Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'll reply to this post with a new one once I have that written up. Bear with me as it's a bit of typing (I'll put it in spoilers for those who don't give a shit, don't worry).
Prerequisite - for those who have never used SanchoCheats you can disregard this post completely (unless your just curious of course). This pertains to how I intend to carry forward with "cheats" and any possible ramifications from using them previously.

Okay here's the skinny (placed in spoiler out of respect for those who either don't use SanchoMod or otherwise don't care):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's it for now. Thank you for your time. It'll all be okay but thought it best for me to address this openly now while there's time to make changes until Season 4 arrives. Regards and be well.

Reactions: XXVupscales

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Nit picking I know.
But I kinda thought If you got a choice in this game it acutaly had an impact and meant something.
But I seem to remember me skipping the end of a Lauren Sex scene in the Gym because a forced (I.E.) no choice Foot Job
But then it was later followed by a convo with Jenna I think.
In which you could select what I thought because it very much sounded like it was a NO option to liking Foot Job's.
However I was odviously mistaken in my thoughts that we actual had meaningful choices.
By Yet once again this time having to skip past some of the start of Tammys scene because of you guessed it.
Another no choice Foot Job scene.

Now I have nothing against the Kink I don't believe It shouldn't be in the game after all some like it and to each their own.
The only real time I have an issue is when a game apears to be given me an option to skip a kink that do's absolutely nothing for me in the slightest.
And then turns around and totally ignores my choice entirely I would much prefer not to be given that None Choice to start with.

Apart from that one very anoying and frustrating issue I like every thing else about this game even the fact some choices lock you into certain women while the opposite choice will give you the other women.

Just Sayin.

monkeyposter_7

Thirsty for my Guest
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
In which you could select what I thought because it very much sounded like it was a NO option to liking Foot Job's.
thanks for the critique about choices in your post, i'm noting it and taking care of it
and i'm quoting just this part 'cause there is a jenna footjob in next update and was unskipable until now, i will fix that of course. it's easy to forget one of this smaller choices when i did them like a year-two ago. and when people play it happened few min/hours ago so it's fresh. but thats no excuse and thats why i have people testing and helping me with this

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
thanks for the critique about choices in your post, i'm noting it and taking care of it
and i'm quoting just this part 'cause there is a jenna footjob in next update and was unskipable until now, i will fix that of course. it's easy to forget one of this smaller choices when i did them like a year-two ago. and when people play it happened few min/hours ago so it's fresh. but thats no excuse and thats why i have people testing and helping me with this
Thank you for your quick responce.
and for letting me know that I wasn't wrong and your choices are meant to have inpact.
As I said though not to worry It wasn't like a deal breaker or anything just confuseing.
I also fully understand sometimes you can mean to do something but it gets lost or forgoten for what ever other more pressing reason may pop up.
And like I also said I was sure from experience of playing this your choices normally mean something.
So it just seemed kinda strange when that choice seemed to do nothing.

Plus its kind of a real bug bare I have.
When unlike in your game which I will repeat I really enjoy.
There have been unfortunatly some other games were we are presented with a supposed choice that turns out to be no choice at all.
Which normally means I'm left feeling both let down and wondering why the fek they would add a choice thats a none choice in the first place (It makes fek all sense).

Just Sayin.

monkeyposter_7

Thirsty for my Guest
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
were we are presented with a supposed choice that turns out to be no choice at all.
All the choices i put in should have some impact, big or small, doesn't matter. otherwise i wouldn't put them in there and waste my time coding more stuff
but it's my fuck up cause i just forget about it. this hasn't happened many times tho and i'll deff pay more attention to it when coding

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
as i understand if i add incest patch and walkthrough Mod as the same time the mod will not work? but if i remove incest patch it will remove some scenes?
if i-patch has file named same as on wt-mod then right. no scenes will be removed if you don't use i-patch.

*mumbles something about this isn't incest game*

Reactions: Sancho1969

Revelwer

Dec 4, 2021
This is due to the save being made with SanchoMod installed. Either wait for SE to drop and I release the updated mod or use the "SaveFixer" in the mod's thread. If you use the "SaveFixer" then do NOT forget you did it, you MUST remove the file if you later wish to install the mod inside the exact same VN installation (it's always one or the other SaveFixer/Mod, never both). Make sense? Good, now I suggest you wait for SE to drop public. I've ready to deploy the mod update when it does so patience is a virtue in this case imho. (also, I'm writing up a post in a bit that will go over how I'm thinking of working the exports into the next season, but I'm not done writing that post up yet)

Either load another save or start from scratch. RenPy is telling you that is has rolled back as far as it could to find a safe place to start the load but couldn't. With that traceback I can't tell if it's related to the other mod or just your save being fucked up for another reason. Also, please, always put those wall of texts in a spoiler tag, or better yet attach the actual file.
It happened again when I loaded a save and I tried ignoring it and I got this instead. Could this give you an idea of what the problem is?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It happened again when I loaded a save and I tried ignoring it and I got this instead. Could this give you an idea of what the problem is?

Well bud, I'd say the biggest issue you have is your running on OSX. What mod are you using?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, to be fair, I never notice the FJ issue on my end and I've combed through your scripts more than anyone on the planet except you of course... so I missed it as well. The good news it's a easy fix (considering there's already a variable for it in Day21).

Reactions: monkeyposter_7

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm using the Season 1 Walkthrough Mod made by the modder named Qleaf. It's in the Season 1 options at the front of the first discussion page.
I don't know if that mod is natively OSX compatible, so take that with a grain of salt. Otherwise if I were to assist you I'd need more info (like where were you or what were you doing when the exception occurred). It's not because I can't read the traceback, the issue is that the traceback error is an exception in the deepest core of RenPy which is not only extremely odd but doesn't state at what section of the VN you were at to diagnose. It appears as though you are at the Main Menu though... again, very odd.

It is happening upon Return of the Main Menu label call by core RenPy in this snippet:
Python:
init python:
    layout.provides('main_menu')
label main_menu_screen:
    python hide:
        name = renpy.session.pop("_main_menu_screen", "main_menu")
        args = renpy.session.pop("_main_menu_screen_args", tuple())
        kwargs = renpy.session.pop("_main_menu_screen_kwargs", { })
        renpy.show_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
        ui.interact()
    return

Last edited:

Revelwer

Dec 4, 2021
I don't know if that mod is natively OSX compatible, so take that with a grain of salt. Otherwise if I were to assist you I'd need more info (like where were you or what were you doing when the exception occurred). It's not because I can't read the traceback, the issue is that the traceback error is an exception in the deepest core of RenPy which is not only extremely odd but doesn't state at what section of the VN you were at to diagnose. It appears as though you are at the Main Menu though... again, very odd.

It is happening upon Return of the Main Menu label call by core RenPy in this snippet:
Python:
init python:
    layout.provides('main_menu')
label main_menu_screen:
    python hide:
        name = renpy.session.pop("_main_menu_screen", "main_menu")
        args = renpy.session.pop("_main_menu_screen_args", tuple())
        kwargs = renpy.session.pop("_main_menu_screen_kwargs", { })
        renpy.show_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
        ui.interact()
    return
It's like I said. I tried loading a save and then I got a traceback error. Then I clicked the IGNORE option and then it showed that a key error was on the main menu screen.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's like I said. I tried loading a save and then I got a traceback error. Then I clicked the IGNORE option and then it showed that a key error was on the main menu screen.
Is it for all saves you have or just one? What is the error BEFORE you clicked "ignore"? Once you click "ignore" and there's a new exception, the traceback will only contain the last exception (the "ignore" one). The previous exception is the traceback that matters most.

Revelwer

Dec 4, 2021
Is it for all saves you have or just one? What is the error BEFORE you clicked "ignore"? Once you click "ignore" and there's a new exception, the traceback will only contain the last exception (the "ignore" one). The previous exception is the traceback that matters most.

Okay here's the error I got when I tried to load the FIRST save file

Here's the error I got when I tried to to load the SECOND save file

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay here's the error I got when I tried to load the FIRST save file

Here's the error I got when I tried to to load the SECOND save file

Now we are getting somewhere. Rollback errors are a thing sometimes. You have to either load another save or start over. I can maybe assist by lengthening the amount of rollbacks available to you but it's generally only ~75% effective. I've attached a file that you can simply unzip and drop the unzipped file inside your "/game" folder (don't worry, I know what I'm doing and wouldn't give you anything to fuck you up). That being said it's likely because you used a previous mod and saved on a "choice" screen, meaning there are choices to make and you make a save at that point (which most folks do the same tbh). Since that other mod likely changes the text of the menu choices it's throwing RenPy off course.

What the file does is change the default RenPy rollback from 128 frames to 512 frames (400% more frames available for RenPy to hopefully find a safe spot to start progress on your loaded save file that has the issues).

Let me know how it goes (try more than just one save file if at first unsuccessful).

Revelwer

Dec 4, 2021
Now we are getting somewhere. Rollback errors are a thing sometimes. You have to either load another save or start over. I can maybe assist by lengthening the amount of rollbacks available to you but it's generally only ~75% effective. I've attached a file that you can simply unzip and drop the unzipped file inside your "/game" folder (don't worry, I know what I'm doing and wouldn't give you anything to fuck you up). That being said it's likely because you used a previous mod and saved on a "choice" screen, meaning there are choices to make and you make a save at that point (which most folks do the same tbh). Since that other mod likely changes the text of the menu choices it's throwing RenPy off course.

What the file does is change the default RenPy rollback from 128 frames to 512 frames (400% more frames available for RenPy to hopefully find a safe spot to start progress on your loaded save file that has the issues).

Let me know how it goes (try more than just one save file if at first unsuccessful).
Should I start a new save or just stop using the walkthrough mod? I put the unzipped file into the "game" folder and loaded both files and I still have the same problem

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Should I start a new save or just stop using the walkthrough mod? I put the unzipped file into the "game" folder and loaded both files and I still have the same problem
Well, if that's the only two saves you have then I suggest you start a fresh game either with or w/out the mod (your choice). I've never looked at that mod's code nor used it but I reckon many folks have used it before so I don't think it will fuck you later... I've heard nothing of the sort but I can't say for sure.

Revelwer

Dec 4, 2021
Well, if that's the only two saves you have then I suggest you start a fresh game either with or w/out the mod (your choice). I've never looked at that mod's code nor used it but I reckon many folks have used it before so I don't think it will fuck you later... I've heard nothing of the sort but I can't say for sure.
Do you recommend that I save before a choice pops up to avoid a rollback error?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Do you recommend that I save before a choice pops up to avoid a rollback error?
If using a mod it's good practice but considering the file I gave you rolls back 512 frames I have a feeling something else is going on, like your saves are far older than the last version of S1, etc. making RenPy pissy. That's just an educated guess though. In regards to SanchoMod it doesn't matter where you save since I don't edit the choice text directly but rather the choice code. To keep from getting too deep into the weeds I personally save on choices as well (it's natural for players to do this in any type of game regardless of platform) so, again, I don't want to be hypocritical but yes, it's usually best to save when not on a choice but major changes in a VN's script won't matter where you save, RenPy can only rollback so far before it says "fuck it". I'm assuming after all of this that your save files must be rather old... or otherwise manipulated by some other shenanigans.

3.50 star(s) 101 Votes