sorry you don't see much promise but I do hope you play Chapter 1! - Winged
I just wished you would try to raise a bit the level of quality. I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh.

I want to see the next version and I wish you very much luck.

AnonymousStudios

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2020
I meant, the dialog wasn't quite compelling. Like you just put there just something to denote "OK, they met", but didn't bother to make it sound realistic. I think it can be corrected by just adding a detail or two in that dialog, like "Could you get me 300 M-16A, and lots of ammo?" - "Yeah, that would take a month and it would cost you 3 million. Is that alright? If you need it faster, just add extra 300 thousand and we'll see what could be done..." - "No I guess I like your proposition..."

Do something like that and the scene would look OK. Or, even more realistically, he would say that M-16 would be expensive, and offer some AK-103 instead...

I just wished you would try to raise a bit the level of quality. I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh.

I want to see the next version and I wish you very much luck.
Yea, first part is understandable. I'm attempting to raise quality as i'm the artist learning as I go along. It won't be super good quality anytime soon but I hope to get progressively better.

Aug 17, 2019

That "Guns. Lots of Guns". Line was a nod to Matrix/John Wick 2 btw.

Reactions: James boond07

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020

Buildup? Teasing? What are you talking? She is his wife. We haven't seen how they got married or their courtship. We started story after the marriage happened some years ago. We have some of their flashback. And I think that's enough for her to get into MC's bed with the "timeskip". And dev already know some of fans won't like the game in which Li is available ready-made right from first chapter itself. But, Some games has to start with "already made" relations. All games can't be virgin haremlands that takes ages of blue balling to get one handjob scene. I'm glad that wife is available for action right from prologue.

There are very very very very rare games in which Wife is portrayed as a main Li in a vanilla way other than "using her" as a reason to plan NTR/sharing/swinging route. Some of games did this in optional way and some of them in unavoidable way. But, we can count on fingers in which the game contain complete vanilla path without even optional route. And even if i say tons of thanks to the dev for creating wife as main Li without any chance of optional cuck stuff, it would be less.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Buildup? Teasing? What are you talking? She is his wife. We haven't seen how they got married or their courtship. We started story after the marriage happened some years ago. We have some of their flashback. And I think that's enough for her to get into MC's bed with the "timeskip". And dev already know some of fans won't like the game in which Li is available ready-made right from first chapter itself. But, Some games has to start with "already made" relations. All games can't be virgin haremlands that takes ages of blue balling to get one handjob scene. I'm glad that wife is available for action right from prologue.
What I mean is that an unremarkable sex scene is not interesting, at least for me as a player. The experience would greatly benefit from being prepared by appropriate interactions before the sex itself. For instance, in games like "My Sweet Neighbors" sex animations aren't much better, but they become more engrossing and hence enjoyable.

Maybe some players prefer just scenes of sex, without foreplay etc., but then why play VNs? Ain't it better to just go to some CornHub? :oops:

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
What I mean is that an unremarkable sex scene is not interesting, at least for me as a player. The experience would greatly benefit from being prepared by appropriate interactions before the sex itself. For instance, in games like "My Sweet Neighbors" sex animations aren't much better, but they become more engrossing and hence enjoyable.

Maybe some players prefer just scenes of sex, without foreplay etc., but then why play VNs? Ain't it better to just go to some CornHub? :oops:
I'm confused.. You are saying that sex scene is only of short length of direct fucking and without foreplay? Then yeah, I too agree with you. Husband & Wife secx scenes should contain enough foreplay too before getting into fucking.

I thought you are complaining that wife sex scene happened too soon. And I wondered why the hell you are thinking it is too soon (given that they are already husband and wife and it's the not first time they are fucking, they would have already fucked tons of time prior the game's time period).

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
I'm confused.. You are saying that sex scene is only of short length of direct fucking and without foreplay? Then yeah, I too agree with you. Husband & Wife secx scenes should contain enough foreplay too before getting into fucking.

I thought you are complaining that wife sex scene happened too soon. And I wondered why the hell you are thinking it is too soon (given that they are already husband and wife and it's the not first time they are fucking, they would have already fucked tons of time prior the game's time period).
Yes, I meant the point of view of player's experience. A story can be told in different ways: some presentations wouldn't have an emotional impact, some other would be very dramatic. So in masterful writing every element works together - building the end result in synergy. Or you can tell seemingly the same story, but it would be not impressive. That sex scene seemed to me not impressive... (Though I was puzzled: was that the same woman that he trained with? It didn't seem so... Then what happened in the gap between their training - and that next scene, with his wife?.. I hope we would learn that soon... :p)

AnonymousStudios

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2020
Instead of messing around with position of dialogue myself. I just added some bars in the preferences screen with which you can position the dialogue and name wherever you want in real time. Look at the image. Might change this to buttons/input instead of bars though. DG0011 here.
n&d positioning.png

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes