conqueror

Feb 17, 2018
Honestly, we should make a deal with KST.

Like, no updates for a year. And then remake the whole The Twist with the engine of the new game.

It would be bad for the players here who followed The Twist for a long time. But it would bring A LOT of players to KST.

And if my understanding is correct, development would be MUCH EASIER on the second engine/platform.

You would have better graphics, more content (easier to add content).

It's the best for KST and for you guys on the LONG RUN.

It's like the difference between 10$ every 2months or 100$ after a year then 30$ a month.
He is already working on his next game (link to forum thread is few post above) so it doesn't make sense to remake Twist. He already stated that main story of Twist is completed (we know who Jason's mother is) and now he is just making additional scenes so he has something to publish while preparing his new game for the first real release.

Reactions: CptRexx

sskcod

Aug 6, 2017
What engine, and why would it be any easier than what he's most familiar with?[
It was said when "the twist2" came out the first time.

The first two Dragon Age games were on an engine that was an iterative improvement of Bioware's proprietary Aurora engine. They had to switch to Frostbite for Inquisition, and it caused lots of problems for development, because their teams working with it had zero experience with Frostbite. Teams. Not one person developing a game, but teams of people working with the same engine.
I'm pretty sure KST is one person. Not a full time team.
It's really a small production.

And The Twist is poorly designed. We have no idea of what's behind the scene and it looks bad from here.

The new game came with better tech, from the start, and all the experiences gathered from the making of the first one. Look at the games and compare. One started with the advanced features of the old one.
In fact, even with the same technology, a fresh start would do marvels.

And I often joke about KST informations on updates. He was at 70% and now, after days and days, it's at 90%.

Just remake the game with the new technology, the dialogues are already there. Just do the animations, scripting etc...

Less people being able to play it, longer to make content and no, no easier to add content than it currently is for him.
Why less people being able to play it?
I think the level of optimization could go up, not down.

And we disagree on the level of ease to add content. I strongly believe it's easier to add content on the new game. Even if the new game engine is less familiar than the old one. I have reasons to think that there was an upgrade.

:FacePalm:
Hey, if it's as easy as you seem to think it is, go and show KST how it's done. I'm sure you'll have a top notch, graphically beautiful game that's perfectly optimised, with five times the content in half the time it's taken him to get this far.
I don't know what you are talking about, friend. But nah, it's not my place.

I think that The Twist stayed alive way too long for financial reasons. Not because of technology or anything.

It had good ideas, started badly and it was kept going to make money.

This could be an example of a game failing to evolve because it received too much money.

Management is all about risk taking. You control that. if you take no risks, you are not managing.

The right thing to do, is fix the bad start and lack of planning and move to a new platform/game engine.

The content can be kept (story, dialogues etc...)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Just remake the game with the new technology, the dialogues are already there. Just do the animations, scripting etc...
Not sure what you mean by "new technology" but the problem isn't the engine. Not sure if he finally was able to switch fully to Unity or still use the broken framework Fungus for his new game.

I highly doubt that his new game will perform better. It may run better now but just wait until more scenes are added and the same unoptimzed code is used.

His graphics don't require that much power. Even on my shitty low-budget laptop with an Intel HD4600 on-board would be sufficient to play The Twist on low-resolution.

The problem is not the "technology" - the problem is his code.

sskcod

Aug 6, 2017
Not sure what you mean by "new technology" but the problem isn't the engine. Not sure if he finally was able to switch fully to Unity or still use the broken framework Fungus for his new game.

I highly doubt that his new game will perform better. It may run better now but just wait until more scenes are added and the same unoptimzed code is used.

His graphics don't require that much power. Even on my shitty low-budget laptop with an Intel HD4600 on-board would be sufficient to play The Twist on low-resolution.

The problem is not the "technology" - the problem is his code.
I'm not an expert to tell you if it's the engine, code or script, or whatever...

But I tried both games. And it looks like the second game is much different than the other. Is it Unity Fungus? Or another version of the same code? Or whatever... But it's not the same.

The Twist is like the first car you tried to make. It have 4 wheels and an engine. Sure. But you did all the mistakes possible on it.

Starting anew could give better results. And you already know from the first project that it should have 4 wheels, an engine, doors, some trunk to move stuff around and seat belts.

Just that with the second project, you will leave room in the hull to move the cables to control the power windows.

The resources are limited (KST time isn't unlimited). I say, let's focus these resources on the most promising and high potential project.

And once the characters are there, once the game engine is there, once the dialogue is already available, the scenes are already set... Just remake the old game. A remastered The Twist.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
I'm not an expert to tell you if it's the engine, code or script, or whatever...
Apparently you are, given how you say that all it needs is to be remade in a new engine... Which his second project isn't.
It's still Unity, we just currently don't know if he's still utilising Fungus.

But I tried both games. And it looks like the second game is much different than the other. Is it Unity Fungus? Or another version of the same code? Or whatever... But it's not the same.
You're forgetting (possibly on purpose) that cold_arctus already pointed out that if the new game is made in the same manner - the same mistakes that cause the problems with running this game, which is nothing to do with how a game looks, that it'll suffer the same as this game does.

On the subject of how a game looks, visuals and visual aesthetics are not tied to the mechanics "under the hood".
Specifically, the models look mostly the same, and the textures just look they're higher res than ones in The Twist. That's the only real discernable difference that can be seen by looking at them.

The Twist is like the first car you tried to make. It have 4 wheels and an engine. Sure. But you did all the mistakes possible on it.

Starting anew could give better results. And you already know from the first project that it should have 4 wheels, an engine, doors, some trunk to move stuff around and seat belts.

Just that with the second project, you will leave room in the hull to move the cables to control the power windows.
That's all nice in theory, but if you're just making the same mistakes all over again because you either didn't learn from, or didn't care to learn from them then that second car winds up, at best as bad as the first.

Also, cars don't have hulls... You can't even get your analogies right. :FacePalm:

The resources are limited (KST time isn't unlimited). I say, let's focus these resources on the most promising and high potential project.
"We" can't focus anything, on anything, in regards to the new game or this one, or your desired "remaster" (which would wind up being as bad performance wise, if he repeats the same mistakes).
Only KST can, and no amount of focus will make up for repeating history.

You've been talking a lot of nonsense, throwing around terms you don't even understand well enough as though you understand game design. I don't know as much as cold_arctus does, but I know enough that I can call out the things you've been saying for what they are. Rubbish.

And once the characters are there, once the game engine is there, once the dialogue is already available, the scenes are already set... Just remake the old game. A remastered The Twist.
Given that the new game is still Unity based, and I wouldn't doubt using Fungus in the same way as with The Twist (because easier that way), the only hopeful thing for the new game, and any future games, is that he's learned what not to do this time.

sskcod

Aug 6, 2017
Apparently you are, given how you say that all it needs is to be remade in a new engine... Which his second project isn't.
It's still Unity, we just currently don't know if he's still utilising Fungus.
Well, if it's the same engine, same mistakes... What's the point of that new game? Just another story?

And it's hard to fathom how these two games could be the same. As an example, the new game got tons of customization options from the start, and in The Twist we just have a few. And they are bugged. Like tans, tattoos etc...

If it's the same tech in both games, then The second game got the benefit of better planning. Advanced features are here from the start, while the first one got them partially at the end and with technical problems.

Anyway, If it's the case, if it's just more of the same, then it's really disappointing.

sskcod

Aug 6, 2017
Read the walkthrough. It's all in it, you know.
Apparently, Billy & Janice are alone for a scene. They meet at the beach to play.

So, I suppose there is more on Billy.

I was surprised tho. Either it was a minor release with little to no new content. Or I'm completely wrong when it comes to my evaluation of how popular Billy's content can be.

I saw so many people asking for more content for Billy on the discord, so many suggestions etc... That I was sure that KST would do a major Billy update. But the Kira scene was added. Didn't see anybody ask for more of Kira tho. Maybe one person in the Twist 2 thread talking of a lack of interest for milfs and a strong interest in your girls like the step sister and Kira etc...

So, I don't know. I really don't know.

banlu

Sep 13, 2017
excuse me, which one am i supposed to get
0.43 final
or
0.43b final (i'm not sure if this 1 is after or before the actual 0.43)
thank you

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
excuse me, which one am i supposed to get
0.43 final
or
0.43b final (i'm not sure if this 1 is after or before the actual 0.43)
thank you
0.43B Final is the latest version
but make sure to also check out the bug post about it.

sskcod

Aug 6, 2017
Forgot to mention
Don't forget the crack!!!
Finally, you finally learned your lesson!

Tell them what to do before they get stuck, they are not going to read or search the forum for solutions!

Good to see that someone is actually learning from past mistakes here.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Finally, you finally learned your lesson!
:FacePalm:
He didn't have any lesson to learn. He hasn't made a mistake that he has to learn from, by helping people.
People too lazy to read the obvious signature he's got, when he appears more frequently throughout this thread than most however...

Tell them what to do before they get stuck, they are not going to read or search the forum for solutions!
He shouldn't have to pander to lazy fuckwits who are too obstinate to read the information in the OP, let alone take five minutes out of their time here to learn a few basic things about using the tools provided.

Good to see that someone is actually learning from past mistakes here.
Unlike some others...

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Snugglepuff... I was joking... Come on...
That looks more like a joke than what you wrote, and only by virtue of using ellipses (...).

When writing in text, you need to make it obvious that you're making a joke, typically with smileys. I'm sure you've seen people using them in your time here.

sskcod

Aug 6, 2017
That looks more like a joke than what you wrote, and only by virtue of using ellipses (...).

When writing in text, you need to make it obvious that you're making a joke, typically with smileys. I'm sure you've seen people using them in your time here.
I never use smileys. I hate the concept. Those yellow faces make me angry.

And I have friends using TONS of smileys. Like words. They communicate with smileys... And I don't have much respect for them because of that.

And we all know Anon doing crazy amounts of work to help lost souls on this very thread. And they refuse to learn, they keep asking the same questions, not reading his signature with all the answers etc...

Anyway, I found it funny to see Anon start warning them from the start with a "You will probably need that. Take some advice." Evolution, baby. It's happening in front of us.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
I never use smileys. I hate the concept. Those yellow faces make me angry.
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:...

That's a "you" problem, that you should get over.
Maybe then the intent of a "joke" post can be gauged from its composition, since text doesn't convey tone without some sort of indicator of the intended tone.

Alternatively, you can write "j/k" or "jk", or italicise the text, since that can aid in conveying tonal intent in text.

Reactions: Omniel

sskcod

Aug 6, 2017
Nah, that's a you problem.

You don't get to attack people because you don't agree with them. Take your happy pills for christ sake.

Reactions: HadazzH
3.40 star(s) 160 Votes