defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Look, I have said you don't know what I wanted to say, but I will try once more.
First, Saddog has some experience in coding with python. He already made one less complicated game. He went this time with far more sophisticated project, and it works, not always perfectly, but he goes, and will hopefully finish it. He is not profesional programmer but he has some experience. Few years, even as hobby, is still some experience.
SAZ's mod is primarily focused on introduction of new content, primarily fan art. Yes, he has some knowledge of python coding, but from what I have seen, it's mostly from work on this mod, for last few months. It's of course ok, and more then I know about python, but it's less experience than what Saddog has, and it's not enough to deal with complicated things Saddog envisioned, but has problems with producing it in code.
If you don't understand the difference... well...
PS; codified and coded are rather different things. ;)
I love saddog
I just say that ... this. Game requires also SAZ skill with Animations...

I love saddog story
I love this game

But requires some help to be better

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I love this game because I have start to play with SAZ’s mod... 8.5 version ...
So I have to restart the 09.1 game bc the saves are not compatible....
SAZ version is better.

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
people comparing 2 devs with different MO,s and roles is a little silly.

1) Saddog started this project and gets paid to do it. His concept was a great plan, great images but story was all over the show. Also as getting paid, he tries to set deadlines, but hard to do with RL when this is not your job.

SAZ does it as a labor of love (aka for Free) as he loved the concept, but wanted a better story flow. HE works a RL job and does this when he has time

2) Saddog did a linear style game then for this project wanted a sandbox style, this is a very different way to code a game and some of the code causes a lot of errors, like clothes as he learns. Big point still not abandoned (i hope).

SAZ did use base code up until about version 7 (ish) then due to above clothes he split to a non instruive Mod instead of overwriting Core game. (if you think he is coping i suggest you do a Diff between core game and mod).
SAZ added a ton of more story and split the NTR into 4 versions after requests from others, the extra images are his and from the Fan art thread. Animation is from another person and installed as an add on.

3) Saddog did built a cheat menu and UI that works.

SAZ made a completely new cheat menu and UI.

4) Saddog is know to go incommunicado for weeks and the odd month, which as people pay him is a little odd but seem to work as still gets paid.

SAZ until COVID was always answering questions within 24hr of post and marking posts he read. Provides updates when he has something to update.

I respect saddog for starting and not abandoning the game like others do, and cerating the characters, renders and core story we all love.

I love S A Z 's version for additional ways to play and extras he added (I like the UI, but not for everyone).

Both these coders deserve a round of appreciation for this world of Tyrant esp for those like me that are not paying anything for the game.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
people comparing 2 devs with different MO,s and roles is a little silly.

1) Saddog started this project and gets paid to do it. His concept was a great plan, great images but story was all over the show. Also as getting paid, he tries to set deadlines, but hard to do with RL when this is not your job.

SAZ does it as a labor of love (aka for Free) as he loved the concept, but wanted a better story flow. HE works a RL job and does this when he has time

2) Saddog did a linear style game then for this project wanted a sandbox style, this is a very different way to code a game and some of the code causes a lot of errors, like clothes as he learns. Big point still not abandoned (i hope).

SAZ did use base code up until about version 7 (ish) then due to above clothes he split to a non instruive Mod instead of overwriting Core game. (if you think he is coping i suggest you do a Diff between core game and mod).
SAZ added a ton of more story and split the NTR into 4 versions after requests from others, the extra images are his and from the Fan art thread. Animation is from another person and installed as an add on.

3) Saddog did built a cheat menu and UI that works.

SAZ made a completely new cheat menu and UI.

4) Saddog is know to go incommunicado for weeks and the odd month, which as people pay him is a little odd but seem to work as still gets paid.

SAZ until COVID was always answering questions within 24hr of post and marking posts he read. Provides updates when he has something to update.

I respect saddog for starting and not abandoning the game like others do, and cerating the characters, renders and core story we all love.

I love S A Z 's version for additional ways to play and extras he added (I like the UI, but not for everyone).

Both these coders deserve a round of appreciation for this world of Tyrant esp for those like me that are not paying anything for the game.
Thanks for your post
I totally agree except to the fact that SAZ version is not for everyone...
I think SAZ version totally respect the spirit of saddog storylines adding e very good game playing for everyone avoiding the confusion generated by the sandbox style that is not well codified in the original game.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
people comparing 2 devs
Not really, people and not really two developers. One is a developer, and other is a modder. Difference is significant.

My Legacy is not linear Virtual Novel.

I am not sure what do you want to argue here. SAZ's mod is like extension to the game, not fork of the game. Anyway, I was talking about this, saddog is a developer with intermediate coding skills, and SAZ is advanced beginner. Biggest problem of game is that Saddog needs advanced skills in order to implement his designs. Cheers.

ShaZam1409

Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for your post
I think SAZ version totally respect the spirit of saddog storylines adding e very good game playing for everyone avoiding the confusion generated by the sandbox style that is not well codified in the original game.
I can't find the 8.5 version. Is there anyway I can download older versions? I wanna try the SAZ mod with no errors.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
find previous version is not so easy... I have it already with the SAZ mod installed but my upload speed is not god for transfer big files
bc when saturate the upload my internet connection unusable for about 4 or 6 hours...

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
My Legacy is not linear Virtual Novel.
It really is.
There's no sandbox or free-roam to it, and there's very little freedom to how you play, since it affects the endings.

I am not sure what do you want to argue here.
Honestly, both you and defd need to stop arguing about the merits of the mod in this thread.

Also, defd stop spamming the thread with multiple posts so close together. Use the edit button if it's only been a few minutes since your last post, and when you're the last person who posted.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
It really is.
There's no sandbox or free-roam to it, and there's very little freedom to how you play, since it affects the endings.
It has two dozens of endings, so of course there is some freedom to play, otherwise how to get different endings. Besides verry fact that there are different endings undermines concept of linearity. It might not be pure sandbox, maybe hybrid sandbox-vn, but saying it's linear is overstatement. But ok, my point wasn't to go in further than this.

Honestly, both you and defd need to stop arguing about the merits of the mod in this thread.
I didn't argue, I said what I think. Have nice afternoon.

Bakkis15

Donor
Jan 27, 2018
What's up whit this location? It's marked green with Cass being there but it's not accesible. There is one other in the park(I think) on the map with the same problem.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
how to go to the secret place?
Judging by changelog, I think it's location of NTR event. I think you need to be on that path in order to go there.

Changelog for 0.9.1
- 1 new event with Nicole pregnant in the shower at 3pm (love and corruption)
- 1 new event with Nicole pregnant at the parents room at 7 pm (love/ the missing one from 0.9)
- 1 new NTR event with Alexis, 2pm at the secret place
- 1 new city event for Nicole, Alexis and Cassandra on the weekend (corruption), look in the helper for requirements
- 1 kill option for Davide, can fail in NTR with consequences (trigger automatically after the important Bruce event, more info then in the helper too).
- the contact info menu got more details, like a babycounter and some other stats, accessable by clicking the images in the contact menu on the phone.
- fixed some bugs and typos (couldn‘t reproduce a sleep-bug, maybe need further investigation)
[/Spoiler]
Bakkis15 sorry, I have quoted your message by incident.

Last edited:

GaboCAP

Jun 7, 2018
What's up whit this location? It's marked green with Cass being there but it's not accesible. There is one other in the park(I think) on the map with the same problem.
That's the tanning salon, at 5 pm you can work there or, if you buy some time, interact briefly with Cassandra and her friend Monique.

maverick@79

Mar 4, 2019
Thanks for your post
i like it because it ads moree accurate behavior and improved story

May 19, 2020
Perhaps a bit of a random question, but what is your relationship with Cassandra, above or below the NTR cutoff? Because I think that's an NTR scene with Cassandra and Davide at the gym, and you might not be able to access it if you're not on that route.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
It really is.
Linear Visual Novel basically tells one story with one true canon ending, linear. My Legacy is basically a normal/traditional style visual novel where your choices can lead to multiple canon endings.

3.50 star(s) 120 Votes