Sep 2, 2020
I find the whole discussion about his patreon and update cycle rather shitty tbh.

The money he currently makes isnt even on social welfare level where i live and if it is his second income its probably high enough so that he would have to pay some taxes for it and patreon is of course also taken its cut.

So lets say he made around 5000 bucks per year average, so like 20k and take taxes and patreon of of that and he may have made 15k at most, i guess.

That's for making a game that has around as much, if not more content than most other games here and he isn't complete roque, but just isnt doing monthly updates.
Because that would probably even cut more into what content he can make as every release itself is costing time itself for testing and rounding scenes up and stuff and would probably not be enough content to make anyone really happy anyway.

So if this is his second job kinda i would expect him to spend around 40 hours a month on this project compared to other side jobs and what are you guys expecting how much content one does make in such amount of time?

And if someone isnt happy hes free to not spent money on patreon! Just do a 1 month and then cancel to kinda buy into somoenes project noone is forcing anyone to pay for 4 years in a row every month.
Anyone that is spending money on patreon and is expecting that it pays out in the future is an idiot imo.
Always pay for what's already presented and then stop, if you can't afford to throw away your money or see it as a gift.
In the real world you get paid at the end of the month for your job not at your first day. Why would anyone think that giving someone money on patreon entitles them to get something in the future... your fucking morong

simple calc

40 hours x 10 month x4 years are around 1600 hours for the project as projected as a side job.
yeah thats 2 whole months vacation and sickness time per year.

15k / 1600 are rounded up 10 bucks an hour
and that is max im pretty sure that he spent way more hours and made overall less money.
Then theres asset costs and of course power and hardware.

So crying around here that someone made less money, making a game for you, than he would have made spending that time flipping burgers at MC D, is just ridiculous imo.

There are people out there that made way more money with projects that took way less time to build. That flappy birds guy for example spend not even a month on that thing i bet and made millions!

And there are tons of projects out there like that.
You guys live on a fantasy communist planet were people arent allowed to make money or what?

edit post add:
Add to the calc that a developer or graphics guy cost around 4 to 5 k a month for a company. So that makes the whole project like 3 to 4 month of fulltime value. Which would give you around 640 dev time hours at 4 month at regular 40 hour weeks.
So really, were the fuck is the scam?

Jul 16, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
People are calling it a scam because he's been totally radio silent for 5 months and he's still making money despite nobody knowing if there's actually a product coming down the pipeline as a result. I don't actually think it being a "scam" is an entirely accurate choice of words myself, but I can see why they're unhappy nonetheless, and I'm not going to pretend not to understand what's getting on people's nerves because their choice of words was imperfect.

There were a couple of points where his Patreon was making over 3k a month (A decent bit more than you make flipping burgers); It no longer does, I assume because people are tired of the total lack of communication leaving them wondering if he's dead, if he ran off to argentina, or just not communicating (it's at least not the first of those three, since he's still browsing here regularly). From what I can tell, this isn't even the first time he's just disappeared without a word.

If he's not the type to keep people updated when there isn't much of significance to talk about, whatever, but it definitely seems like it'd be better for everyone if he even so much as said "yeah I'm still working on it" every few weeks (or that he's quit) so the people who already enjoy his game enough to become patrons could at least know that their money is (or isn't) actually going to help make more of it.

rabultfe

May 4, 2019
i don't know the fact that he doesn't communicate with anyone about his plans or anything really even with his patreons
or his website that hasn't been updated since 2017 or have a free ssl
take a year to release an update for just 3 or 4 new scenes while other games on this site that do more with less or even less with more but at least they talk about it they have plans they share
or where you think 5k isn't a lot of money specially for doing nothing or the minimum and let's assume the project doesn't make him enough money to justify working on it so why keep it a live just kill it and be done and move to other thing unless the money is good and he want to keep milking the people that keeps paying him
but hey i'm not the one paying him so i guess it's none of my business just my 2 cent about it but-thats-none-of-my-business-gif-14.gif

Sep 2, 2020
I kinda made my point money wise But even with higher numbers i think my point is still valid.
In short it came out for a simple calc with higher income at around 55k he would probably made 20 bucks and hour with the imo way too low work hour count of 1.6k i used before.
There are a shitton of pix in this and quite enough events in the sandbox and text, then you get programming and testing.
So i have no problem to double my initial hour count to over 3k spent on this cause he wasent a profesional and working alone.
I kinda still have my doubts that the guy even made a proper 10 bucks an hour in the end over the whole project at this point in time.

I also think that there are a lot of games and apps out there were devs really got undeserving amounts of money in end for their projects.
FIFA makes billions for selling you basically the same game every year,
GTA is spending not even a fraction on development on the online mode compared to the billions they get from it, same for RDR.
Pubg mobile makes ridiculous amounts of money of of kids. And they developed the main game in under a year and the mobile version will probably have taken them another 6 months at most.

Minecraft guy made 1.5 billion selling the company and game rights to microsoft.
How can you complain about a guy making around 15k per year when there are people on this planet raking in over 100 million per year.

And i'm not a white knight but i think its far from a scam comparing overall projected income time it took to make and what people got for it up to this point imo.

And communication can sometimes even bring more problems than it would solve.
Just look at icstors shitshow it doesent matter what he says the complainers going to complain regardless of what is being said or promised. And just saying one is working isnt needed since that is kinda implied by taking further money at this point and people tend to complain regardless anyway.
So why even bother with making promises you may cant keep and then get even more shit for it.

From my point of view its ok if a dev is cashing in for a bit if he did work constantly for years underpaid, to get at least closer to what its worth in the end. In the end its the patreons fault for getting angry if they have expectations that arent met in the end as all fund plattforms bare the risk to throw the money away for nothing.

Btw Games don't stop selling on steam after 3 month either, regardless if anyone is working on them or not.
And yes it would be sad if this would never got a nicer finish but from what i saw it was basicly done with most acts these games deliver.

DD!

Aug 18, 2020
It's disappointing that the developer's production appears to have fallen off again. I just recently began playing the game, and I'm unsure how many scenes still remain available; specifically in the corruption and ntr routes. I found this page on e-hentai: there appears to be quite a few more ntr scenes I have not yet encountered. Are all/most of these in the game? Or were they likely bonuses made for Patreon?

• Sad
Reactions: ActiveShooter

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
It's disappointing that the developer's production appears to have fallen off again. I just recently began playing the game, and I'm unsure how many scenes still remain available; specifically in the corruption and ntr routes. I found this page on e-hentai: there appears to be quite a few more ntr scenes I have not yet encountered. Are all/most of these in the game? Or were they likely bonuses made for Patreon?
Alexis does not do orgies in basement in base game. You can find in game scenes by unpacking rpa files and even there you can find images for something that is not implemented in story.

Last edited:

Kunju

Mar 18, 2018
screenshot0001.png

from here it shows script error
like below

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'casbasementtrainlove'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Games\Z set up Z\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Games\Z set up Z\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "E:\Games\Z set up Z\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "E:\Games\Z set up Z\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "repeatings.rpyc", line 1086, in script
File "E:\Games\Z set up Z\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Tyrant 0.9.4
Sun Oct 03 20:22:54 2021

ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS, IF YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT IT PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
While running game code:

ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS, IF YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT IT PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS
Read answer in page 873. Install "v0.9.4b Update patch" from first page or do training with corruption higher than love. "casbasementtrainlove" routines exist only in patched version. Not in original 0.9.4.

You are not the first to face this error and there are multiple answers about it on this thread. Search box is in the top right corner.

maverick@79

Mar 4, 2019
No, the developer does not communicate enough to keep the forum "active" that is why it got tagged abandoned. It is not the first time and may not be the last time that happens.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)
he doesnt reply to his own site messeges either so ive stopped supporting due to no communication at all not even saying allis good and being worked on

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
I find the whole discussion about his patreon and update cycle rather shitty tbh.

The money he currently makes isnt even on social welfare level where i live and if it is his second income its probably high enough so that he would have to pay some taxes for it and patreon is of course also taken its cut.

So lets say he made around 5000 bucks per year average, so like 20k and take taxes and patreon of of that and he may have made 15k at most, i guess.

That's for making a game that has around as much, if not more content than most other games here and he isn't complete roque, but just isnt doing monthly updates.
Because that would probably even cut more into what content he can make as every release itself is costing time itself for testing and rounding scenes up and stuff and would probably not be enough content to make anyone really happy anyway.

So if this is his second job kinda i would expect him to spend around 40 hours a month on this project compared to other side jobs and what are you guys expecting how much content one does make in such amount of time?

And if someone isnt happy hes free to not spent money on patreon! Just do a 1 month and then cancel to kinda buy into somoenes project noone is forcing anyone to pay for 4 years in a row every month.
Anyone that is spending money on patreon and is expecting that it pays out in the future is an idiot imo.
Always pay for what's already presented and then stop, if you can't afford to throw away your money or see it as a gift.
In the real world you get paid at the end of the month for your job not at your first day. Why would anyone think that giving someone money on patreon entitles them to get something in the future... your fucking morong

simple calc

40 hours x 10 month x4 years are around 1600 hours for the project as projected as a side job.
yeah thats 2 whole months vacation and sickness time per year.

15k / 1600 are rounded up 10 bucks an hour
and that is max im pretty sure that he spent way more hours and made overall less money.
Then theres asset costs and of course power and hardware.

So crying around here that someone made less money, making a game for you, than he would have made spending that time flipping burgers at MC D, is just ridiculous imo.

There are people out there that made way more money with projects that took way less time to build. That flappy birds guy for example spend not even a month on that thing i bet and made millions!

And there are tons of projects out there like that.
You guys live on a fantasy communist planet were people arent allowed to make money or what?

edit post add:
Add to the calc that a developer or graphics guy cost around 4 to 5 k a month for a company. So that makes the whole project like 3 to 4 month of fulltime value. Which would give you around 640 dev time hours at 4 month at regular 40 hour weeks.
same place the patrons rewards are-with the dev.you missed the whole point here i think and the whole monetry argument is just crap.we do agree that anybody who pays for nothing is an idiot imo too.people became patrons at whatever teir they felt-each teir had a set of rewards in print on patreon not only has he not fullfilled them he cant even be arsed to respond.
scam meaning= a dishonest scheme; a fraud. hmm he takes money promises stuff then disappears.this is where the fucking scam is.enjoy your evening:)

3.50 star(s) 120 Votes