4.80 star(s) 14 Votes

Sylventhia

Game Developer
Nov 28, 2021
Been checking everyday. Any news?
The Update will be ready for release very soon! I have implemented the visuals to the code. :) There are some retrospective issues I'm taking care of before releasing it, that is what has been holding it back for a while. (Like, you know how affinity paths impose game-changing mechanics like changing your residence, disabling phone and map etc. right? Since with this update there will be 5 affinity paths in total, there are a lot of conflicts in the code and I'm trying to fix that :) ) So this is causing me to readjust some stuff in Isla's and Astrid's affinity content as well unfortunately :/

Reactions: leonwerto

cross933

Jan 22, 2018
I am extremely hyped too :D I swear I'm working my butt off to finish it asap. :D But since this is an Anniversary update I don't want to release a rushed mess :( There are a lot of scenes in this update so I'll also be writing a guide for each specifically for this update as well. In terms of getting the visuals I'm 90% finished, after that I'll just implement everything to the code, compose original soundtracks for Leah and Kurushi and playtest and we're good to go :) I hope that when it comes out it will meet everyone's expectations ^^ :giggle: I'm doing everything I can so that it releases before December ends.
nice always appreciate you work????

Reactions: Sylventhia

Sylventhia

Game Developer
Nov 28, 2021
That means the December update is gone

can i play it within a week
Hey! I don't quite understand what you mean by 'gone' ? :D The update will firstly be released for early access. Not a week, I'm hoping to release in a couple of days. Everything is roughly done. What's keeping me from releasing it is that since this update is basically 3.5 updates in one, there are a lot of bugs and game-breaking stuff for me to fix, and I'm only a solo developer :( Believe me, I gave it my best to release before December ended. I actually thought I would be able to release it 2 days ago. Leah's content alone has been causing so many problems with the code that I'm still trying to resolve that :(

dk900

Dec 29, 2017
Hey! I don't quite understand what you mean by 'gone' ? :D The update will firstly be released for early access. Not a week, I'm hoping to release in a couple of days. Everything is roughly done. What's keeping me from releasing it is that since this update is basically 3.5 updates in one, there are a lot of bugs and game-breaking stuff for me to fix, and I'm only a solo developer :( Believe me, I gave it my best to release before December ended. I actually thought I would be able to release it 2 days ago. Leah's content alone has been causing so many problems with the code that I'm still trying to resolve that :(
Dont crucnh yourself, take your time and Happy new year.

Sylventhia

Game Developer
Nov 28, 2021
amaya,yena

I love these two characters so much, Can you increase their part

Except NTR

No NTR
Hello! Thank you for the interest in the game, happy to hear that you have favourite characters ^^ If they are voted in the polls, I can make their affinity paths :) I already have at least 1 affinity path planned in my mind for each character, it's just that the order is decided through polls on Patreon :)
Amaya is getting an extension for one of her scenes in the upcoming update :)

I cannot say that I will exclude "X femdom kink/fetish" When I have always been saying each kink/fetish as long as they are femdom will be included in The Void of Deviance since the beginning :D

However you can rest assured that as long as you block NTR/Cuckold, you won't even be mentioned it in the game. You won't even know such scenes even exist when you're playing the game. I cannot do anything if they are mentioned in discord chat or f95 forum though, I just can hope that people will flag it with spoiler tags :) <3
I hope you can understand <3

bigbadboylollol

Nov 18, 2020
What he probably means is that he joined patreon for early access because he believed that there will be an update in December but now that the update will be coming in January, he will either have to subscribe for another month for January or just wait for public release. Either way, he got nothing for his December subscription. This kind of thing is the reason why a lot of devs promise monthly releases or at least some sort of extra content or polls per month where patreons get to influence the game development so patreons don't feel like they are paying for months of nothing. If in fact you look at one of the reasons patreon asks people who cancel their subscriptions to give, its "developer hasn't been as active as I thought", i.e. they feel like they don't get their money's worth of content. Now that doesn't mean that they don't know that the dev is probably working their asses off behind their scenes to get a big update out, but its just that it isn't materializing into tangible monthly benefits so they decide to wait till the month where there is an update/poll/content before they re-subscribe. That's why most devs would rather do smaller but more frequent updates, such as monthly updates, or bi-monthly updates with alternating months of polls in between so that subscribers find their money's worth. Something you should consider as well really.

Last edited:

Sylventhia

Game Developer
Nov 28, 2021
What he probably means is that he joined patreon for early access because he believed that there will be an update in December but now that the update will be coming in January, he will either have to subscribe for another month for January or just wait for public release. Either way, he got nothing for his December subscription. This kind of thing is the reason why a lot of devs promise monthly releases or at least some sort of extra content or polls per month where patreons get to influence the game development so patreons don't feel like they are paying for months of nothing. If in fact you look at one of the reasons patreon asks people who cancel their subscriptions to give, its "developer hasn't been as active as I thought", i.e. they feel like they don't get their money's worth of content. Now that doesn't mean that they don't know that the dev is probably working their asses off behind their scenes to get a big update out, but its just that it isn't materializing into tangible monthly benefits so they decide to wait till the month where there is an update/poll/content before they re-subscribe. That's why most devs would rather do smaller but more frequent updates, such as monthly updates, or bi-monthly updates with alternating months of polls in between so that subscribers find their money's worth. Something you should consider as well really.
There isn't a single point that I can disagree with in your comment, believe me, I understand and try my best to empathize with the consumer's perspective. But as you have said, there's also the developer side of this perspective. As a solo developer, I have to devise and write the scenes, the code, visualise the scenes and get those visuals, do animations, compose and record original soundtrack and combine all of this in the final code. Simultaneously, I have to meet academic deadlines and have to attend lectures, while also having a side part time job to make ends meet. I am incredibly passionate about this project and as an Anniversary update I wanted it to have an impact. I often mention that I am not a professional coder, therefore when trying out different features and mechanics for the game I usually improvise or try to learn more stuff online to actualise my plans for the game. I didn't have much knowledge on sufficiently using Patreon, and probably still don't. But with the release of this update I will be switching to subscription based billing so that new patrons won't have to pay twice if they subscribed before the end of a month. I try to be as active and transparent as possible on the game's discord server about the development process. I'm not trying to bait people into false hopes or empty promises. Just because there are restrictive filters in the game some people can even think that an update was not worth it as it had little content whereas if played without filtering the scenes, the content amount would basically be tripled. I cannot be the judge of how easy or difficult things would look from my perspective, it would not be objective. I am just hoping that my ambition and passion for this project is reflected across :) Thank you for the comment. <3

Sylventhia

Game Developer
Nov 28, 2021
The Void of Deviance 0.1.7 Anniversary Update is now released for Early Access on Patreon!

Changelog:

-Overall adjustments to locations.

-1 new location that acts as a gateway to two different locations. (Similar to the Dojo Room, these locations have minor functions yet.)

-Overall adjustment to the code (Day passing at the end of events such as the one at Equilibrium Institute)

-ACT button limitation: You cannot interact with other characters’ ACT button (Currently among Isla, Leah, Sarah, Astrid, Kurushi) if you are “Bonding” with another character’s affinity path. This is to prevent the game from bugging out even more.

-Affinity content restriction lift: You can now view previous scenes of your own accord even if permanent changes have been made to the MC. You can think of it as a “Memory/Gallery” interaction

-Minigame balance = Now the minigame buttons will work based on the corresponding B.D.S.M. stat level. If you have level 0 B.D.S.M. stat, the button will not add any points and won't work. For example if the minigame includes a scene where you need to act like an object (like a chair) your Mutatio Level will influence the button

-4 new original soundtracks.

-Astrid Bondage > Condemnation Ending: Earn enough condemnation points during Astrid’s slavery to trigger an ending scene.

-Isla’s Intimacy : A new scene has been added to Isla’s level 4 Intimacy. As well as a small Condemnation interaction to her Intimacy path. (This interaction is purely dialogue based)

-Amaya’s Condemnation: A scene has been added for this path

-Claire Buy interaction: Accessible after a certain option during the event at the Gym

-Gym Event: After Day 30, the event at the Gym is accessible

-Sylventhure Event: After Day 26, the event at Sylventhure is accessible

-Kurushi Devotion Affinity Path

-Sarah Devotion Affinity Path

-Leah Bondage Affinity Path

I guess that is about it for the Changelog :)
Thank you all sooo soo much for all the love, support and the interest you have shown to this project. <3 <3 <3

Last edited:

decerto113

Sep 4, 2018
Unless I am mistaken there is no way to get
kurushi.affinitytier == "devotionthree"
as it gets set inside
scene kurushi_devotion_life
but the only way to get that is from the menu option
"INTERLUDES" if kurushi.affinitytier == "devotionthree":
which can never be satisified.

Also in

In astridbondage line 1248
if astrid affinitytier == "": needs to be if astrid.affinitytier == "":

Also

Similar situation with leah as with kurushi, not being able to get leah_bondage_life

Last edited:
Reactions: Sylventhia

Sylventhia

Game Developer
Nov 28, 2021
Unless I am mistaken there is no way to get
kurushi.affinitytier == "devotionthree"
as it gets set inside
scene kurushi_devotion_life
but the only way to get that is from the menu option
"INTERLUDES" if kurushi.affinitytier == "devotionthree":
which can never be satisified.

Also in

In astridbondage line 1248
if astrid affinitytier == "": needs to be if astrid.affinitytier == "":
OH my god... So sorry about that Astrid typo... Cannot believe I made that error.... I didn't understand the Kurushi one though ? :( you should be able to get it after the change of life scene, not in any other way :( I'm so sorry for the mistake :cry: But thank you so much for pointing these out <3

Reactions: Tapurala

Sylventhia

Game Developer
Nov 28, 2021
i've been keep getting this bug in patreon. Is there any other way to reach 1.6 update
Oh no... :( I'm so sorry that you are experiencing such an issue. Could it be due to payment method? I have no idea unfortunately :( Sometimes Patreon can bug out on me too. I was not able to access Patreon chat last month for 2 days. Maybe it will be resolved in time hopefully?

4.80 star(s) 14 Votes