• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

Fan Art The Tyrant Fan Art Thread

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
yaggiland
A friendly suggestion for improving your renders: turn off camera light before rendering.
As of the scene lighting: the classic is a good starting point.

Not a bad start otherwise by the looks of it. (y)

Reactions: yaggiland

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Sorry, I thought that it's the camera light that looks so hard on your renders. Must be some other very bright spotlight from somewhere behind the camera then. I'm just guessing by the main direction of the darkest shadows. I don't know much about the DAZ, mostly just what I've read here in this section of the forum and what I know about the basics of photography.

Maybe you could try to re-arrange those lights using the three-point lighting method and turn the brightness of the lights down generally? Rendering darker scenes will take more time but the results should be better. It's what other people here have been suggesting to beginners.

yaggiland

Mar 15, 2021
Sorry, I thought that it's the camera light that looks so hard on your renders. Must be some other very bright spotlight from somewhere behind the camera then. I'm just guessing by the main direction of the darkest shadows. I don't know much about the DAZ, mostly just what I've read here in this section of the forum and what I know about the basics of photography.

Maybe you could try to re-arrange those lights using the three-point lighting method and turn the brightness of the lights down generally? Rendering darker scenes will take more time but the results should be better. It's what other people here have been suggesting to beginners.
I don't use any light in fact (except the one of the store's asset) it's my Tone Mapping settings that make the renders so bright ^^
Capture.PNG
EDIT: Anyway there is something wrong with my scene with the light sometimes I remove the roof of the store and the view is all white because there is too much light and sometimes it's like on my previous render. IDK
And the hdri I use for the environment is not even a thing with a sky and a sun. it diffuses almost no light
2022-05-29 12_42_51-.png

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Umm, I don't know the specifics of DAZ, but without any lights the scene should be pitch black (this is how it is in Blender for example). Also, you obviously have shadows on your renders that have a clear visible direction. Just tone mapping without any lights should have no effect.
Maybe those lights came with some models? Maybe the background scene itself? Sorry, can't help you much with DAZ. There should be a way to find all the lights on the scene and configure them.

except the one of the store's asset
- there you go. You have lights.

yaggiland

Mar 15, 2021
Umm, I don't know the specifics of DAZ, but without any lights the scene should be pitch black (this is how it is in Blender for example). Also, you obviously have shadows on your renders that have a clear visible direction. Just tone mapping without any lights should have no effect.
Maybe those lights came with some models? Maybe the background scene itself? Sorry, can't help you much with DAZ. There should be a way to find all the lights on the scene and configure them.

- there you go. You have lights.
Yes, I meant lights that I would have put on
It is the way the asset was made that makes it light
Capture.PNG

EDIT : Shit, I broke my scene xd even with the camera light
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: flxgrm

yaggiland

Mar 15, 2021
Please continue
Definitely yes, we are looking forward to your work. This is the best plot development in fanart lately. In my opinion, it is very harmonious and could even become something more
I just try to keep the spirit of the game in my fan-art ^^
Since I'm using a character that's not in the game, I also thought that it doesn't look very fan-art.

The last rendering made a good ending :) I will find out how to continue.

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes