jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
It seems unless you do native vr mode, oppese to desktop mode. You do not get the "walk through - story mode", unlike previous versions you got to do somethings; 25, 26, 28-30 all had this on by default (So I must be missing something or download is corrupted).

A buffer overflow engine error that has been present since v26+.
Start multiple instances and on the last open instance of the game randomly allows one to do things not able to normally do like walk outside the room to even get further than activate, as of v31.

A breakdown of v31. here if it has not been yet.

Zalasandre

Dec 23, 2017
Is there a way to buy this game ?
I really like it and i'm fine with paying money for a clean and always-updated version, but i'm not a fan of monthly subscription.

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
Is there a way to buy this game ?
I really like it and i'm fine with paying money for a clean and always-updated version, but i'm not a fan of monthly subscription.
Its also up on Itch, but he leaves it multiple versions behind to force people to use Patreon.

Strange that was taken out of the OP

Zalasandre

Dec 23, 2017
Its also up on Itch, but he leaves it multiple versions behind to force people to use Patreon.

Strange that was taken out of the OP
Thank's, what a shame , if it was only one version behind i could understand, but 3 versions behind... man...
I guess i'll stick with the f95 version until he changes that, i won't pay real money for a 1 year outdated thing.

Challenge

Donor
Aug 1, 2018
Opened this non-vr and all it does is spin in circles while I look at my feet.

Too bad; I like this sort of thing.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
Opened this non-vr and all it does is spin in circles while I look at my feet.

Too bad; I like this sort of thing.
I had this exact error in this and SinStory [XtreamAnim] the only commonality I found between them is that Unity was the game engine.

A fix;
close and exit (no tray icons present) of any software (steam, steam vr, other games, unity ide, ds4windows, etc.) that recognizes a controller as an input device or makes calls to the drivers of an input device that is seen as a controller, and the offending game.

then unplug all hardware controllers (removal of batteries works as well if wireless) and controller device adapters (like xbox wireless adapter for windows or similar hardware) plugged into system

start the offending application in this case (The Villain Simulator)

Then plug in controller adapters then the controllers themselves at game selection screen, not the logos screen but the screen where you select the game type (vr or desktop) to play

At this point the controller should be functional without spinning in game.

My thoughts (purely personal conjecture on my part), on why and where it does this on and off every so update. It wasn't just looking at the feet that triggers this; Triggers I have seen randomly,
by standing in the corner of where the windows meet over looking the city with back to "workspace",
by standing in between the window and "tool desk" looking at tool desk back against window,
by picking up any empty "milk" container full ones don't do this,

The calls made to load the controller and or drivers of controller, once initialized the joysticks start in a test state or trigger a test state as if it was being moved in a circle at some x,y axis location positions in game world.
A reinitialization of the software - hardware of controller seems to tell the game "I'm here no test state required during runtime".

3.60 star(s) 37 Votes