• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
What game you talking about?
This one to my knowledge the mc has two sisters an older one and a younger one not to sure of there exact ages so i was curious if we got to bang either sister that led to a discussion about if she was underage its been a while since i played so im unsure if she is

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018

The Way 0.21. Progress Report.
Hello, friends! I want to share with you the progress of development. I'm sorry, but 0.21 will contain a continuation of only one path (Path-A). This is due to the fact that I had to make new locations from scratch. Four new locations. I've finished two locations, I still have two locations to do. Also, the first scene in the update took a long time to complete and contained a lot of reflective, light-reflective objects. And one render took about two hours.
But I will try to make 0.21 interesting. And the update for one branch will be more than usual.
You are entirely forgiven for who is in the car.

Also sorry about the "This Dev" thing. I had been up for about 20 hour right then.

Keldar

Jul 23, 2018
Wow total disappointment with this game which I played for the first time with release 0.06 and now release 0.20. After 14+ releases the game has progressed exactly 1 day. The added prologue with the 3 city girls ruins the who dialogue with Estelle and how you were best friends and so close at school. Really because You never see her at all before your going away party. And so much effort to add characters that leave right away seems pointless. A few "memory/dream" stills of a past summer day with some girls at a swimming hole would have been faster and not created such a contradiction with Estelle and allowed future introduction of the characters, to have meaning for the MC. Seeing the game only progress one day after the going away party kinda ruined the game for me. Such slow progression over so many months means no one characters have changed. I can really see just how much the choice to release two style version of the game has hurt this project. And based on the changes from 0.06 to 0.20s it appears the developer doesn't know what a storyboard is so the story seems to be written in tiny spits and spurts between releases which makes it feel like the developer is winging it, just tacking on bits of story here and there and doesn't know what the plan is. The MC's dialogue makes him unlikeable but I am suppose to buy he is a hero? That just illustrates how the writing feels tacked on from release to release vs part of an over arching narrative.

I was saving this game, waiting for it to mature as I though the story could go somewhere in 0.06 but didn't want to get tiny pieces of content dripping in rather wait for a while to get closer to a reals story but what I got was almost no story or character or relationship progression compared to 0.06. major disapointment.

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
Wow total disappointment with this game which I played for the first time with release 0.06 and now release 0.20. After 14+ releases the game has progressed exactly 1 day. The added prologue with the 3 city girls ruins the who dialogue with Estelle and how you were best friends and so close at school. Really because You never see her at all before your going away party. And so much effort to add characters that leave right away seems pointless. A few "memory/dream" stills of a past summer day with some girls at a swimming hole would have been faster and not created such a contradiction with Estelle and allowed future introduction of the characters, to have meaning for the MC. Seeing the game only progress one day after the going away party kinda ruined the game for me. Such slow progression over so many months means no one characters have changed. I can really see just how much the choice to release two style version of the game has hurt this project. And based on the changes from 0.06 to 0.20s it appears the developer doesn't know what a storyboard is so the story seems to be written in tiny spits and spurts between releases which makes it feel like the developer is winging it, just tacking on bits of story here and there and doesn't know what the plan is. The MC's dialogue makes him unlikeable but I am suppose to buy he is a hero? That just illustrates how the writing feels tacked on from release to release vs part of an over arching narrative.

I was saving this game, waiting for it to mature as I though the story could go somewhere in 0.06 but didn't want to get tiny pieces of content dripping in rather wait for a while to get closer to a reals story but what I got was almost no story or character or relationship progression compared to 0.06. major disapointment.
First I read your review of my game. And I thought, yes, constructive criticism. Then you left your post in this thread, and some of the comments were stupid, like writing dialogues. I think 99 out of 100 developers are writing texts from release to release. And even those who have fully finished dialogs, they will edit them from release to release.
Then I looked at your comments in other threads, and it turns out you're pouring shit on the games in every topic, and trying to look smart.
Just chill, man.

lamarks

Feb 9, 2018
First I read your review of my game. And I thought, yes, constructive criticism. Then you left your post in this thread, and some of the comments were stupid, like writing dialogues. I think 99 out of 100 developers are writing texts from release to release. And even those who have fully finished dialogs, they will edit them from release to release.
Then I looked at your comments in other threads, and it turns out you're pouring shit on the games in every topic, and trying to look smart.
Just chill, man.
Thank you, I make my own words. I am full of reading "criticism" with no concept and trying to denigrate others. thank you very much! success and success + success always for you at all.

Reactions: Zee95

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
Thank you, I make my own words. I am full of reading "criticism" with no concept and trying to denigrate others. thank you very much! success and success + success always for you at all.
Thnx a lot, buddy)

Reactions: lamarks

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
Updates.

Hello, friends! I'd like your opinion. How do I best release updates? Maybe you want me to release for example 3-5 updates of one branch (game time of one update is 45-60 minutes), and finished this branch, then 3-5 updates of the second branch of the game, and so on. Or leave everything as it was before.

Release updates by one branch to the end.

Release the updates the way you did before.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
@Zee95 i think you have forgot to put the link to your patreon where you can vote. is the link to that

Samrat Dutta

Mar 5, 2017
Hello Everyone, I somehow lost my save file. Would anyone of you kindly share the save after v0.19 with Path A or B. Appreciated! :(

Keldar

Jul 23, 2018
Just chill, man.
If you think what I said means you have to have the entire game written, then you don't know what a storyboard is. Your game feels clucky in the dialogue because you get ideas and tack them on. This creates contradictions or breaks the flow of the story, it is best illustrated with Estelle. Using a storyboard to track the story mitigates these issues. My guess is you completely forgot about how Estelle and the MC interacted when you added in the summer before the going away party because based on what is shown & told in the game, you get a bizarre contradiction. The MC doesn't think about or mention Estelle at all for a big chunk of the available content of the game as it stands today, then she is introduced and the MC mentions how important she is and that they are best friends. Yet we were told Tyrone was the MC best friend and we are shown this is the case by the interactions of previous summer events.

A storyboard with a brief outline of important character info that you tell the player with each introduction, as well as important character and/or plot developments in the scene would allowed you to see if I insert story element at X how does the impact the story and assuming you read the storyboard completely through you can see, conflicts more easily. There is a reason why visual media uses storyboards, because that we see tells us important story elements as well. In writing a story it is important to do an outline so you know how the story will progress so you can write the plot and character development with the arching goals of the story in mind. To be clear an outline isn't writing the story before hand it is the most basic arc of the story written down so you have a reference as you wont remember everything at any given moment when you get an idea, the outline will anchor things, allowing you to see if an idea fits as is, needs modification or is best discarded for a future project. lack of a storyboard/outline is why the MC's Dialogue feels off because ideas come in, you write him for the idea in mind but not for how the new idea fits within the greater context of the game. This creates a situation where the MC acts/speaks in completely contradictory ways. The two easiest examples are Tyrone and Estelle are his best friends and he sometimes comes across as a heroic guy like the MC in acting lessons other times he comes across as a complete douche like Max in big brother. Big brother and Acting lessons are two good examples of MCs that work, so I am not coitizing that your MC is one or the other my criticism is that he cycles between the two. It makes the story less than what it could have been. Also I'm not saying if you have a "heroic" Character he can't have flaws.

Are you seriously telling me that my criticism of this is me just "pouring shit" on your game? I've said my piece and will go. If you tracked my post history you can see I say what I believe about a game, make my case then leave, I do not troll or badger people.

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
If you think what I said means you have to have the entire game written, then you don't know what a storyboard is. Your game feels clucky in the dialogue because you get ideas and tack them on. This creates contradictions or breaks the flow of the story, it is best illustrated with Estelle. Using a storyboard to track the story mitigates these issues. My guess is you completely forgot about how Estelle and the MC interacted when you added in the summer before the going away party because based on what is shown & told in the game, you get a bizarre contradiction. The MC doesn't think about or mention Estelle at all for a big chunk of the available content of the game as it stands today, then she is introduced and the MC mentions how important she is and that they are best friends. Yet we were told Tyrone was the MC best friend and we are shown this is the case by the interactions of previous summer events.

A storyboard with a brief outline of important character info that you tell the player with each introduction, as well as important character and/or plot developments in the scene would allowed you to see if I insert story element at X how does the impact the story and assuming you read the storyboard completely through you can see, conflicts more easily. There is a reason why visual media uses storyboards, because that we see tells us important story elements as well. In writing a story it is important to do an outline so you know how the story will progress so you can write the plot and character development with the arching goals of the story in mind. To be clear an outline isn't writing the story before hand it is the most basic arc of the story written down so you have a reference as you wont remember everything at any given moment when you get an idea, the outline will anchor things, allowing you to see if an idea fits as is, needs modification or is best discarded for a future project. lack of a storyboard/outline is why the MC's Dialogue feels off because ideas come in, you write him for the idea in mind but not for how the new idea fits within the greater context of the game. This creates a situation where the MC acts/speaks in completely contradictory ways. The two easiest examples are Tyrone and Estelle are his best friends and he sometimes comes across as a heroic guy like the MC in acting lessons other times he comes across as a complete douche like Max in big brother. Big brother and Acting lessons are two good examples of MCs that work, so I am not coitizing that your MC is one or the other my criticism is that he cycles between the two. It makes the story less than what it could have been. Also I'm not saying if you have a "heroic" Character he can't have flaws.

Are you seriously telling me that my criticism of this is me just "pouring shit" on your game? I've said my piece and will go. If you tracked my post history you can see I say what I believe about a game, make my case then leave, I do not troll or badger people.
After you rated my game, I read it, and I put a "like" on your feedback. Even though it was only two stars. I thought your review was reasonable. And everyone has the right to have an opinion.
You can also read other reviews and see that many people praise the story of the game.
About the first release. Yes, Estelle was MC's best friend in it, but I thought the guy should have a best friend - a guy, not a girl, but Estelle - a neighbor to whom the protagonist has sympathy.
About the sketch (plot)... I have this document with the script of the game. In which the main character in one situation leaves on the second day to study, in another situation does suicide, in the third runs away from home, and in the fourth goes to prison. But various criticisms, then some rules of the patreon made me change the plot.
Now I have a clear vision of the game, how I want to write it and how I want to finish it. This time, I won't pay attention to criticism, but I'll just do my job. After all, just one comment criticizing how the protagonist lost his virginity, forced me to make an introduction. And I do not regret it. Many people like this scene by the lake. The only key finder is probably not the best idea. But we learn from our mistakes. I try to do better.
As for stupid dialogues, I won't argue. Probably so it is, you are not the first who says it. Apparently, I need to improve my skills in writing dialogues. And with writing plot, I think I have no problems. Thank you for your feedback.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Here's my unofficial compressed Android port of The Way v0.20a (231.79MB)
Report bugs, issues and requests for this Android port in a private message, and I'll look in to it.

This is without the incest patch applied.
If there's enough demand, I'll compile a version with the incest patch.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
DOWNLOAD (arm version for most phone and tablet users, x86_64 for Chromebook and some AndroidTV users)
arm: - -
x86_64: - -

PS: If you like this game, consider supporting the developer on his . Even $1 helps!
If you're broke, or just cheap, you can also support the developer by leaving a like in OP and leaving a review.

Reactions: dE_VoYd and Zee95

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
Here's my unofficial compressed Android port of The Way v0.20a (231.79MB)
Report bugs, issues and requests for this Android port in a private message, and I'll look in to it.

This is without the incest patch applied.
If there's enough demand, I'll compile a version with the incest patch.
DOWNLOAD (arm version for most phone and tablet users, x86_64 for Chromebook and some AndroidTV users)
arm: - -
x86_64: - -

Edit: Updated (~1h after post was made) Added Back, Q.Save and Q.Load to the quick menu. I've successfully played through 1 out of 3 routes (the kidnapping route) on my Samsung Galaxy S8 with no issues. I'll give the other routes a try after I get some sleep!

PS: If you like this game, consider supporting the developer on his . Even $1 helps!
If you're broke, or just cheap, you can also support the developer by leaving a like in OP and leaving a review.
THNX a lot, buddy! I really appreciate ur help!

3.70 star(s) 44 Votes