zandalari

May 4, 2019
What is the point of the "bonus scenes"?

Let's take the "Vivian getting off in a toilet stall" bit as an example. You get a rolling banner on top saying how IT IS DEFINITELY ABSOLUTELY NOT CANON with all the subtlety of a punch to the eye. Okay, so I will now probably see something really out there, something absolutely impossible like a gag scene, right? Well, no. She just gets off. Is it particularly out of her character? Bitch keeps talking about how horny and neglected she is, so probably not.

Or the limo scene. Another broad has a wet dream. Wow, call me shocked, women definitely cannot have those. Wack, right?

They're just normal scenes that should arguably be a part of the game.

Unless of course you had completely different intentions and this is just a system to kind of awkwardly point at it and say:"Oh man, just imagine, haha......." and if so, I wish you just went with it. Right now you all in the dev team look like cowards.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
They're just normal scenes that should arguably be a part of the game.
Why the hell would Vivian act like this? So it's NOT a "normal" scene. This way we are showing scenes which would not happen at that point during a normal story arc playthrough.

Wolverine923

Dec 22, 2017
A very strange episode - it seems like the plot is moving forward, but you hardly notice it. I would like to see more events with the central characters, at least at first, to get used to them and only then add new characters (or not to focus on them so much, at least until episode 4-5). Still, if the developer takes a three-month window to produce a new update, I would like to see this on the screen - the main character's dream scenes could have been made only three for each of the central heroines, but expanded, animations added. Because according to the plot, we will not get real action with them anytime soon, but for us as players it would have been a nice little thing.

Reactions: Hugo13

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Why the hell would Vivian act like this? So it's NOT a "normal" scene. This way we are showing scenes which would not happen at that point during a normal story arc playthrough.
Then why are they there? Why isn't she in an alligator costume since that should definitely not happen at that point? What is the point of "scenes that should not happen" happening?

Furthermore If you find the scene then you don't even know what the "normal" variant looks like. I didn't fuck with it too much but from what I remember once you have a "bonus" scene unlocked, even going back to a previous save will have it unlocked and play automatically. To go even further, the Vivian toilet scene references the bathroom scene cumshot if it happened, so they actively chain together like some "alternate timeline" shit.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
A very strange episode - it seems like the plot is moving forward, but you hardly notice it. I would like to see more events with the central characters, at least at first, to get used to them and only then add new characters (or not to focus on them so much, at least until episode 4-5). Still, if the developer takes a three-month window to produce a new update, I would like to see this on the screen - the main character's dream scenes could have been made only three for each of the central heroines, but expanded, animations added. Because according to the plot, we will not get real action with them anytime soon, but for us as players it would have been a nice little thing.
starting with next update....
Then why are they there? Why isn't she in an alligator costume since that should definitely not happen at that point? What is the point of "scenes that should not happen" happening?

Furthermore If you find the scene then you don't even know what the "normal" variant looks like. I didn't fuck with it too much but from what I remember once you have a "bonus" scene unlocked, even going back to a previous save will have it unlocked and play automatically. To go even further, the Vivian toilet scene references the bathroom scene cumshot if it happened, so they actively chain together like some "alternate timeline" shit.
simply to provide some lewd content which the story can't deliver at this point.

w123t4

May 26, 2019
Finished the update, the plot in this update is kind of weird that not as smooth as the first update and full of intentionally feeling.
It just like the developer already made the decision of how the h scenes should play in this update first then start to create the plot in order to fit the scenes in the story.

Reactions: only MILF

Hexxy

Dec 1, 2018
Respectfully, while that seems a fairly reasonable response, you have to create the groundwork for those types of scenes - ie. creating a dream sequence/unreliable narrator scenario. They didn't really do that here. Just kludging them together seems a failure of plotting, and kind of disrespectful of the players who spend money on the game [like I did as a Patreon until very recently].

And while we're on the subject of game construction, I should point out that I recently got an email from Patreon asking me if I was interested in resuming my recently-ended patronage. For reasons detailed below, I am not planning on doing that anytime soon. So, if anyone reading this is going to simply dismiss my comments as part of the pirate crowd, please recall that I - much like everyone else here, was at one time inspired to become a patron after seeing/playing the game here.

I recall several conversations with at least two of Dots' previous games regarding having something other than white women being possible love interests and Final Girls. While baby steps were taken in this regard with Yuki, there remained a bunch of cringey stereotypes that increased the 'ick' factor. The same applies to Victoria in that same game, full of Latina stereotypes; she runs a f--king taco truck, and her dad is a thinly veiled interpretation of Danny Trejo's 'angry, violent Mexican'. Ugh.

Mr. Dots' portrayal of people of color has been and continues to be dreadful, for the most part. Putting your Asian characters in a kimono and stuffing that kimono with as many Asian stereotypes as possible, as you did with Yuki in Sunshine Love, and making a secondary Asian character in that same game some big-chested version of a geisha-type Yuki was, quite simply, cringe-worthy and offensive, especially if one considers that historical animosity between Chinese and Japanese peoples which endures even today. I wish it ended there, but there are a lot of other issues in Dots' games where anyone of color is there as a side-chick distraction, not a potential love interest.

Only white women were potential long-term love interests. This has been true in *all* of Dots' games, allowing for interracial sexual relationships only as pointedly short-term.

As noted, I had pointed out these deficiencies several times.Each time, I was told by someone representing Dots that you were simply 'catering to what your players wanted', to what Dots himself "preferred"; that the next game would have more inclusion, more diversity. This claim of insisting that only white women is what your players want is in itself offensive, painting them as various shades of racist. Admitting that Dots prefers only white women as Final Girls in his games only increases the cringeworthy aspect of this.

And, despite the ongoing claims and promises of future diversity, Thief of Hearts appears to carry on that apparent tradition of 'whites-only' preference from as recently as the second update for ToH in that there continues to be no potential Long-Term-Interests with a woman of color. Indeed, there appear to be approximately zero people of color darker than white in the game at all.

The accumulated evidence that your dev team presents in the form of your games suggests that - when asked hard questions about diversity - offer only those soft, market-friendly doublespeak answers which champion diversity while having no real intention of offering women of color as valid love interests in your games..

So, when someone asks me if I chose to end my patronage of Dots' games over the lack of diversity, I'd have to say yes, but it's coupled with the fact that they promised to provide it before to keep their market while knowing full well that the game they promised diversity in had no actual diversity.

In short, they lied.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
Respectfully, while that seems a fairly reasonable response, you have to create the groundwork for those types of scenes - ie. creating a dream sequence/unreliable narrator scenario. They didn't really do that here. Just kludging them together seems a failure of plotting, and kind of disrespectful of the players who spend money on the game [like I did as a Patreon until very recently].

And while we're on the subject of game construction, I should point out that I recently got an email from Patreon asking me if I was interested in resuming my recently-ended patronage. For reasons detailed below, I am not planning on doing that anytime soon. So, if anyone reading this is going to simply dismiss my comments as part of the pirate crowd, please recall that I - much like everyone else here, was at one time inspired to become a patron after seeing/playing the game here.

I recall several conversations with at least two of Dots' previous games regarding having something other than white women being possible love interests and Final Girls. While baby steps were taken in this regard with Yuki, there remained a bunch of cringey stereotypes that increased the 'ick' factor. The same applies to Victoria in that same game, full of Latina stereotypes; she runs a f--king taco truck, and her dad is a thinly veiled interpretation of Danny Trejo's 'angry, violent Mexican'. Ugh.

Mr. Dots' portrayal of people of color has been and continues to be dreadful, for the most part. Putting your Asian characters in a kimono and stuffing that kimono with as many Asian stereotypes as possible, as you did with Yuki in Sunshine Love, and making a secondary Asian character in that same game some big-chested version of a geisha-type Yuki was, quite simply, cringe-worthy and offensive, especially if one considers that historical animosity between Chinese and Japanese peoples which endures even today. I wish it ended there, but there are a lot of other issues in Dots' games where anyone of color is there as a side-chick distraction, not a potential love interest.

Only white women were potential long-term love interests. This has been true in *all* of Dots' games, allowing for interracial sexual relationships only as pointedly short-term.

As noted, I had pointed out these deficiencies several times.Each time, I was told by someone representing Dots that you were simply 'catering to what your players wanted', to what Dots himself "preferred"; that the next game would have more inclusion, more diversity. This claim of insisting that only white women is what your players want is in itself offensive, painting them as various shades of racist. Admitting that Dots prefers only white women as Final Girls in his games only increases the cringeworthy aspect of this.

And, despite the ongoing claims and promises of future diversity, Thief of Hearts appears to carry on that apparent tradition of 'whites-only' preference from as recently as the second update for ToH in that there continues to be no potential Long-Term-Interests with a woman of color. Indeed, there appear to be approximately zero people of color darker than white in the game at all.

The accumulated evidence that your dev team presents in the form of your games suggests that - when asked hard questions about diversity - offer only those soft, market-friendly doublespeak answers which champion diversity while having no real intention of offering women of color as valid love interests in your games..

So, when someone asks me if I chose to end my patronage of Dots' games over the lack of diversity, I'd have to say yes, but it's coupled with the fact that they promised to provide it before to keep their market while knowing full well that the game they promised diversity in had no actual diversity.

In short, they lied.
Well then, I guess "These games aren't for you" That sound familiar? Don't bring this shit here.

• Haha
Reactions: Hexxy

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Well then, I guess "These games aren't for you" That sound familiar? Don't bring this shit here.
well - compared to other user over here, Hexxy is respectful and polite.
He doesn't just rage like others and gives his opinion in a civil manner.
There is no reason to respond like that (at least not to him).
Every one is free to voice his thoughts as long as he isn't insulting or inciting.
I respect his point of view and wish you can do the same.

Reactions: ffive and Hexxy

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
well - compared to other user over here, Hexxy is respectful and polite.
He doesn't just rage like others and gives his opinion in a civil manner.
There is no reason to respond like that (at least not to him).
Every one is free to voice his thoughts as long as he isn't insulting or inciting.
I respect his point of view and wish you can do the same.
That wasn't just aimed at him. I don't want to see that argument start clogging the site. I see enough as is.

Hexxy

Dec 1, 2018
Oh, I'm sorry. Was this area just for posting gushing praise, or was this a discussion area for people to talk about the game and the developer?

The single thing that I dislike about the game is what - imho - prevents the game from being as good as it could be. So, what is your problem with me talking about that?

Reactions: VicValenn

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
Can you clarify for me what ''that'' argument is? I want to make sure I don't misinterpret your comments.
On a site that features rape, bestiality, gore, Vore, Lolis etc. Arguments about diversity and inclusion are the last things I expect or want to see, because its everywhere else.

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
On a site that features rape, bestiality, gore, Vore, Lolis etc. Arguments about diversity and inclusion are the last things I expect or want to see, because its everywhere else.
im as done with the woke crap as the next one, but if he's (was) a donor and talked with the devs multiple times about it and they told him it would happen but it never did, than he has a valid argument to complain about them.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
im as done with the woke crap as the next one, but if he's (was) a donor and talked with the devs multiple times about it and they told him it would happen but it never did, than he has a valid argument to complain about them.
They should handle it with them, in DMs.

3.80 star(s) 18 Votes