Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
your game
your game is not trully boring, this is top on f95zone
THNX, bud! Really nice to see it... Unfortunately, few people are ready to promote the development of the game so far. But as I wrote, development doesn't stop. It will also continue. I'm just going to spend some time on my second project. Maybe the second project will be more financially successful.

Last edited:

zielony2

Dec 16, 2017
THNX, bud! Really nice to see it... Unfortunately, few people are ready to promote the development of the game so far. But like I wrote, development doesn't stop. It will also continue. I'm just going to spend some time on my second project. Maybe the second project will be more financially successful.
so, finally, wishing good luck with both of them

Reactions: Zee95

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
As you may have noticed, my game isn't going very well, judging by the presence of patrons, I conclude that the game is boring, the story is boring. I'm always looking at the analysis, comparing it with other games. And I can see that some thrash game is raising more than a thousand bucks a month in a few months. And it's a little frustrating seeing the work of these developers and looking at my work. At this stage, developing the game is causing me some pretty big losses. It's like an unpopular series that is being closed after the first season. And you're all witnesses that I tried. I tried my best.
I don't know if starting a side project is a good idea, two projects as the same time means more time between updates.
I like The Way, It's better than you're goblin MC nº2188003 and your objetive is to bang your entire family kind of game, but who knows what kind of game is gonna be popular?
Trying to make a game is hard, trying to make a successful one is the source of countless unfinished projects here.

Have you tried making some advertisment in other sites? You can try reddit and the chans to start with.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
I don't know if starting a side project is a good idea, two projects as the same time means more time between updates.
I like The Way, It's better than you're goblin MC nº2188003 and your objetive is to bang your entire family kind of game, but who knows what kind of game is gonna be popular?
Trying to make a game is hard, trying to make a successful one is the source of countless unfinished projects here.

Have you tried making some advertisment in other sites? You can try reddit and the chans to start with.
It's not the final decision yet. I don't want to bother myself and work until I'm exhausted. I want to spend a little time sometimes, maybe half an hour a day, maybe a little more. Let's see. I don't know when I'll release the demo for the next game yet. It's just thoughts and ideas...
And no, I haven't promoted the game on other sites.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
OK... First of all, you know how I like The Way. I like it enough to look up to heaven every time you ask us to stop our pledges :p

On the other hand, you must have noticed, your game is very dark.
For the moment, we have an MC who is absolutely unsure of himself and you are dealing with kidnapping, rape, death. Um, have you forgotten that you're on a fap material forum? :LOL:

I sincerely think that most people don't care how realistic your images are, that the grass is the greenest, that the shadders are so realistic, that the lights are absolutely "natural". What they want is a story where they fucked and had many lovers. You know, a Disney tale for adults, the very opposite of real life :LOL: Good models help, good renders too. But good does not mean "perfectly realistic". And with that, a solid story that is not too dark (you know, without kidnapping nor murder on the second day :LOL:).

In any case, I would be unable to advise you on anything. I am not very creative by nature and often lack ideas. One thing is for sure, even if I'm not a big fan of multi-productions, I can understand very well those who create 2 games in parallel. It helps to have regular cuts that facilitate new ideas (uh... I was clear there? :rolleyes:).

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
OK... First of all, you know how I like The Way. I like it enough to look up to heaven every time you ask us to stop our pledges :p

For the moment, we have an MC who is absolutely unsure of himself and you are dealing with kidnapping, rape, death. Um, have you forgotten that you're on a fap material forum? :LOL:

I sincerely think that most people don't care how realistic your images are, that the grass is the greenest, that the shadders are so realistic, that the lights are absolutely "natural". What they want is a story where they fucked and had many lovers. You know, a Disney tale for adults, the very opposite of real life :LOL: Good models help, good renders too. But good does not mean "perfectly realistic". And with that, a solid story that is not too dark (you know, without kidnapping nor murder on the second day :LOL:).

In any case, I would be unable to advise you on anything. I am not very creative by nature and often lack ideas. One thing is for sure, even if I'm not a big fan of multi-productions, I can understand very well those who create 2 games in parallel. It helps to have regular cuts that facilitate new ideas (uh... I was clear there? :rolleyes:).
Yes, it's very clear and understandable.)
Initially it was a hobby, an idea to try to make a game. And the first idea was on the engine TK 17, where you do not need to spend much time on rendering. Only posing and loading scenes. I could afford to do three or four branches of the game at once. But now I can only make a full-fledged continuation of one branch in the update, and it seems that people do not like it. I made a poll. Now, before each update, people will vote for a particular branch. Let's see how things go next.
About the second game. If I do the second project, I will not do it to the detriment of the first.

ljz781212

May 26, 2018

agreed. the storys are excellent but a little frustrating, as we know the player like to take the place of MC when playing. and second the Renders are not bright enough compared with other popular games here.

Reactions: Zee95

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I like "The Way"

I may be wrong, but I am kind of sure that this game "The Way" got remade once or twice? I have liked all versions.

I think a lot of game devs do themselves a disservice by not pre-planning out a game.

Having all the story beats, dialogue, character choices, path divergence and convergences pre-planned and coded/written out before even starting to render a single image makes any progress on a game purely based upon how fast your PC can render.

This allows you to change things if you need to, but again keeps you easily on pace. If you aren't doing this, I suggest you do, if you are, then sorry for preaching.

I also think having so much stop and go right now rather than getting deep in a path hurts the game. If a player likes path A, it gets to a cliff hanger, waits 3 updates and it is now just barely past the cliff hanger, they won't be happy (not saying this is your game). As a developer it partially hampers your game. So imagine it like a book, right now a page gets done (a path) then swaps to the next page. Instead maybe do a whole path up until the next "chapter" then go and do another path to that point, and then the third, then again move onto chapter 3, etc.

Again sorry if you are already doing this.

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
I like "The Way"

I may be wrong, but I am kind of sure that this game "The Way" got remade once or twice? I have liked all versions.

I think a lot of game devs do themselves a disservice by not pre-planning out a game.

Having all the story beats, dialogue, character choices, path divergence and convergences pre-planned and coded/written out before even starting to render a single image makes any progress on a game purely based upon how fast your PC can render.

This allows you to change things if you need to, but again keeps you easily on pace. If you aren't doing this, I suggest you do, if you are, then sorry for preaching.

I also think having so much stop and go right now rather than getting deep in a path hurts the game. If a player likes path A, it gets to a cliff hanger, waits 3 updates and it is now just barely past the cliff hanger, they won't be happy (not saying this is your game). As a developer it partially hampers your game. So imagine it like a book, right now a page gets done (a path) then swaps to the next page. Instead maybe do a whole path up until the next "chapter" then go and do another path to that point, and then the third, then again move onto chapter 3, etc.

Again sorry if you are already doing this.
Thank you, I'm open to any criticism or advice. And this is a very interesting proposal to make updates to the end of certain chapters in the life of the MC.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Thank you, I'm open to any criticism or advice. And this is a very interesting proposal to make updates to the end of certain chapters in the life of the MC.
Some devs make self limiting decisions.

Like when they say monthly updates, and of course when they get to those update times, maybe they miss that time frame, or they had to make it smaller, etc. These things hurt the credibility of the dev, the game, and even the devs mental state. Forever having to try and rush to keep to a schedule that the patreons/forum goers will rant and rave about if you are even a day over.

Instead you can look at Heavy Five, or Philly games, etc. Large chunks get put out, so the player has a bunch to do, a lot to replay (if there are multiple paths) etc. To entertain them until the next release.

As you have said, this is or started as a hobby. Don't burn yourself out on it, make what you can, when you can and just do a large output even if it is every 3 months or whatever. Just make sure to keep in touch every once in a while with your patreons/forum posters so they don't feel neglected. Plus having a longer schedule lets you be able to try new things, and if they don't work out, oh well, no big deal.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
THE WAY - VERSION 0.24A BY ZEE95

Changelog:

Animations: 8

Text: ~800 lines

Playing time ~30min.

• 2550 megabytes
  • 281 downloads
Circulating the multiverse with intent to arrive here ... some day;)

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017

1.jpg

Changelog:
Animations: 8
Text: ~800 lines
Playing time ~30min.
Text edited by Doug Dastardly.

In this update, I've added some new sex mechanic. Perhaps I will further improve it.
And as I wrote earlier, I had a lot of main job this month. So the update is a little shorter than usual. The next update will also be a continuation of the branch - A. Have fun. Hope you'll enjoy this update.
Best regards.

Official versions
English
PC version: ,
Mac version: ,

Russian

Unofficial little things
Patch 0.23a to 0.24a english and only from 0.23a! (2019 06 30)
Merge/Replace existing folders/files.

Crunched English q 90: 2.63GB - 501MB

3.70 star(s) 44 Votes