Acornus

Dec 5, 2017
Is the game even finished or functional? It claims 7 years of development, but I don't see how?

I never tried it before this release, but not even a couple of rounds in and I hit several soft-locks early on, not to mention, depending on what events you trigger in which order, you can end up not getting the Energy bonuses early on (they trigger, but the game will NOT register the new energy levels), stopping you from triggering the later events that require more then simply 5 or 15 energy only (character will complain they are tired when full energy).

So you end cycling and looping through the same events, trying to "break" the game to the next events with that person, with the same dialogue as if they met you for the first time, is this how it's supposed to be?

LostOne84

Mar 19, 2019
Well yep, this game is a mess...the concept is nice, the camera thing is rare and refreshing and all...
but it has tons of bugs, soft-locks, the in game WT is almost useless, you need to play it carefully and without cheating is quite hard to advance the story (not to mention the useless grinding etc). I'm a software programmer but not a game developer so I won't judge the programming itself here. I'm just surprised it took 7 years. It's a shame, it could have been a top game but it seems just another milking attempt to me. Anyway I'll give it a last try to see the "completed" game from the start.

Reactions: Samken

SGrimmer

Aug 12, 2016
Glad to see this finished, it ran its course and was deeply flawed despite me liking it a lot. If they fully focus on Seaside Mystery now then that game could be great.

reilynn

Jan 16, 2018
I see some scenes still say "That's all for this game version" like there's going to be more. Even though it's final.

There's a incest path? But it's not linked on the main page?...guess I'll go find it. Story wise it's telling me she's my adopted mother. But there's an incest patch that makes it biological? or just for the ending? I jsut download the 1.52 version.

Edit: This still work in 1.0-0.52?
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-twist-v1-0-0-52-1-cracked-kst.1282/post-4170024

Last edited:
Reactions: Saxafran

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
I see some scenes still say "That's all for this game version" like there's going to be more. Even though it's final.
One of the things KST never bothered to change/update later.

]Story wise it's telling me she's my adopted mother. But there's an incest patch that makes it biological? or just for the ending? I jsut download the 1.52 version.
The incest patch makes Janice Jason's biological mother (which doesn't make sense), and also makes it possible for Billy to fuck his own mother too.

yunmaster

Aug 29, 2017
See John off, Jason and Janice do SEX in her room, right?
Then Julia should come into the room, but she's not coming in.
Is there anything I missed?

lemonpopo0219

Apr 16, 2021
0.52 was always going to be the end. We've known for a while, and that information has been in the thread too.
It had already been changed to being 1.0/0.52.1 by KST on Patreon, before the thread title was changed and the COMPLETED prefix added to the title.

All of that, before you posted your question...

There's more evidence of your having mental impairment(s) in a single post, than there is of any indicator of any degree of my intelligence.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, only people being stupid when asking a question.

Both attached, and hopefully you get your issues with mega sorted soon.
Thank you dude!Love you!Mua~:love::love:

Reactions: Snugglepuff
Jan 3, 2021
For anybody asking about incest, you need this patch:

It not only changes the dialogue when you get the DNA test, but also adds 2 new secret NTR (skippable) scenes, One during the Mom Swap,One when you visit Billy’s house.
IMPORTANT PART 1: Incest patch MUST be installed before starting a new game
IMPORTANT PART 2: Incest patch DOES NOT kick in until you receive the DNA test during the 0.40 quest

To add the patch, you need to place it in the save folder:
“C:\Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\KsTgames\The Twist”

Jake Wesley

Mar 20, 2019
If there's a serious enough issue reported another release might happen to fix it, but no new content.
Hey just want to ask if theres a way to hack the game so Jason can go sx with Kelly or Kendra in different scene or having the ladies wear their swimsuit or lingerie while having sx with him ?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Hey just want to ask if theres a way to hack the game so Jason can go sx with Kelly or Kendra in different scene or having the ladies wear their swimsuit or lingerie while having sx with him ?
That would be a mod/mods and I've no idea if it's possible... Or if it's even worth the work required.

Balanda

Jul 6, 2018
Congrats on completing this game. I love that it's kinda unique in its kind with the full 3d renders and camera capabilities. Love to have seen some quality of life updates like a button that transports you from school right into the living room instead of standing in front of the house or faster screen transitions but I'm just glad I can finish this. Also mayor thanks for creating the walkthrough, I wouldn't be able to figure much of the content out without it. Good luck on the next game.

Hentaiman87

Apr 7, 2019
Finally is done, I quite enjoyed it when I started to play it back in 2018. I had an old Sony Vaio laptop with a defective battery and old hardware, quite slow to load the scenes and the shit died on me while I was paying due to the high temperatures. Hopefully someday somebody will optimize the game to reduce the load times and many other issues that makes the game unplayable without a walkthrough.

Reactions: VODDKKA

jimbobdon

Oct 12, 2018
Switching scenes was so painfully slow I decided to investigate a bit... besides the being painfully slow at loading scenes (nothing much I can do about that without a lot of work) every time you switch scenes the game does a bunch of calls to wait and to fade the screen. Note that no scene loading is done during this time, the CPU is essentially idle for 1.5-3s every time you switch locations...

I modified the cheat mod to test this and it seems to be true, I basically patched the FadeScreen and Wait functions to be instant.
Here is a comparison video:
View attachment 2243566

Note that this is experimental and might break some stuff. "Wait" is used during many scenes, and I am unsure if they were necessary during scene changes for some reason. Still, I would appreciate some input about how the mod works. Especially if you find any game breaking bugs that I should fix before I release this properly.
Using it is the same as any command in the cheat mod: Just toggle the new commands (F9->Commands->Advanced->InstantWait/InstantFade).
where you do put this ?

3.40 star(s) 160 Votes