Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
swinging and sharing isnt ntr>? wtf are this ppl talking about ,in wich fantasy are they playing???
this discussion will be ongoing as long as people THINK ntr is used for all kinds of scenes where the Love interest is fucking another man except MC.
But truth is, that ntr is the abriviation for ONLY netorare (without MC consent some other dude is fucking love interest WITH INTENTION TO STEAL HER AWAY.
It's mostly combined/confused/mixed up with:
netori (Where MC steals ANOTHER MAN's love interest away from him)
or
netorase (cuckolding, sharing - where MC is fully aware of the situation and is AGREEING with consent to share/swap)

But the 2nd and 3rd term is NOT abriviated by NTR - but that's something some people over here don't understand and therefore this discussion will go on.

EDIT:
That's the reason btw why there are different tags for it: 1727528112091.png
So in short: YES, swinging is NOT sharing and both are NOT netorare (ntr)

Last edited:

fajiker145

Jan 25, 2024
this discussion will be ongoing as long as people THINK ntr is used for all kinds of scenes where the Love interest is fucking another man except MC.
But truth is, that ntr is the abriviation for ONLY netorare (without MC consent some other dude is fucking love interest WITH INTENTION TO STEAL HER AWAY.
It's mostly combined/confused/mixed up with:
netori (Where MC steals ANOTHER MAN's love interest away from him)
or
netorase (cuckolding, sharing - where MC is fully aware of the situation and is AGREEING with consent to share/swap)

But the 2nd and 3rd term is NOT abriviated by NTR - but that's something some people over here don't understand and therefore this discussion will go on.

EDIT:
That's the reason btw why there are different tags for it: View attachment 4078801
So in short: YES, swinging is NOT sharing and both are NOT netorare (ntr)
I mean you are right about strict definitions and semantics but you can't be so dense as to think that people who hate ntr would be totally ok with "scenes where the Love interest is fucking another man except MC." right? Or with sharing/swinging scenes that are, as you said, basically cuckolding where mc enjoys it :KEK:

Regardless of context, the problem most people have with ntr is that the Love Interest is getting fucked by another character. So to pretend all those others scenarios are SO TOTALLY DIFFERENT when that is what happens in all of them, is kinda retarded. And I would assume someone from the MrDots team that has had recurring problems with those "technically not ntr" scenes would know by now. Apparently not. I mean you guys haven't figured out by now how explaining a scene isn't exactly ntr does fuck all? You serious?

People really don't give a fuck about definitions, they just know what they dislike call it sharing/ntr/cuckolding/swinging/in the past/ before meeting MC/ whatever.

Thinking that people only hate ntr and they would stop hating the content when they realize it doesn't fit the exact ntr definition is so dumb:KEK:.

"Oh, scene doesn't fit the ntr definition, I guess I love the scene now, even when I totally hated it before. What a silly boy I was" :WeSmart::WeSmart::WeSmart::WeSmart: That's what you are expecting to happen, you realize how dumb that is, yeah?:KEK:

Vernalcash

May 20, 2017
I mean you are right about strict definitions and semantics but you can't be so dense as to think that people who hate ntr would be totally ok with "scenes where the Love interest is fucking another man except MC." right? Or with sharing/swinging scenes that are, as you said, basically cuckolding where mc enjoys it :KEK:

Regardless of context, the problem most people have with ntr is that the Love Interest is getting fucked by another character. So to pretend all those others scenarios are SO TOTALLY DIFFERENT when that is what happens in all of them, is kinda retarded. And I would assume someone from the MrDots team that has had recurring problems with those "technically not ntr" scenes would know by now. Apparently not. I mean you guys haven't figured out by now how explaining a scene isn't exactly ntr does fuck all? You serious?

People really don't give a fuck about definitions, they just know what they dislike call it sharing/ntr/cuckolding/swinging/in the past/ before meeting MC/ whatever.

Thinking that people only hate ntr and they would stop hating the content when they realize it doesn't fit the exact ntr definition is so dumb:KEK:.

"Oh, scene doesn't fit the ntr definition, I guess I love the scene now, even when I totally hated it before. What a silly boy I was" :WeSmart::WeSmart::WeSmart::WeSmart: That's what you are expecting to happen, you realize how dumb that is yeah?:KEK:
One of the reasons people complain is cause the creators always say that the game is vanilla and will not have ntr then go really close to the line between the two (but by their unusual definition not ntr) and act all surprised that the fanbase they cultivated does not like that, like it happened in Sunshine love with the twins and the Sis with Victoria. And I would say it'll happen again with this game.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018

"Oh, scene doesn't fit the ntr definition, I guess I love the scene now, even when I totally hated it before. What a silly boy I was" :WeSmart::WeSmart::WeSmart::WeSmart: That's what you are expecting to happen, you realize how dumb that is, yeah?:KEK:
well - simply solution:
DONT CHOSE OPTIONS WHICH LEAD TO THAT!

Why else should there be such options? We could simply do kinetic VN.
People are that dumb nowadays that they even complain about content they could avoid.
=>" these scenes are in there, and i want t see ALL scenes, so ......"
Don't fucking judge us for your incapacibility to make the right choices and to ignore content which is not on your path.
As a meat lover i also don't rage at a restaurant for having vegan food on their menu - i simply don't order it.

fajiker145

Jan 25, 2024
well - simply solution:
DONT CHOSE OPTIONS WHICH LEAD TO THAT!

Why else should there be such options? We could simply do kinetic VN.
People are that dumb nowadays that they even complain about content they could avoid.
=>" these scenes are in there, and i want t see ALL scenes, so ......"
Don't fucking judge us for your incapacibility to make the right choices and to ignore content which is not on your path.
As a meat lover i also don't rage at a restaurant for having vegan food on their menu - i simply don't order it.
See? You guys want to make that kind of content very badly, why you go around pretending yo dont? So go ahead and do it all, ntr/sharing/ whatever, just make it avoidable and its ok right?

I judge you for being insincere, not for wanting to make that kind of content. Its clear that's what you guys want that. You've shown that in DMD and in sunshine as well.
Here you'll probably just want to wait a bit before doing it, just like those other games.

Avoidable or not, it ruins the game. Using the restaurant example you mentioned: it's like people wanting to eat shit in the restaurant. Sure you could just not order shit for yourself, but do you really want to have the people eating feces in the same room, and with the same dishes and silverware? :LOL:

Just be honest bruh and dont make silly promises like NO "ntr" but YES to everything else that is mostly the same but "technically doesn't exactly fit the definition" :whistle::coffee:

Anyway, Im off wasted enough time here :cool:

Last edited:

fajiker145

Jan 25, 2024
One of the reasons people complain is cause the creators always say that the game is vanilla and will not have ntr then go really close to the line between the two (but by their unusual definition not ntr) and act all surprised that the fanbase they cultivated does not like that, like it happened in Sunshine love with the twins and the Sis with Victoria. And I would say it'll happen again with this game.
Exactly

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So go ahead and do it all, ntr/sharing/ whatever, just make it avoidable and its ok right?
They've had fully avoidable "non-canon" scene of one of the girls banging another guy and it didn't stop complaints about it in the least.

Avoidable or not, it ruins the game.
This depends on the player. Some will be fine with avoidable stuff and will simply avoid it. Others will bitch and moan about it and won't stop until it's completely removed.

The idea that avoidable stuff ruins the game is honestly pretty stupid. You may as well complain about optional RO you don't like "ruining the game" by being an option.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
you still don't get it -and probably you count to those who still don't WANT to get it though.

We always said that our games don't have NTR - and no game of ours have NTR!

We even said that DMD for example has SHARING - we never said anything else.

In Thief of Hearts there are NON CANON SCENES which are avoidable and HIDDEN. These are NOT story related and therefore we don't count them when we say "Our game's story does not have any NTR".
Also that scene you refer to was a DREAM scene. Do you now even call DREAMS and THOUGHTS as NTR?
Sorry if you really are that sensitive. You may leave this genre at all or you will get mentally hurt.

And this will be all i say about that topic, as (like i said before) it will not lead anywhere at all.

And my very last words will be "If you don't like it, then leave it - we care about our paying patreons, but we care a fuck about the hippocrites and dumbs, who still blame US for choices THEY made and which they don't like. All we said is and was true: NONE of our games has NTR (definition like above). DMD has some Sharing. The other games stories are mostly vanilla, and ToH HAD ONE scene which has been a dream scene and she wasn't even a love interest at that point, PLUS that scene was non-canon and NOT story related or affecting the story at all.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Honestly I like the non canon scenes as I see it as a way to experiment with while having making scenes for the fun of it. It's kind of silly anyone would call those NTR. The only thing I recall not liking about them is after seeing how good the animation is in the lewd scenes in the main game they do feel a bit lackluster in comparison. However it makes sense as they just for fun and non canon wouldn't make any sense to increase dev time to animate those when dev time can go towards the main game. Tho If they do get animated when the game is completed as a post game update that would be very much welcome but I doubt that would happen but one can hope haha.

Reactions: Macky009

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Honestly I like the non canon scenes as I see it as a way to experiment with while having making scenes for the fun of it. It's kind of silly anyone would call those NTR. The only thing I recall not liking about them is after seeing how good the animation is in the lewd scenes in the main game they do feel a bit lackluster in comparison. However it makes sense as they just for fun and non canon wouldn't make any sense to increase dev time to animate those when dev time can go towards the main game. Tho If they do get animated when the game is completed as a post game update that would be very much welcome but I doubt that would happen but one can hope haha.
well - the non canon scenes may not be related to the main story, but we do them not just for fun or to experiment.
We strife to release every update with a certain amount of lewd scenes. Especially during early game the main story gives us limited options to show such scenes.
For example the one-night-stands with the 2 flight attendances - or dream scenes.
We see these nc scenes as possibility to deliver lewd content without affecting the story. No adult VN game update is more boring than an update not having lewd content. So either (like in other games) MC is jumping every girl right on the spot, which we think is the worst possible choice to do, or we have to come up with something different, which we did.
And we are in strife and strive to do these NC scenes as good as all other scenes. Some times scenes will turn out better than others, but that's normal.
Every scene has a slight personal touch from the creator, and as we have 3 different creators for renders and animations, some scenes are slightly different "quality" than others, depending on who did them - especially animations are a real challenge to get them in perfect quality

Last edited:

Draver1

Feb 17, 2021
well - the non canon scenes may not be related to the main story, but we do them not just for fun or to experiment.
We strife to release every update with a certain amount of lewd scenes. Especially during early game the main story gives us limited options to show such scenes.
For example the one-night-stands with the 2 flight attendances - or dream scenes.
We see these nc scenes as possibility to deliver lewd content without affecting the story. No adult VN game update is more boring than an update not having lewd content. So either (like in other games) MC is jumping every girl right on the spot, which we think is the worst possible choice to do, or we have to come up with something different, which we did.
And we strife to do these NC scenes as good as all other scenes. Some times scenes will turn out better than others, but that's normal.
Every scene has a slight personal touch from the creator, and as we have 3 different creators for renders and animations, some scenes are slightly different "quality" than others, depending on who did them - especially animations are a real challenge to get them in perfect quality
The word you're looking for is "strive" not "strife". Also, I thought the scenes with the flight attendants were canon. They're the ones who steal all his stuff, right? Also, I really don't understand why the MC couldn't wrap the towel around himself, instead of just holding it loosely in front of his junk. :unsure:

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
The word you're looking for is "strive" not "strife". Also, I thought the scenes with the flight attendants were canon. They're the ones who steal all his stuff, right? Also, I really don't understand why the MC couldn't wrap the towel around himself, instead of just holding it loosely in front of his junk. :unsure:
thanks - i am not english native and apologize for using the wrong term.

The flight attendants ARE canon. I meant that all lewd content we can include in early updates are dreams, OR scenes like non canon OR like scenes with flight attendants.
About the towel - well - it simply looks more funny like that

EDIT:
looking at translations, it's kinda funny that i mixed up "strive" with "strife", which both makes sense in some weird kind :ROFLMAO:
Of course we are in strife a lot while we strive to get the best outcome. (hope this time i got it right)

Last edited:
Reactions: Draver1

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
thanks - i am not english native and apologize for using the wrong term.

The flight attendants ARE canon. I meant that all lewd content we can include in early updates are dreams, OR scenes like non canon OR like scenes with flight attendants.
About the towel - well - it simply looks more funny like that

EDIT:
looking at translations, it's kinda funny that i mixed up "strive" with "strife", which both makes sense in some weird kind :ROFLMAO:
Of course we strife a lot while we strive to get the best outcome. (hope this time i got it right)
Close, very close.

Of course, we (are in) strife a lot while we strive to get the best outcome.

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

Good morning/evening everybody.

“Thief of Hearts v0.0.2” is planned to be released today at 11 PM UTC

Here you can find the countdown clock for the approximate time it will be available for you to download and play:

Link:

• The basic update (Episode 2) will be available to $5/10 patrons.
  • The Secret Scenes will be available to $10 patrons.
  • The Walkthroughs will be available to $15 patrons.
  • The Animations/Extra Lewd Images will be available to $20 patrons.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: _Gaalec_ and ffive

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017

Good morning/evening everybody.

“Thief of Hearts v0.0.2” is planned to be released today at 11 PM UTC

Here you can find the countdown clock for the approximate time it will be available for you to download and play:

Link:

• The basic update (Episode 2) will be available to $5/10 patrons.
  • The Secret Scenes will be available to $10 patrons.
  • The Walkthroughs will be available to $15 patrons.
  • The Animations/Extra Lewd Images will be available to $20 patrons.
Thanks..... will be tomorrow for me.....

3.80 star(s) 18 Votes