Jun 15, 2017
Interesting if rather rude question, but it does deserve an answer.
Because the game is the best of the current crop out their, and I prefer to pay for what I have rather than just take it. But such a deal is a 2 way street, as a patreon I give over my cash regulalry and in return expect the items for the price or at least an explanation or regular update if their is an issue, and that is not really happening so while I want to play the game it is only fair I pay for it, even if I am not always receiving what I pay for.
Another key point is that if everyone just took the game for free, no one would end up with the game and it would never be made.
You are right about the game being one of the best of the current crop and that not everyone can get the game for free but the only thing holding me back from being a donor is his lack of communication.

P.s. I may seem rude at times but don’t get me wrong I really love this game and only wish it the best. All the creator needs to do is communicate a little better and I won’t have any complaints

Reactions: paragon

paragon

Donor
May 21, 2017
You are right about the game being one of the best of the current crop and that not everyone can get the game for free but the only thing holding me back from being a donor is his lack of communication.

P.s. I may seem rude at times but don’t get me wrong I really love this game and only wish it the best. All the creator needs to do is communicate a little better and I won’t have any complaints
I could not agree with you more and this discussion has made me think should I be paying at the moment, after all we are not asking for him to hit the targets we are merely asking for some sort of update occasionally :) Buddy-Christ.jpg

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
The release date thing doesn't mean anything, it's been at end of May since the previous update. It's just that in the most recent update post (which was last week), he said he'd release it next week (week that just passed).

paragon

Donor
May 21, 2017
The release date thing doesn't mean anything, it's been at end of May since the previous update. It's just that in the most recent update post (which was last week), he said he'd release it next week (week that just passed).
The Issue is not that is the release date next week / this week / next year... The issue is 2 fold,
1 - The game is always late &
2 - No one payers and non payers are never kept informed.
Yes, the game is worth waiting for but some sort of communication is always worthwhile....
- Also I would suspect that although their is a lot of non payers on this site, equally it is the actions of this site creating 4 forums and the Mods etc that has allowed him to have so many players and cash coming in. So the main complaint people have is not the game but the lack of comms and lateness and that is the easiest issue to fix, it takes a 30 second message being sent out is all to Patreon to update everyone.

Reactions: TheEdge
U

User_17502

I can’t say much about the release delay problem. That’s a personal issue that can be much more complex than what we give saddog credit for. I have had to delay several mod updates due to bugs and laziness. But he also made it clear that it might be the end of this week or the month. I can’t fault him for wanting an extra week to work on the game. Sure it’s not enjoyable to have to wait but I would much rather he give me an accurate window than a set date that he has to delay at the last second. So I don’t feel to bad about that.

But the communication issue I have major problems with. This isn’t an isolated case though. Most devs don’t really understand how to manage their communities. Paying or Non paying. The few that do are usually successful and their communities are kept relatively happy. Best examples of this are Dark Cookie and Sunsetrider7. Both of these people are killing it. They have weekly if not daily updates keeping their community informed and satiated. They also take a few minutes to answer poignant questions they deem worthy of their time.
Honestly I feel like I should become a community manager for the amount of time I spend on this site. I’m doing the work already, why not get paid for it? XD

All jokes aside This is a major problem
for game devs. Even in the triple A titles. They just only understand how important public opinion is to game success. If public opinion is negative people won’t support the game.

Anyway explanation over. I’m going to send a bill to saddog for “Loss Prevention” XD.

RockenRoller

May 5, 2018
I mean all thing's considered, i'd rather he take alittle longer to smooth things out, instead of rushing it and having some bugs. Cause man it'd hurt me if we got to the good bits of either story or a scene you've been expecting, just to have a bug happen and then ruin it all or leave on a major cliff hanger till it's fixed, THAT would hurt much more. So i don't mind the wait.

BUT having people pay and those that don't, and not communicating with either? not much of an excuse for that, unless he's dick deep into trying to figure everything out, and even then, it takes what, 30 seconds - 1 minute to tell the crowd what's going on? got time to eat/restroom you got time to post a message, i'm content with waiting, as sadly im not a patron (tough times) Would like to be, but for those that do pay, i'd feel it's only fair that they know.

TL;DR - Patience is a virtue, BUT GOD IT'S ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS.

Reactions: User_17502

juanel0

Oct 25, 2017
how stop lose relationship ?
You start loosing points if they get too high(no it does not have sense).
I suggest you go to work in the spa, get some money and buy a lot of presents, one present for day to any girl(except the mom) will prevent them from drooping, you get 5 points for each gift, and lose 5 points in the night, soo... there is that, besides, one hour work get you enogh money to buy 4 presents.

paragon

Donor
May 21, 2017
Don't spam the thread talking about the release date. We will update the thread ASAP as usual.
If you can't really wait just open the freezer and close yourself in. It is very effective. ;)

Bang! Bang! Bang! - help im stuck in a freezer!!

Reactions: wep
3.50 star(s) 120 Votes