5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
Starts with an error:

A decent error message(lia a stacktrace or something) might help narrowing down the actual cause of the problem.
A stacktrace won't help, as the issue there is that it cannot spawn the background process to run the game. There's no additional useful information other than the `127` exit code.

Anyway, stay tight, I'm downloading manjaro to boot up a VM and try to understand the hell is going on.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Props to the feature in the game where it automatically finds all of your girlpacks, as long as they're on the same drive. That makes it much easier!

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
Starts with an error:

A decent error message(lia a stacktrace or something) might help narrowing down the actual cause of the problem.
So, I tested 0.3.1 on a manjaro VM and it correctly starts.. maybe some missing libraries, I'm quite confused at this point to be honest.

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
Anyway,
since I made progresses for the 0.4 release, I'm sharing a beta version here for the ones of you that want to help me debugging and/or just try it.

What's changed so far:
- Added SPA section, relevant flow and actions
- Added Baths section, relevant flow and actions
- Updated night processing code for better allocations
- Changed default time shift during day phase to 15min
- Reviewed time durations for day actions
- Added cheat: allow to pause time during night
- Added massage char and relevant books
- Refactored trainings schemas and flow
- Added 7 additional trainings
- Reviewed night ratios for consumables
- Reviewed energy costs and refill
- Minor UI improvements

What is still missing for 0.4 final:
- Search in staff view
- Sorting in staff view
- Bar/Lounge view day section

In the next days I should be able to upload some patches for existing packs to enable TUSC 0.4 contents.
If everything goes as expected – it never does – 0.4 should land for Christmas.

Lord Phobos

Oct 28, 2019
The no text bug while training is back again. It always happens to me with Lupe at the masturbate training. Her Description.json allows said action.
EDIT: Its not exclusive to Lupe.

Last edited:

saucepan35

Jul 30, 2018
Tested the 0.4.0beta2 version. UI improvements looking great! Things starting to take shape already. Nice to see the name and category in the VIP room too. And I have mostly not had any issues so far.

- Found a small bug: I bought all the books straight away and this made the read list so long it "broke out" of the container and ended up outside the screen, and had to use the horizontal scrollbar that appeared to get to them. Problem went away once the list of reading materials shrunk a bit.

- The new rooms cause a gameplay progression issue with old VC girlpacks (and those are all my packs right now). I don't get any options for interactions in the spa or bathroom at all, which I assume is because the new rooms require new packs . But the girls still go there and become unavailable for training a huge amount of the time now. To the point that I cant train some girls because they never seem to appear in the staff room. There already seemed to be a pattern in 0.3 that girls further down the list are less often available (either by design or accident) but anyway, I now have girls that are almost never trainable as they don't become available for entire days in a row. Maybe girlpacks without the new locations shouldn't go there, or at least less often. Or maybe ensure they at least visit every room every day. I'm not aware of any packs that take advantage of TUSC yet so we will probably be stuck with the old VC ones for a while yet.

General suggestions:
- Maybe have a locations menu that is always visible, for moving around? I'm finding moving between the staff rooms and the office -> spa and back again to requires a few too many clicks. It's not a huge thing but it might be nice to just be able to go there instantly.
- Would be nice if the visitable-list allowed you to see more girls without scrolling. Especially now that they're unavailable/somewhere else so much of the time.
- Training dialog skip by using space/enter or click anywhere on the screen, not just inside the "text area". Again just a minor quality of life thing.
- Would it be possible to have a small icon overlay or just text description for the VIP room portrait/thumbnails, that show the category of the current scene? That way I could see if girl X is currently doing something that would make me wanna switch without actually moving away from the girl or scene I'm watching right now.

Last edited:

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
Finally gave the 0.3.0 version a spin. Game needs some more systems to come together before it it really starts to fly but looking great so far. A random collection of thoughts from me, though I'm sure many of them are old news. So ignore as needed :)
saucepan35 thank you for the exhaustive feedback, it really helps me out. I gonna answer to some of your points 1by1:

• More variety in how to raise stats and unlock scenes would be great (sure it's being worked on). Felt like I spent almost all my time in the training menu.
Yep, 0.4.0 is pointing in that direction. I would love your feedback on the new implementation.

• "upkeep" based economics are a bit dangerous. It's very easy now in the early game to go into a financial death spiral where you need to cheat or restart because you can't recover from bad investments. If you go the upkeep route for late game too, we may need some kind of accounting screen or a warning whenever you make a purchase that puts you in the red zone.
Yeah, I feel what you're saying. I was thinking about introducing a way to "dismount" upgrades in exchange for money, but I need to carefully consider all the consequences. Maybe in 0.5.

I'm not sure it's an intended mechanic but I liked being able to click on the VIP room thumbnails to switch to a different scene while staying in the same "category".
    • Maybe add some statistical bias for foreplay/bj scenes early in the evening, more towards sex later, without making it completely static (I assume it's fully random now).
    • Add finishers too.
The first 2 points are good ideas to consider, I gonna implement them in the future. The 3rd point sounds strange to me: finish is there already, just depends on openness. Maybe the time progress too fast to show them, but that's another story :)

• Perhaps draw some kind of timeline or progress bar for each day? There's the clock, but it takes a couple of cycles to grasp the 12-20-GO routine.
  • Visualize better that stuff is happening and the clock is ticking once you actually start club night. The first few times on that screen I had no idea what was going on :)
  • Highlight the skip controls and how they work somehow, especially on club night (I wasn't sure if I would lose money when skipping for a while).
  • No group scenes yet - I assume because the room or upgrade isn't in the game yet?
I got the idea regarding time controls. Just need to came up with an idea which won't need me to rebuild the UI from scratch. But definitely will try to enhance that.
Group scenes are there yet too, the thing is that you need to reach openness > 85 or something like that.

The no text bug while training is back again. It always happens to me with Lupe at the masturbate training. Her Description.json allows said action.
EDIT: Its not exclusive to Lupe.
Lord Phobos thank you for the hint, gonna recheck the new training flow.

- Found a small bug: I bought all the books straight away and this made the read list so long it "broke out" of the container and ended up outside the screen, and had to use the horizontal scrollbar that appeared to get to them. Problem went away once the list of reading materials shrunk a bit.
Nice catch! I should probably make the 2nd chapters available just once you actually read the 1st and so on.

- The new rooms cause a gameplay progression issue with old VC girlpacks (and those are all my packs right now). I don't get any options for interactions in the spa or bathroom at all, which I assume is because the new rooms require new packs . But the girls still go there and become unavailable for training a huge amount of the time now. To the point that I cant train some girls because they never seem to appear in the staff room. There already seemed to be a pattern in 0.3 that girls further down the list are less often available (either by design or accident) but anyway, I now have girls that are almost never trainable as they don't become available for entire days in a row. Maybe girlpacks without the new locations shouldn't go there, or at least less often. Or maybe ensure they at least visit every room every day. I'm not aware of any packs that take advantage of TUSC yet so we will probably be stuck with the old VC ones for a while yet.
You right. Gonna review the scheduling system to be more practical for 0.4.0.

Thank you guys so far for your feedbacks!

Reactions: hold30

qvb222

May 7, 2017
So, I tested 0.3.1 on a manjaro VM and it correctly starts.. maybe some missing libraries, I'm quite confused at this point to be honest.
That's what I meant when calling it an unhelpful error message. It gives no clue about what's actually wrong.

There are tons of games and programs that didn't start on the first attempt, but in almost all cases there is an error message that's help me quickly identify missing requirements or the need for workarounds. I'd say 90% of the time, I'll have it working in 5-10 minutes then.

In this case though, the game (or engine) deciding to be opaque about what's going on... it's just "doesn't work"

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
So, here is the first girlpack patch I was able to put together:
The patch is intended to be used on top of the existing made by CruddySculpin (credits for the original content).

The patch will add TUSC metadata, as well as gloryhole and spa performances. The new performances can be used in the actual 0.4 beta and will be compatible with further releases.

Cheers

Reactions: Loganfin and hold30

ZipoZipo

Jan 28, 2020
Cant start the game.
This popup jumps when i start the game:

Screenshot_2.jpg

And then the game starts, but cant start a game, or the settings. Only quit.
Tried to download from a dfferent source, still the same.

Werewind1e

May 21, 2020
BUG? So I was playing .4beta2 for a bit and now when I go to disposition it shows a blank screen and I can only exit to the menu. Anyone else encounter this?

Daggander

May 2, 2020
Does anyone know any girlpacks that works with TUSC? I realize all VC-packs technically work, but they don't really play well with the game. I found a Vicky Vette pack and the Daisy Haze patch, but thats it. Are there more?

Reactions: cantwakeup111

Werewind1e

May 21, 2020
Enhancement - On the Note of what Daggerander said above. Those girls that don't have spa, gym, or bath videos can you make then not go there during the day?

saucepan35

Jul 30, 2018
Been playing 0.4.0 beta2 some more with the pack that includes the spa and bathrooms some more. In general the new rooms seem to work great and I have had no issues with it. Though it is a bit hard to access at the moment because of how girls are never where you want them to be ;)

Gonna put my feedback in spoilers because because it got a bit long. I may also be commenting on some things that are just placeholder and therefore completely irrelevant etc.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
Hi all,
I read your messages guys, I just need to find some time to appropriately reply to everything.

In the meantime, I produced a new beta:

What's changed compared to beta2:
- fixed several bugs
- introduced bias on performances randomiser to prefer high tiers
- reviewed scheduler weights (keep girls in rooms if moving won't produce value to player)
- added Dildo gift for girls: this enable girls auto-training when they have openness >= 10
- added Bar/Lounge day view

What is still missing for 0.4 final:
- Filters/Sorting in staff view

Cheers

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes