3.70 star(s) 78 Votes

Midnite Guerrilla

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Midnite Guerilla
I have question about the patreon pledge. I saw that your tier is 1$, but per creation. Is it means that each time you are doing a post on Patreon it's 1$, or it's means that each time you release a chapter update it's 1$ ? Because I was that you have made few posts in the last days, and I want to know if each time you release a fix or make a post, it charges us 1$. Thank you.
No, it's every time I make a paid post. No posts so far have been paid posts. Even then you're charged on the 1st.

charged_post.png

Reactions: Mrs Delington

Midnite Guerrilla

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Ok. I've posted an updated hotfix (2.5) which removes the blurring effect from backgrounds when dialogue is taking place. I'm 90% certain this is what is causing the "residual background" bug. This was always an aesthetic change anyway. There are no other changes (I've just commented out the relevant lines of code) so shouldn't (he says more in hope than expectation) break any savegames. However, as always the usual caveat when it comes to Ren'Py: I would either play right from the start or from the official save included in the last hotfix.

This is a small file (1.0MB) so should be a quick download. Delete and replace your "scripts.rpa" file wherever it may be (PC or Mac - no official Android support at the moment). If there are any issues after this I'm afraid people might be waiting a while for the next fix because, honestly, I'm not sure what's breaking the game - I've been unable to replicate the bug (except for once - which was fixed in hotfix 1) and so it will take me time to hunt it down. So, hopefully, this will do it. Good luck.

Edit: Whoops jumped the gun. There were two uncommented lines.

Download this instead:

MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING HOTFIX 2.6!

Last edited:

Moobles

Apr 8, 2019
I seem to be only able to get as far as the card game them all the backgroud scenes stay the same (i.e. mid card game), with only the clickable options showing up from then on. Then when I try and take the car to college there's nothing to click. If i'm doing something obvious wrong, it's not obvious to me. Any ideas?

StarGlider

Mar 8, 2018
Applied hotfix 2.6, but still, on day 2, when prompted after breakfast to spy on her, I can not, as the kitchen scene remains on scrteen :(

Was enjoying game up to that point, but will continue it once it's been fully patched and working again.

Good job on the fixes though, even if it didn't fix my issue :)

Arassei

May 28, 2019
" The door is locked. You can hear some strange noises from behind it but can't make out what they are "
=> *sigh* just a lesbian scene out of nowhere, again.

You devs adore make them, right ? In every game.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mrs Delington

Midnite Guerrilla

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Applied hotfix 2.6, but still, on day 2, when prompted after breakfast to spy on her, I can not, as the kitchen scene remains on scrteen :(

Was enjoying game up to that point, but will continue it once it's been fully patched and working again.

Good job on the fixes though, even if it didn't fix my issue :)
Can you save just before that and post the save game? It might help me work out why it's happening.

Attal

Oct 25, 2017
Hotfix 2.6 resolved the same issue on my end. Mind that you need to reload before the screen is meant to be cleared (I had a save from bedroom that morning just after waking that worked).

Pal_

Jul 13, 2017
Can you save just before that and post the save game? It might help me work out why it's happening.
Have an issue with the new applied hotfix. Before going to the mall with her I click on "sure", but the background remains the same for the rest of the game, even though I´m in the mall. Clicking on other rooms, overlap the screen with some stuff. Have uploaded the save.

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Download this instead:

MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING HOTFIX 2.6!
Not sure why, but your hot fix .zip files can not be opened on a Mac. Trying to unzip them pops up the error dialog "Error 1 - Operation not permitted". Zip files from other devs are opening just fine... so not sure what it is about the files you are creating, but they seem uniquely broken for Mac.

EDIT - Just to clarify, the main game files unpack and play just fine on Mac, it's just these HotFix files for some reason won't unzip without an error.

Midnite Guerrilla

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Ok. This is going to take me a while. I'll try to fix it before Monday. It may mean an entirely new download instead of a hotfix because clearly some old code is hanging around (as it were) and causing an issue since the bugs being raised are not easy to chase down.

If anyone wants to volunteer to be testers (preferably PC because that's my platform) please send me a DM. It'll be easier if I don't have to upload to three file providers and multiple versions.

Pal_

Jul 13, 2017
Ok. This is going to take me a while. I'll try to fix it before Monday. It may mean an entirely new download instead of a hotfix because clearly some old code is hanging around (as it were) and causing an issue since the bugs being raised are not easy to chase down.

If anyone wants to volunteer to be testers (preferably PC because that's my platform) please send me a DM. It'll be easier if I don't have to upload to three file providers and multiple versions.

I took the hotfix out and replaced it with the original scripts.rpa. The game worked. Don´t really know, what the fix is for, but it seems to work without for me till now

GeorgeMarty

Jul 31, 2017
ot sure why, but your hot fix .zip files can not be opened on a Mac. Trying to unzip them pops up the error dialog "Error 1 - Operation not permitted". Zip files from other devs are opening just fine... so not sure what it is about the files you are creating, but they seem uniquely broken for Mac.
I was able to unzip it with The Unarchiver, free MacPaw software

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
I have exactly the same issue, here's a screenshot and save file.
View attachment 380291
Yes, this was the problem specifically. Been out all day or I would have responded sooner.

Deleting the last scripts.rpa, then applied the 2.6 file. Started a new game again and got through the kitchen scene correctly. Will update if anything changes further along.

Have an issue with the new applied hotfix. Before going to the mall with her I click on "sure", but the background remains the same for the rest of the game, even though I´m in the mall. Clicking on other rooms, overlap the screen with some stuff.
I ended up also having this problem. I saved right before going down to the hallway for the mall conversation and can upload, if you think another save file at the same point might help.

Last edited:

GeorgeMarty

Jul 31, 2017
I don't know what's up. I can't gt to college. I had to download the walkthrough for the latest version from an older hot fix file just to learn that I could click on a previously inert icon on the screen. When I click on it it's greyed out still and nothing happens. I have car keys and gym bag from the closet in my room. wtf

mdmnsjs1

Nov 21, 2018
I don't know what's up. I can't gt to college. I had to download the walkthrough for the latest version from an older hot fix file just to learn that I could click on a previously inert icon on the screen. When I click on it it's greyed out still and nothing happens. I have car keys and gym bag from the closet in my room. wtf
go outside and click the star like thing in the top left corner itll show where you are and the school is

maelfg

Sep 19, 2017
The last hotfix solved the issue on day 2, but now it happens on the mall discussion, same as:
Have an issue with the new applied hotfix. Before going to the mall with her I click on "sure", but the background remains the same for the rest of the game, even though I´m in the mall. Clicking on other rooms, overlap the screen with some stuff. Have uploaded the save.

Midnite Guerrilla

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
As far as I can tell the main issue (irrespective of when it happens) is a blurred background not being cleared. The blurred backgrounds are not scene changes, they're screens. This means they're like overlays that can be hidden by the "H" key. If a screen is shown and then not hidden, it hangs around. Thus is desirable for the UI bar at the top of the screen or even the navigation buttons. When it's a screen that hides the background, it's less than ideal.

In the latest (2.6) hotfix all background blurs have been commented out (that means the line is ignored) so any blurred background is an anamoly and shouldn't exist. Why people are getting it? I don't know Renpy well enough to explain that. What I do know is that if the bug is caused by a blurred background then I need to know the details of the scene so I can hunt it out if there's a line of rogue code. If there's no line of rogue code then you might need to delete, reinstall and repatch, avoiding any (including my) savegames. There's a walkthrough and it's not that big a game.

I can't do much more today but I'll get back to this tomorrow.

3.70 star(s) 78 Votes