M0narh

May 20, 2024
Thief of Hearts [v0.0.1] [MrDots Games] - Compressed

Win/Linux [868 MB]
- - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac [839 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There's something wrong with the compressed version, the animations aren't showing, just a black screen.
I checked the original game, and everything is fine there, animations working.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

master861

Nov 4, 2022
Thief of Hearts [v0.0.1] [MrDots Games] - Compressed

Looks like the animations are bugged no clue why though. Will see if I can fix it.

Win/Linux [868 MB]

Mac [839 MB]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
us rpaexplorer for unpacking not sure why it not works with any of you tools

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
There's something wrong with the compressed version, the animations aren't showing, just a black screen.
I checked the original game, and everything is fine there, animations working.
us rpaexplorer for unpacking not sure why it not works with any of you tools
I am aware and recompressing atm. No fucking clue what happen but something fucked some videos (or all of them) and they came back out as 0 MB. Though I don't know why I didn't see that in my testing.
Now the only question is will it even be worth to upload cause the size will be bigger, estimating by around 200 MB.

Check my compression post again in a bit. Reuploading. I was able to keep it at ~800 MB BUT I had to reduce the quality of the pictures and audio even more, or it would have been ~1.1 GB and almost not worth to do anyways.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Looked at the previews and they looked good, but then I noticed that it's a Mr.dots game so I think I will pass. I really didn't like the writing in both dmd and sunshine love.
For what's worth, while there's still some silly moments every now and then, there's far less MC's meandering and quoting from kitchen utensil flyers this time around.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
For what's worth, while there's still some silly moments every now and then, there's far less MC's meandering and quoting from kitchen utensil flyers this time around.
I will wait until this gets a few more updates and then I will give it a try. My frustration with his games is that visually they always are really good. Even DMD which was released in 2016, still looks better than some games coming out now. But the writing for me just makes his games unplayable, a lot of it ends up feeling like filler.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Ragnar
From 2 star review

Nice renders, bad writing and bellow average tags. For better or worse MrDots team has a formula and they stick to it. This can be good if you want to play the same game over and over, not so good if you're looking for something interesting or exciting.
Landlady, roommates, magic dick, you know the drill.

What does "Below average tags" mean?

This is not much of a review of the game itself. (Nice renders, bad writing) Why give 2 stars?
The two other reviews said the writing is better than in previous games by the same dev.
IMO, the review should be in the comments. It seems like it's being penalized for having a formula.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
This is not much of a review of the game itself. (Nice renders, bad writing) Why give 2 stars?
Honestly, 2/5 for a game with this level of visual quality, actual soundtrack, at least some work put into spellchecking, somewhat unique premise that does go beyond just "landlady and roommates", and the sheer amount of content in first release feels kinda nuts. I mean, 2/5 is basically "below average" and perhaps i'm visiting some sort of bizarro f95 without even realizing it, because in my experience the average game on this site is nowhere near this level.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Honestly, 2/5 for a game with this level of visual quality, actual soundtrack, at least some work put into spellchecking, somewhat unique premise that does go beyond just "landlady and roommates", and the sheer amount of content in first release feels kinda nuts. I mean, 2/5 is basically "below average" and perhaps i'm visiting some sort of bizarro f95 without even realizing it, because in my experience the average game on this site is nowhere near this level.
People really hate on some devs and Mr Dots is one of them. They obviously have a ton of people that support their games, but every update the comments will all be about Mr. Dots and not even bothering to try the game.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, 2/5 for a game with this level of visual quality, an actual soundtrack, at least some work put into spellchecking, the somewhat unique premise that does go beyond just "landlady and roommates", and the sheer amount of content in the first release feels kinda nuts. I mean, 2/5 is basically "below average," and perhaps i'm visiting some sort of bizarro f95 without even realizing it because, in my experience, the average game on this site is nowhere near this level.
It's good to see some sanity here. Now that the facepalm has been removed, the trend is to use reviews to pentilize games for personal dislikes. These "opinions" could be put in the comments, not in reviews.
F95 could help by adding a rule to reviews that states intent will be considered when deleting a review.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
This one didnt grab me from the start like the last few Dots games have. Kind of just stopped playing it halfway through.

Maybe just misremembering but the renders feel like they are less quality than the last game. might just let this one cook in the oven for a few more updates before giving it another go.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Ragnar
From 2 star review

Nice renders, bad writing and bellow average tags. For better or worse MrDots team has a formula and they stick to it. This can be good if you want to play the same game over and over, not so good if you're looking for something interesting or exciting.
Landlady, roommates, magic dick, you know the drill.

What does "Below average tags" mean?

The two other reviews said the writing is better than in previous games by the same dev.
IMO, the review should be in the comments. It seems like it's being penalized for having a formula.
Yeah, my bad, I mean story not tags. In any case reviews are subjective, to me this game is like something I have seen and played before several times, to you this can be the goty. Still I gave 2 stars because renders and production values are high, but the rest of it feels formulaic to me. Landlady, two roommies, and so on.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, my bad, I mean story not tags. In any case reviews are subjective, to me this game is like something I have seen and played before several times, to you this can be the goty. Still I gave 2 stars because renders and production values are high, but the rest of it feels formulaic to me. Landlady, two roommies, and so on.
Thanks for clearing up the tag question.

It's not fair to penalize a game because the dev is following rules set by a cold, heartless corporation. Landlady, two roommies, and so on.
He is attempting to earn money and entertain us within these strict rules.

You don't get a ticket for going the speed limit, so why should he be penalized for following the rules?
He could have gone full incest, but he would have paid the price.

The restrictions imposed on developers this last year have been astounding. The word salad contortions in developers' attempts not to use family relations are crazy.

3.70 star(s) 16 Votes