RPGM Abandoned The Way Out [v0.16] [S&T Interactions]

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

bigmeme221

Nov 1, 2019
I'm quite enjoying myself and I'm very much interested. (y) When can we expect the next update? And will the Next update involving Faraday

Reactions: S&T

judgenot93

Feb 9, 2019
it's great so far. i would like to see some more choices going forward, but if it's an either or thing i'll prefer quick updates ;)

aqvaman

Mar 3, 2019
I've enjoyed playing through the current content and since you asked for feedback, here's my 2 cents:

- The story itself and the writing are quite good, I can;t wait for the next update (even if I'll have to :p )
- The renders look pretty good and much more realistic than most of the other games I've played.
- As far as the execution goes whoever, I would change a few things. For starters I don't understand why this needs to be an RPGM game; all your actions are fixed, you can't do anything meaningful before another meaningful action, so it's basically just wasting the time to actually move the character between point A and point B. There's nothing to discover, nothing to investigate, so I'm guessing it's your way of making it more of a "game" then a "visual novel", but I don't think that's necessary. During the entire game's dialogue you have only one choice and I'm not even sure if that changes anything except the NPC's immediate answer. I'm not sure how you plan to continue this, but from what I've seen so far making it a ren'py game might have made it if not better at least more convenient and here's why: the ability to quickly save is a great one to have for when life happens; in RPGM you have to wait until the saving option becomes available. Secondly, I sometimes involuntarily click my mouse button; in a ren'py game, one can easily scroll backwards to see the missed dialogue.
From my point of view there's nothing wrong with a good visual novel, so I don't see the reason in trying to hide it behind unnecessary interactions that probably wast your time in creating them as well the player's time in going through them.

That being said, i still enjoyed the game and I'll play the next version no matter what engine it's made with.

S&T

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2021
I'm quite enjoying myself and I'm very much interested. (y) When can we expect the next update? And will the Next update involving Faraday
Thank you kindly. Regarding next update, here: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-way-out-v0-16-s-t-interactions.86672/post-6071749
I don't expect Mrs Faraday will appear in the next update but there will be enough other...adventures.
I promise Emma's calendar is pretty full ;)

I've enjoyed playing through the current content and since you asked for feedback, here's my 2 cents:

- The story itself and the writing are quite good, I can;t wait for the next update (even if I'll have to :p )
- The renders look pretty good and much more realistic than most of the other games I've played.
- As far as the execution goes whoever, I would change a few things. For starters I don't understand why this needs to be an RPGM game; all your actions are fixed, you can't do anything meaningful before another meaningful action, so it's basically just wasting the time to actually move the character between point A and point B. There's nothing to discover, nothing to investigate, so I'm guessing it's your way of making it more of a "game" then a "visual novel", but I don't think that's necessary. During the entire game's dialogue you have only one choice and I'm not even sure if that changes anything except the NPC's immediate answer. I'm not sure how you plan to continue this, but from what I've seen so far making it a ren'py game might have made it if not better at least more convenient and here's why: the ability to quickly save is a great one to have for when life happens; in RPGM you have to wait until the saving option becomes available. Secondly, I sometimes involuntarily click my mouse button; in a ren'py game, one can easily scroll backwards to see the missed dialogue.
From my point of view there's nothing wrong with a good visual novel, so I don't see the reason in trying to hide it behind unnecessary interactions that probably wast your time in creating them as well the player's time in going through them.

That being said, i still enjoyed the game and I'll play the next version no matter what engine it's made with.
Regarding the renders - in all honesty, there's a few of them I'm very happy with but also some that might not really be the way I'd like them so I'll likely redo some of them down the road but not in focus right now. That will be while polishing a lot closer to 1.0.

Re: engine there's a bit of insight here: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-way-out-v0-16-s-t-interactions.86672/post-6069104
Not saying you're wrong but there was a thought process behind going for RPGM, then of course people can agree or disagree with it. I accept that but it is what it is, always going to come down to personal preference one way or another.

Thanks for the taking the time to play and taking the time to comment!

realjitter

Jun 21, 2021
Yay, Domination, submission, humiliation, hazing, lezdom (well, it's not lezdom but...)
There's just so much stuff you can potentially include if it fits the overall setting...(Human ashtray, forced orgasms/masturbation, spitting, slapping, domestic things...)
I haven't read all of it yet so i'm not sure what you're ultimatly going for with this other than it's supposed to be some sort of a "Cinderella story" . Well, whatever it is i'm gonna read it since there isn't (surprisingly) much fetish stuff on this site other than incest which i couldn't care less about =)

Apr 22, 2020
I like it so far. The art is good, the characters each have a distinctive identity even when they have to share the spotlight with the rest of the cast, and the story is interesting. I prefer when the sub gets the option to enjoy being a sub, but it's not an issue.

My only nitpick is that I really, really can't stand when supposedly dominant characters impose something on a sub and then act as if it was the sub's idea.

Like, I'm not talking about them saying that MC is a slut/whore/etc or that it's in her nature to be weak/submissive/obedient, that's just part of the course as a way to demean the sub.I'm talking about moments such as when they make MC wears a collar and cuffs and the school lady who LITERALY gave her approval on the "MC don't get a choice and must obey everything" goes "oh I can't believe you would do this, MC". I'm aware that it's a me thing, but it takes me right out of the scene and make me feel the character is an utter moron who doesn't know how dominating someone works. I get straight up imposing something on the submissive, I get giving the submissive the choice between doing X thing and doing something way worse so they comply, and I absolutely get the "order something of the sub then taunt them for not resisting/for obeying so easily". But ordering something then acting as if it was the sub's idea makes it look like the order-giver is either out of touch with reality or trying to impersonate a clever manipulator IMO, and neither are attractive for a dominant as far as I'm concerned.

It's notable because most of this game doesn't contain that, so the couple times it does stand out.

The "good girl training" scene is particularly well done and hot.

So all in all this story is pretty nice, there's just those couple instances that irked me in what was otherwise an enjoyable experience.

I'd give it a solid 9 out of 10 for what's here so far, a pretty great instance in the category of linear storylines early in their development.

Deleted member 2164995

Creator of Yuri games, cause why not?
Mar 30, 2020
I feel super honored after playing the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What's funny? that right after that was my fav. part!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyways besides the fact that I'm still honored by the honorable mention ;p

I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of VNs. However, I did enjoy this one and I hope to see more great things from you. It's great for what it is.

Don't expect much choice when you play this game because at this time it feels more of a VN than anything.

I may be biased because I really like this niche of a genre. Lesbian, feet, femdom, and such. But, I know you may go a different route and add men which is fine but my advice is to do as you please, it's your game and I'm here for the ride.

Good luck!

Reactions: OuterZone and S&T

mide

Nov 28, 2017
i would love this game so damn much if it wasnt rpgm, this really should have been renpy. but im still having a good time with it.

Anonymous100

Jul 7, 2017
Will there be chance of being able to select the MC's gender in a future version or will this always be a female protag game?

S&T

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2021
Like, I'm not talking about them saying that MC is a slut/whore/etc or that it's in her nature to be weak/submissive/obedient, that's just part of the course as a way to demean the sub.I'm talking about moments such as when they make MC wears a collar and cuffs and the school lady who LITERALY gave her approval on the "MC don't get a choice and must obey everything" goes "oh I can't believe you would do this, MC". I'm aware that it's a me thing, but it takes me right out of the scene and make me feel the character is an utter moron who doesn't know how dominating someone works. I get straight up imposing something on the submissive, I get giving the submissive the choice between doing X thing and doing something way worse so they comply, and I absolutely get the "order something of the sub then taunt them for not resisting/for obeying so easily". But ordering something then acting as if it was the sub's idea makes it look like the order-giver is either out of touch with reality or trying to impersonate a clever manipulator IMO, and neither are attractive for a dominant as far as I'm concerned.
It's an interesting point and to some extent it's a personal preference thing I suppose. The intention with that specific interaction isn't really "I can't believe you would do this" but more "I can't believe you'd let this get done to you". I'll go back and re-read that though, perhaps it doesn't come across that way? I agree that claiming the MC has done something that they haven't damages the immersion.

The "good girl training" scene is particularly well done and hot.
I really, really enjoyed writing that one - there'll be more good girl training! :)

[/QUOTE]
Will there be chance of being able to select the MC's gender in a future version or will this always be a female protag game?
Sorry no, this one will be female protagonist. I enjoy malesub content as well but that will be for another project down the line.

Apr 22, 2020
It's an interesting point and to some extent it's a personal preference thing I suppose.
Oh it's absolutely a personal preference thing.

The intention with that specific interaction isn't really "I can't believe you would do this" but more "I can't believe you'd let this get done to you". I'll go back and re-read that though, perhaps it doesn't come across that way? I agree that claiming the MC has done something that they haven't damages the immersion.
Well IMO even if it's "I can't believe you'd let this get done to you" it's still pretty weird because a) MC literally cannot do anything but let this get done to her b) the school lady was literally the one who gave the others the "do whatever as long as you're not sending her to the hospital" talk c) MC literally talked with school lady about her situation and school lady was the one who told her she had to keep doing that. But that's just my opinion.

I really, really enjoyed writing that one - there'll be more good girl training! :)
Good news, everyone!

Taimant

Nov 26, 2018
i loved it :love::love::love:

finally a game with some amazeing D/s (y)(y)
plz, please, PLEASE keep on going with that story :giggle:

Reactions: SoSiHi

yoici

Apr 25, 2021
Not working for me, the redhead girl just disappear on day 6 so I can't call them all to dinner, might be because I'm not on mobile

Reactions: Kazila

banished

Jun 27, 2018
Ah yes. This is a game/demo I really enjoyed playing for a few reasons. The character writing is great, the right kinks for me are there, it's not a picture slideshow, but maybe most importantly the character is plausibly falling into submission because of the environment. I also love that it's F/F and probably free of all the vanilla sex tropes you can find every where else on the internet and in real life. Really taking advantage of the medium here ;)

Probably my favorite game on this site so far even above the much more developed Darktoz and Hennisart titles (which I still recommend).

Good luck dev!

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes