5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The four initially were Kendra Spade, Cadence Lux, Dakota Skye, and Mia Lia...many of the creators are going back and adding TUSC content into the packs and some new packs have TUSC content. Scutterhuts table currently does not have a tab to check for TUSC content but you can go back on the Girlpack Release thread and check there...from newest and going backwards because the creators will say whether or not they have added TUSC content in.
Add:

Daisy Marie (the true original)
Dillion Carter
the newest Lena Paul, Rita Peach, Lucie Wilde, Mia Malkova
Hitomi Tanaka
Jasmine Black
Vicky Vette

This is just off the top of my head, I know I have others I'm not remembering.

Reactions: mgunner2010

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
So, in the end I was able to produce a 0.6 :cool:
This doesn't implement changes in gameplay, so when reading my last message

but for sure I want to release a 0.6 within the next ~month with some of these changes.
replace 0.6 with 0.7 ;)

The changelog:

Code:
- reviewed daily scheduler weights for gym
- now watching CCTV recordings consumes time (1h per session)
- added girls' strength to cheats (just in case the upper review doesn't work)
- added the ability to call girls from other areas (except for rooms)
- reviewed chances probabilty
- reviewed tips economics
- added stats section in office
- minor UI improvements
0.5 saves should be compatible with 0.6, in case you experience errors in stats, please run at least one night before opening the section and this should fix any eventual issues.

Here are the links:

As usual, I'll wait for mirrors and the update the OP.
Cheers!

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
I am completely unable to play this version of the game. It does not find where the girlpacks are. When I try to change the settings to point to the correct directory, the settings never seem to get saved. I have deleted the local storage and that doesn't help, either. I have even edited the local settings file, to no avail.

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
I am completely unable to play this version of the game. It does not find where the girlpacks are. When I try to change the settings to point to the correct directory, the settings never seem to get saved. I have deleted the local storage and that doesn't help, either. I have even edited the local settings file, to no avail.
The code involving girlpacks load is not changed at all. When you select the new location from settings, does the reported path reflect the desired location? Usually entering a single girlpack location does the trick..

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Everything works fine for me, FWIW. Haven't checked all of the new features, but the game opens up.

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
This has been a problem forever. Usually by messing around with it long enough, I can get it to find the "D:\Stuff\Games\Venus Happy Hour\Girlpacks" directory.

Fortunately, going through the process of documenting this problem, I figured out what I was doing wrong. (I wasn't using the escape character in the settings file... You'll see.)

Starting the game after doing a 'factory reset', gives me these settings:
img 2 default settings.jpg

Using the change and reset buttons, I can't get it to change at all. So I drop back to the main menu, press 'Select Girlpacks' and select the directory.

img 3 change settings.jpg

This thinks for quite a while (presumably it is reading and verifying the girlpacks it is finding?) but then it returns to the main menu with the 'no girlpacks found!' button. No joy in fapsville! The mighty Casey still has no bat to swing!

Going into the settings, it made a change -- but the change is wrong. The setting is set to one directory too high. Instead of "D:\Stuff\Games\Venus Happy Hour\Girlpacks", it is set to "D:\Stuff\Games\Venus Happy Hour".

img 6 partial directory spec.jpg

Try as I might, I am completely unable to use any of the buttons that should effect the Girlpacks location, to actually save the correct setting. If there is a way to navigate those buttons correctly, please, someone tell me.

So I exit the game and go to my actual settings file.

img 7 settings file.jpg

I add the directory level that is missing (making sure to double the '\' because it is also the escape character! D'oh!)

img 8 updated settings file.jpg

Restarting the game now works. But... Does someone really need to find and edit their settings file to get the game to find the right directory? I will do so, because I enjoy the game, but I think it might be a bit much for new people trying to use a documented feature.

PS: I had to restart the game a lot to document this, and this screen makes me cringe every time I see it...

img 5 immediately.jpg

Plus a few more issues with the story screens when starting a new game:

img 10 successful.jpg

img 9 respectable.jpg

img 11 more legal.jpg

I'll report back after I get the chance to play this version a bit.

kashmoneybang

Jul 16, 2021
I have had this issue on mac and for many versions at this point. It just cannot detect the girlpacks no matter what. Can't seem to do nothing about it, since it seems the game cannot "read" subfolders... I can point to let's say "desktop" or "download", but not the correct subfolder wherever it is actually located

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
I have had this issue on mac and for many versions at this point. It just cannot detect the girlpacks no matter what. Can't seem to do nothing about it, since it seems the game cannot "read" subfolders... I can point to let's say "desktop" or "download", but not the correct subfolder wherever it is actually located
Can you enter a single girlpack folder and hit select?

DOaccolon

Oct 26, 2020
Tried that too, and still the same result: No girlpacks found!

I don't have a clue...
What CaptC wrote in this thread shortly is exactly the behaviour I mentioned a few weeks ago.
And it is the same with the new version 0.6: I can't get the game to select the girlspacks-folder.

But when I started the game for the first time my Anti-Virus App asked for permission to reach Github?
Might this help with the search for the bugs?

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
Going into settings and selecting the first girl in the girlpacks directory, gave me the exact same broken behavior. My settings screen is now looking at the same truncated directory string.

However, this time, while it displayed the incorrect setting in game, when I exited, it actually saved the correct setting in the settings file. And the game restarted like a champ.

As I said, I have usually been able to get the right value accidentally. I would guess I had accidentally discovered this workaround but since it appears that the workaround doesn't work (in that the settings screen says the wrong thing), I didn't actually realize what I had done and so this time around, I couldn't figure out how to replicate it.

LTTRIGGER

Feb 1, 2020
Getting black screen when trying to change girls in the bar position. Anyone else experiencing this?

larosamo

Nov 9, 2020
Hi.

Can someone explain me how i get any other girl appart or example girl?, I have all the updgrades , I´m the richest man in the world , but I can't hire any other girl.

There is any site in what i can get more girlspacks?

Thank you.

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
I'm not sure how the game picks girls when there are no dispositions in play, but right now it appears the games put the first girls into the bar, any girls left over into the bouncer category, and then punts.

May I suggest that it is very unreasonable to have a strip/sex club where there are lots of girls just sitting around with no one on stage. If there is even one customer at the stage, there should be a girl on it. The economics of strip clubs DEMANDS that there be a naked girl on stage at all times, else customers looking to enter simply go elsewhere. The only thing more important is making sure the customers are getting served alcohol.

I think the game would play better if a different algorithm was used. May I suggest?
  • If there is an opening in the bar, assign a free girl to the bar.
  • If there is an opening on the stage, and a customer at the stage, assign a free girl to the stage.
  • If there is an opening on the stage, and no free girls but a customer is there, pull a girl off any duty other than the bar and put her on stage. (Best if this is a girl who has not yet been on stage this night.)
  • If there is an opening for a bouncer, assign the free girl with the highest strength to the bouncers.
  • If there is a customer looking for VIP service, and an eligible girl with enough openness free, assign her to the VIP
  • If there is a customer looking for spa service, and an eligible girl with enough openness free, assign her to the spa
  • If there is a customer looking for gloryhole service, and an eligible girl with enough openness free, assign her to the gloryhole.
  • Repeat all previous steps until all girls are assigned.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
I'm not sure how the game picks girls when there are no dispositions in play, but right now it appears the games put the first girls into the bar, any girls left over into the bouncer category, and then punts.

May I suggest that it is very unreasonable to have a strip/sex club where there are lots of girls just sitting around with no one on stage. If there is even one customer at the stage, there should be a girl on it. The economics of strip clubs DEMANDS that there be a naked girl on stage at all times, else customers looking to enter simply go elsewhere. The only thing more important is making sure the customers are getting served alcohol.

I think the game would play better if a different algorithm was used. May I suggest?
  • If there is an opening in the bar, assign a free girl to the bar.
  • If there is an opening on the stage, and a customer at the stage, assign a free girl to the stage.
  • If there is an opening on the stage, and no free girls but a customer is there, pull a girl off any duty other than the bar and put her on stage. (Best if this is a girl who has not yet been on stage this night.)
  • If there is an opening for a bouncer, assign the free girl with the highest strength to the bouncers.
  • If there is a customer looking for VIP service, and an eligible girl with enough openness free, assign her to the VIP
  • If there is a customer looking for spa service, and an eligible girl with enough openness free, assign her to the spa
  • If there is a customer looking for gloryhole service, and an eligible girl with enough openness free, assign her to the gloryhole.
  • Repeat all previous steps until all girls are assigned.
Hmm, I think I'd even pull a girl from the bar to fill up either the stage or the VIP, provided the bar is at least half manned (womanned?). But even that would be a simplification of the dynamics. Good thing the trickiest part of all the code is already in the core mechanics in the first place: randomizing which girls are placed everywhere and refreshing that bit every X minutes. Tweaking and finetuning the randomization is more tedious, though it can increase the complexity.

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
Hmm, I think I'd even pull a girl from the bar to fill up either the stage or the VIP, provided the bar is at least half manned (womanned?). But even that would be a simplification of the dynamics. Good thing the trickiest part of all the code is already in the core mechanics in the first place: randomizing which girls are placed everywhere and refreshing that bit every X minutes. Tweaking and finetuning the randomization is more tedious, though it can increase the complexity.
I realize this is a game, so real world economics may not apply. But I stand by my suggested priorities.
  1. Customers don't pay the cover and enter if no one is on stage. They leave and go elsewhere.
  2. The club makes it's money on liquor and other sundries.
  3. The strippers make their money in tips and in the booths, and the club takes a cut. While this is primary income for the girls, it is only secondary income for the club.
The club should assign staff to make sure that the club is making money, before letting girls make their own money. There should always be someone on stage and at the bar, before any other positions are staffed.

I think that this could easily be reflected in the customer acquisition rules. The rate of gaining customers should be lower if new customers don't see someone on stage, and the rate of customers leaving unsatisfied should be very much higher if they can't get a drink in a timely fashion.

EDIT: My bad. You weren't throwing out my priorities. You were suggesting if the bar is pretty well staffed, you can take a girl off the bar to be on stage. But I think that gets handled by my suggested algorithm already, because as long as there are at least two girls working, one will be at the bar and another will be on stage.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes