5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
Hi all,
this is just another small status update.

I completed the first two locations in the city and the relevant content/dynamics (a couple of pictures attached):
- The cafe' american
- The techno city garden

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 01.23.15.png Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 01.23.53.png

I also made some changes to the staff section, but it's not completed yet

Still to go for first beta:
- The lotus flower SPA (city location)
- The bull gym (city location)
- The taurus club (city location)
- Rework the training flow

Still needed for final release:
- The broken hearths club (city location)
- Review economics/night flow

I expect to be faster on next locations, while I'm not sure about how much time will take the training rework. Theoretically not too much, as the new flow is simplified, but we will see.

Cheers

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
Sooo, this took quite a long time. And is not over, yet.

But, for the ones of you that are ok with the risk of facing hard crashes, strange bugs, and poor gaming experience, here is the first beta for 1.0.0

What's changed?

Code:
- Added city with locations:
  - Cafe' American
  - The bull gym
  - Lotus flower SPA
  - Techno city garden
- Hiring girls is now a day activity you perform in the city
- Girls now gets *randomly* characterised on game start, so they have "favorability" to specific performances and some of them unlocked
- Added `relationship` attribute to girls (at the moment works for hiring and daily actions)
- Changed training flow to work with "unlocks" instead of training points
- Removed dildo and girls auto-training (as was based on points)
- Review performances abilities checks in night game processor
- Night phase can now be spent in city locations with time-action based flow (like day phase) if not opening club
- Re-designed staff list and inspector
Now, a few warnings:
- Old saves won't work
- The three city club locations are still to be done
- The night processor still need rework considering the new clubs competition stuff
- Charisma is still used for trainings, but I'd like to completely drop it before 1.0.0 final
- Relationship attribute is not used everywere, but it will be
- Popularity and reputation still work with upgrades, but in 1.0.0 final will be computed based on club stats
- I still need to think for a better usage of lwednes, boasting and submission with the new flows

Considering all the above points, expect a sub-optimal gaming experience with this beta, and at least a couple more of them before final release.

Bug reports and general feedbacks are more than welcome!

Cheers

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Sooo, this took quite a long time. And is not over, yet.

But, for the ones of you that are ok with the risk of facing hard crashes, strange bugs, and poor gaming experience, here is the first beta for 1.0.0

Tusc 1.0.0.beta1 win

What's changed?

Code:
- Added city with locations:
  - Cafe' American
  - The bull gym
  - Lotus flower SPA
  - Techno city garden
- Hiring girls is now a day activity you perform in the city
- Girls now gets *randomly* characterised on game start, so they have "favorability" to specific performances and some of them unlocked
- Added `relationship` attribute to girls (at the moment works for hiring and daily actions)
- Changed training flow to work with "unlocks" instead of training points
- Removed dildo and girls auto-training (as was based on points)
- Review performances abilities checks in night game processor
- Night phase can now be spent in city locations with time-action based flow (like day phase) if not opening club
- Re-designed staff list and inspector
Now, a few warnings:
- Old saves won't work
- The three city club locations are still to be done
- The night processor still need rework considering the new clubs competition stuff
- Charisma is still used for trainings, but I'd like to completely drop it before 1.0.0 final
- Relationship attribute is not used everywere, but it will be
- Popularity and reputation still work with upgrades, but in 1.0.0 final will be computed based on club stats
- I still need to think for a better usage of lwednes, boasting and submission with the new flows

Considering all the above points, expect a sub-optimal gaming experience with this beta, and at least a couple more of them before final release.

Cheers
In theory, all my video packages that I made will work? Or will it need to be updated?

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
In theory, all my video packages that I made will work? Or will it need to be updated?
Girlpacks compatibility should be untouched.
Schema for trainpacks was updated, but it should adapts automatically also the old-ones.

If you experience anything wrong with packs, just report it and I will check!

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Girlpacks compatibility should be untouched.
Schema for trainpacks was updated, but it should adapts automatically also the old-ones.

If you experience anything wrong with packs, just report it and I will check!
Would you like to check out the 170gb folder I created for TUSC players? :LOL:
Okay, we'll see from the feedback of the players with my video package.

saucepan35

Jul 30, 2018
A bug I encountered almost immediately: Was able to talk to girls a couple of days, and managed to hire one.
But all of a sudden after doing a single bar night, girls just stopped showing up to any of the locations. Nobody anywhere, except for the one girl I was already able to hire.

Reactions: Logan1377

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
no mac version this time? or will the one above work for macs too?
Next betas will also be published for mac.

A bug I encountered almost immediately: Was able to talk to girls a couple of days, and managed to hire one.
But all of a sudden after doing a single bar night, girls just stopped showing up to any of the locations. Nobody anywhere, except for the one girl I was already able to hire.
Yep you right, as soon as you run the club one night the city distributor get lost.
Gonna fix this in beta2

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021

Cheers
1- If you talk to a girl in the nightclub as the nightclub closes, it softlocks you into the conversation and even if you manage to 'fastforward' the day, you're still locked in and can never talk to another girl again.

2- Girls seem to require twice as much money to be hired as before and if you have a high girl-pack count, I'm concerned that 'work put into a girl' to butter her up for hiring will end up being 'shuffled in' to the pack as time goes so any time put into a girl before she leaves a location might feel wasted. This also makes hiring TUSC-enabled girls a concern--there's no way in hell I'm seperating my VC girlpacks folder.

3- Third attempt at a playthrough I can't even open the club at all. Zero Girl Run Broken! Also two girl run broken?

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
1- If you talk to a girl in the nightclub as the nightclub closes, it softlocks you into the conversation and even if you manage to 'fastforward' the day, you're still locked in and can never talk to another girl again.

2- Girls seem to require twice as much money to be hired as before and if you have a high girl-pack count, I'm concerned that 'work put into a girl' to butter her up for hiring will end up being 'shuffled in' to the pack as time goes so any time put into a girl before she leaves a location might feel wasted. This also makes hiring TUSC-enabled girls a concern--there's no way in hell I'm seperating my VC girlpacks folder.

3- Third attempt at a playthrough I can't even open the club at all. Zero Girl Run Broken! Also two girl run broken?
If you use my video packages.
There, almost all the girls have a high price.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
If you use my video packages.
There, almost all the girls have a high price.
I mean I can manipulate popularity, for girls without a data.yml it just reads the VC statblock and applies it just fine, that's not the issue. I managed to hire a girl at less than double last game attempt--I'm about to crack the formula.

So yeah, it appears the formula is (2-(relationship/100))*old hiring price?

Last edited:

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I mean I can manipulate popularity, for girls without a data.yml it just reads the VC statblock and applies it just fine, that's not the issue. I managed to hire a girl at less than double last game attempt--I'm about to crack the formula.

So yeah, it appears the formula is (2-(relationship/100))*old hiring price?
honestly, I did not test this version, I'll wait better for the final version of the update.
I don't even remember what formula the old version of the game had. :LOL:

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Disgruntler
Do you need additional material for the Lena Paul video package there? I kind of remember you were interested in this video package that year.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Disgruntler
Do you need additional material for the Lena Paul video package there? I kind of remember you were interested in this video package that year.
I was, and I nabbed it. Thank you for remembering.

The old formula worked off breakpoints based on popularity, 5-9 = 200 per workday, 10-? = 250, up to 2500 per work period at 100. Not sure the exact breakdowns, I just know it's not strictly linear.

Something I've noticed, TUSC-content girls do appear to show up more often in the mix, but I can't really prove this.

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
Hi all, here is a beta2:

Changes since beta1:

Code:
- fix city distributor getting lost after club opening
- review salary/relationship polynomial coefficients
- added day city actions limits with same girl
- other minor fixes
Disgruntler FYI the actual formula for salaries is a 3rd grade polynomial over relationship, in simple terms should give you 1.8x the old salary with 0 relationship, 1x with 35 relationship and 0.5x with 100 relationship.

Regarding girls distribution over locations: every location have specific weights based on favorability and other characteristics, so for example girls with several "spa" videos will have higher favorability for massage stuff and this is more likely they appear in Lotus Flower; girls with high work proficiency will probably appear more in Cafe' American, and so on. Also, the girls whom have higher relationship should theoretically stick within the same area.
Once you hired a girl, clicking its box in staff list now shows you the whole favorability thing with a radar chart, in case you missed it.

As for the next steps, In case no other big issues come out with this beta, I expect the next beta3 to implement clubs and relevant changes in night processor. I would say this can take few feeks, but as usual, no ETAs :)
If beta3 won't have issues, then probably 1.0.0 final will happen shortly after.

Cheers

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Rock on, eager to try 'er out

EDIT:

Bar and Gym are populating with 12 girls, which is causing the window to go off and be too large: (did not replicate on second playthrough)

1684486863009.png

Visiting girls in my own bar causes the game to lock, and hitting escape to exit to the main menu does not permit exitting to the main menu. Loading save into beta1 does let me visit girls.

Upgraded to baths 4, open club function no longer works. (Second test club, this doesn't replicate when I rush baths 4, did with vip 1 + baths 4, reloaded, replicated with vip1 with baths 1, used cheat menu, happens with baths 4 and vip 1, and not baths 3 and vip1, but with vip 2 and baths 3--all amounts of spa are fine.)

1684489939278.png 1684489956228.png 1684491494503.png

Girl with 100 relationship and 200 base salary won't be hired for 300 but girl with 45 relationship will be hireable for base price.

Minor play gripe: Having to start the club at exactly20:00, no later, is fine, but it's too easy to miss.

Last edited:

saucepan35

Jul 30, 2018
One bug with beta2 so far:
- I dont' know how it happened but I can't visit staff anymore. Just get a blank screen. When bringing up the ESC menu, the "YES" button to exit does not work, only the "NO" button so I need to ALT-F4.
Edit: Oh, I see Disgruntler already commented on what seems to be the same issue.

An early gameplay issue:
So it's been ages since I played the previous versions so I don't exactly remember how it used to work before. But economy at the start feels a bit broken and rough now. You start with at most 15k or something like that. Not sure what the salary formula is, but 250-400 is the minimum salary I've seen so far. I made the mistake of hiring a girl for 1500 and that seemed reasonable weighed against my current cash pool of 10k, but then I realized it's the nightly salary, not just a one time fee.

Makes sense, but early on, you can't afford that. With no upgrades or supplies or anything you'll be making a pretty constant 400 in tickets for a club night as far as I can tell, and sub 100 in tips. So one club night with this girl put me more than 1k in the red. Even with the cheapest possible hires, if run more than one at a time, it doesn't gain you anything early on and you still lose money. Seems a bit counter intuitive to me.

Finally, for someone who has never even played the game at all, I can 100% see someone seeing the "you should probably buy some rooms and a stage" tooltip, blow all their cash on say room, stage, bar, marketing and have pretty much no money left for hiring or digging out of the hole. Or doing what I apparently just did and hire too many girls. Seems you can't have more than 1-2 until you've bought more upgrades and unlocks.

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
Very good update but I hope that as it progresses there will be other ways to "quick hire" and not have to flirt and seduce all your workers to add them to the club even if that implies some kind of "evil route"

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes