Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
hey quick question about performance in this game, how long do you wait till black transitions between places end? it takes me like 3 or 4 seconds and it is really annoying. I'm aware that it might be my pc, but i have to ask anyways
It could be your PC, not necessarily hardware related but software related, it could be an issue relating to how well Unity works with your machine in general.

Honestly, 3-4 seconds isn't worth worrying about.
Whilst the world and characters may be rendered real-time by your machine, the good thing is the game plays in a more visual novel style as opposed to a real-time interactive game.

Reactions: alario13

alario13

May 6, 2017
It could be your PC, not necessarily hardware related but software related, it could be an issue relating to how well Unity works with your machine in general.

Honestly, 3-4 seconds isn't worth worrying about.
Whilst the world and characters may be rendered real-time by your machine, the good thing is the game plays in a more visual novel style as opposed to a real-time interactive game.
Thank you. I made a mistake there, 3-4 seconds its the minimum amount of time I have to wait. It goes up to 8-9 seconds (i.e. from school to house). And yes, i wanted to know if there were any visual novel related transitions. Thanks again

crashload

Jul 8, 2018
I read trough the forum and saw that incest is not anymore in the game is there a mod that changes that patch or something

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
I read trough the forum and saw that incest is not anymore in the game is there a mod that changes that patch or something
There was never incest in the game, Janice has always been the MCs adopted mother and Julia the adopted sister.
no one, except for the aunt and Janice, have ever been blood related

and no, there is no patch to change them.

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
So much content but only 1.3 GB?? :O
Thats what caught my attention too, as the last version's pack had almost double the size, but it seems that its now all GPU rendering no pre rendered stuff anymore, which saves alot of space, but demands even more from the GPU. (which i couldnt care less about with my GTX 1080 ;) )

still nice to see how devs not only add content and hopefully fix bugs, but attempt to improve at other places too, much appreciated!

DumDumDougan

Jun 9, 2018
Sorry if I don't spend time reading a thousand pages...

I'm playing version 33 Final, and following the attached guide.

So, basically I should go to step #336, but I can't do it because every time I follow Rachel to get the undressing scene, a different scene occurs (she's on the bed in underwear). Thus I can't get caught and follow whatever happens next on the guide.
This other scene always played, even at guide step #267. I never managed to see the undressing scene.
Another anomaly with Rachel is that I never managed to catch her in front of the protagonist's house talking to Janice, which is step #237.

I don't know if #237 is what caused her storyline to bug.
Is there something I can do to fix this? Some magic with the variables in the saves?
Or should I start a new game from zero and try again (an maybe keep some backup saves this time)?

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017

So, basically I should go to step #336, but I can't do it because every time I follow Rachel to get the undressing scene, a different scene occurs (she's on the bed in underwear). Thus I can't get caught and follow whatever happens next on the guide.
This other scene always played, even at guide step #267. I never managed to see the undressing scene.
Another anomaly with Rachel is that I never managed to catch her in front of the protagonist's house talking to Janice, which is step #237.

Is there something I can do to fix this? Some magic with the variables in the saves?
Or should I start a new game from zero and try again (an maybe keep some backup saves this time)?
Since you're at the beginning of 0.21 try saves for "completes 0.20"
Link is in my signature.

DumDumDougan

Jun 9, 2018
Since you're at the beginning of 0.21 try saves for "completes 0.20"
Link is in my signature.
I have just done that.
I started from a finished state for 0.19 and progressed all the way to where I was stuck.
Same problem occurred with the wrong scene happening.

Feb 12, 2018
Julia-Janice path and interaction is seriously underdeveloped in my opinion. I mean, there is so much unrealized potential there at home..
What's wrong about Julia? Well at one point Julia is super jealous, but few days after she act like nothing ever happened. She is by far the most boring character in the game to a point that if removed completely, you almost instantly forget about her existence. Julia who?

What else is there? Ah yes, so Kendra is a dom, but somehow submits to a slave (receptionist)? This is ...unusual.
Kelly also seems to be forgotten since 0.17 (apart from that scene in the dungeon), maybe Kendra-Kelly interaction in the next updates..

"Nah, that's too big..." - So, Emma. At home. Purple outfit. -> postponed scene, Mr.dev, pls update.

There's something off about Kira.

To the dev: No more new characters please. focus on current ones, until there's nothing to add anymore. I'd hate this game end like all others when we got "Lots of new characters, they all generic, rushed, with almost no personality ..", "the dev is getting bored with the project and working parallel on the new one", "...rushed ending, abandoning the project".. "new dev takes over, fucks it up".. game forgotten. disappointment.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
I have just done that.
I started from a finished state for 0.19 and progressed all the way to where I was stuck.
Same problem occurred with the wrong scene happening.
I loaded up the save for complete 0.20 and the same thing you experienced happened.
so my guess is that, the scene was changed and that is exactly what should be happening, since it still results in being caught by Billy.

and a quick note: what you came across is actually a new thing, at least I haven't seen anyone reporting this.

DumDumDougan

Jun 9, 2018
I loaded up the save for complete 0.20 and the same thing you experienced happened.
so my guess is that, the scene was changed and that is exactly what should be happening, since it still results in being caught by Billy.

and a quick note: what you came across is actually a new thing, at least I haven't seen anyone reporting this.
you don't get caught. not really. And Billy has nothing to say at school the next day.
I think it's a bug because you can get that scene the very first/second time you go in Billy's house, and it's pretty hardcore compared to the beginning of her storyline.

kira0328

Apr 21, 2019
Hey Everyone

Just though I'd let you all know that I'm currently replaying the game in accordance to the walkthrough, as in to the letter of the walkthrough and as I'm doing so I am creating saves as I go along for each part/version of the walkthrough

Now I can't give a schedule of when I'll be adding new saves, just know that they will be coming, hopefully I'll be able to finish before 0.32 gets released.

But to start you off, so far I've completed up to 0.33, and will be starting 0.34 when it is released. my plan is to update the saves a few at a time and in order, so please no requests to skip ahead, they will come when they come.

To add these saves just follow these instructions

Save location (PC)
"C:\Users\
<user name>\AppData\LocalLow\KsTgames\The Twist"
or

press "win+R" on the keyboard and type - %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\KsTgames\The Twist
Win key is normally located next to the left "ctrl" key with the symbol of the windows flag

How to Unhide the App Folder in Windows 10 to Access the save Files
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-twist-v0-33-final-kst.1282/page-994#post-1938518

Save location (MAC)
USERS > your name > (Shift + CMD + .) > Library > Application Support > unity.KsTgames.The Twist
PLEASE NOTE: As I'm a PC user, I have no idea if these will work on the Mac version of the game.

HINT: If you are a getting black screen, with just the ladies, after clicking "Load", it might indicate an incompatibility issues with the saves, a fix I find sometimes works is to delete the save folder completely, start a new game and and make a new save, afterwards you can copy the saves below to the newly created save folder.

Note: As well as doing this, I am also reporting any bugs with the game or issues with the walkthrough I come across to the relevant parties, which I hope will result in a number of fixes in the next version of the game and walkthrough

Grab the most up to date Walkthrough here

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/07/362182_The_Twist_Walkthrough_0.33_Final.txt

Grab the most up to date Walkthrough here with what you can skip
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/07/362183_The_Twist_Walkthrough_0.33_FinalWith_Skip.txt

I would also like if possible, if people would link to this post and maybe add the link to the OP

Currently other than the version number you should see this on the load screen

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can using 7-zip to extract them -

useful links
where im going to extract them ?

theGlassAlice

Sep 8, 2018

I also have this bug

Torins

May 2, 2017
so, this bug has been posted a few times, but I've yet to find a solution. in 33 final, when i go to the shady guy for a copy of the key step 637 in the walk-through, i stand there left with no options but to exit the game.

3.40 star(s) 156 Votes