BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Only if player wants real ending.
wow....
that's ... shit...
Guess I'll go ahead and add this dev to ignore list to be honest,
Not really a fan of playing a game for quite a bit of time only in the end to find out I was dreaming ......
what a shit ending....
and I bet the mystery with the fairy or whatever she was ... isn't solved either ....

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
The ending people are complaining about is literally labeled "SadEnding" in the code. It's not the 'real' ending like some people are claiming. Yes, it's abrupt and doesn't really have anything to do with MC agency/choice, and is not a very well-written ending because of that... But people are making assumptions as if the events that happen on every path are somehow true, which is pretty clearly not the case.

It's only the ending if the player chooses that that's the ending, by answering the door. If the player doesn't answer the door, that path does not happen, and the things the character on that path says aren't somehow still true. Other than on that path, there aren't any hints about the game being the MC's delusion. Characters (who that ending claims are delusions) interact and talk outside of the MC's presence throughout the game and the other endings, and have agency of their own, which isn't going to happen if the whole game was the MC's delusion.

• Angry
Reactions: RareFishSticks

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
wow....
that's ... shit...
Guess I'll go ahead and add this dev to ignore list to be honest,
Not really a fan of playing a game for quite a bit of time only in the end to find out I was dreaming ......
what a shit ending....
and I bet the mystery with the fairy or whatever she was ... isn't solved either ....
Like I said in my post, that's not "the" ending. It's one ending, labeled "SadEnding" in the code, and it's entirely player choice whether that's the ending.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Oof, man glad i held off on playing this before reading the comments. From the comments it seems like a total disaster. No pregnancy with the harem unlocked either it seems?
No pregnancy in harem ending, no. It's also not in the tags and wasn't in the planned tags, so it's not a big surprise.

As for the comments, take them with a boulder of salt. People are getting butthurt over an intentional Bad End put in by the developer (labeled "SadEnding" in the code) during a time when he was pretty clearly going through some stuff. It's entirely player choice whether it happens, but the complainants are acting as if it is a guarantee that everything said in that path (and only in that path) is absolute fact and affects all other paths, even if you don't choose the sad ending.

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
No pregnancy in harem ending, no. It's also not in the tags and wasn't in the planned tags, so it's not a big surprise.

As for the comments, take them with a boulder of salt. People are getting butthurt over an intentional Bad End put in by the developer (labeled "SadEnding" in the code) during a time when he was pretty clearly going through some stuff. It's entirely player choice whether it happens, but the complainants are acting as if it is a guarantee that everything said in that path (and only in that path) is absolute fact and affects all other paths, even if you don't choose the sad ending.
Actually the dev did say this a while back.

Surely, but in distant versions, unless the impregnation was by "accident" (although all this will be seen as the game progresses, there is still nothing written).
That is why i formed it as a question. As far as the comments are concerned. I am well aware it's a bad ending and people are blowing it out of proportion. I personally don't like to get attached to characters and not have a complete relationship with them. That is why i was asking about pregnancy. Which means i will hold off on playing the game till i know for sure.

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
The ending people are complaining about is literally labeled "SadEnding" in the code. It's not the 'real' ending like some people are claiming. Yes, it's abrupt and doesn't really have anything to do with MC agency/choice, and is not a very well-written ending because of that... But people are making assumptions as if the events that happen on every path are somehow true, which is pretty clearly not the case.

It's only the ending if the player chooses that that's the ending, by answering the door. If the player doesn't answer the door, that path does not happen, and the things the character on that path says aren't somehow still true. Other than on that path, there aren't any hints about the game being the MC's delusion. Characters (who that ending claims are delusions) interact and talk outside of the MC's presence throughout the game and the other endings, and have agency of their own, which isn't going to happen if the whole game was the MC's delusion.
I think chosing the common sence, would be the right choice " Breaking through illusions or dream world is the right choice.( I hope we can agree on that. If so . .
{
That is why it's a Cannon choice because no one like to remain in fantasy world, Do they ?

}
Otherwise disney is the best place to start. :cautious: :LOL:

Last edited:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Breaking through illusions or dream world is the right choice.( I hope we can agree on that. If so . .
{
That is why it's a Cannon choice because no one like to remain in fantasy world, Do they ?
This is an incorrect assumption. The only path that claims the rest of the game is a fantasy world, an illusion, or a dream world is the literal Bad Ending. Deciding that that path is correct and all other paths are not is a choice, sure, but it's not one I would expect anyone wanting to enjoy the game would make.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
That is why i was asking about pregnancy. Which means i will hold off on playing the game till i know for sure.
The harem ending is complete, and does not have pregnancy. It's possible the other endings might, but yes, if pregnancy is a requirement for enjoyment of a game, hold off for now.

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
The harem ending is complete, and does not have pregnancy. It's possible the other endings might, but yes, if pregnancy is a requirement for enjoyment of a game, hold off for now.
To be honest that is the ending where i wanted it the most. heh I will just continue to wait and see.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020

:rolleyes:
This sounds like a really weak defense for a really weak, poorly thought-out ending that left way too many plot holes and corrupted the rest of the endings simply by what it implied. I ain't even mad. I thought it was hilarious how badly this game screwed itself with that ending. I don't think you're gonna salvage this one, mate.

Last edited:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
:rolleyes:
This sounds like a really weak defense for a really weak, poorly thought-out ending that left way too many plot holes and corrupted the rest of the endings simply by what it implied. I ain't even mad. I thought it was hilarious how badly this game screwed itself with that ending. I don't think you're gonna salvage this one, mate.
Not really trying to salvage anything, and not defending that ending itself. I literally said it was badly written. I'm mostly just eye-rolling at the knee-jerk reactions to it, like people haven't ever consumed any actual good alternate-reality fiction, ever. Also at the people declaring unilaterally that it's the only canon ending.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Not really trying to salvage anything, and not defending that ending itself. I literally said it was badly written. I'm mostly just eye-rolling at the knee-jerk reactions to it, like people haven't ever consumed any actual good alternate-reality fiction, ever. Also at the people declaring unilaterally that it's the only canon ending.
Having one ending where the player discovers the MC is entirely delusional—which, if you're following the narrative, it's really strange to just ignore someone knocking at the door—might not have been the best choice if he wanted to go with the "pick the ending you like best!" route. What reasonable player isn't going to make assumptions about the other routes after playing through that ending?

Overall, it was a clearly rushed ending that was particularly poorly executed and incoherent.

Last edited:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Having one ending where the player discovers the MC is entirely delusional—which, if you're following the narrative, it's really strange to just ignore someone knocking at the door—might not have been the best choice if he wanted to go with the "pick the ending you like best!" route. What reasonable player isn't going to make assumptions about the other routes after playing through that ending?

Overall, it was a clearly rushed ending that was particularly poorly executed and incoherent.
I don't disagree with your last line, but I think it's a broad assumption that all reasonable players will make assumptions about other routes after playing through a badly written ending. Not that it matters a lot, though; the dev has a poll up on his patreon and is considering removing it.

ArcanusLK

May 10, 2020

You are wrong. "Sad Ending" is the True Ending. Not opening the door does not make you choose reality, not opening the door makes you not know your true reality and live an illusion. It's the same reality, but don't open the door you just don't know your real situation. After all, at the end of what you say as an alternative that results in the harem, someone knocked on the door and you didn't answer. In other words, you will only experience this "alternative reality" because you didn't open the door and didn't know the reality.
Choosing an ending is like deciding whether to live in your country or move to another country. In case you decide to move to another one, but you could live in your country as that would still be possible. Choosing between the two realities is possible. Don't open the door in this case, you just don't know your real situation and opening the door shows you your illness which implies that it would be impossible for you to choose the other ending because it doesn't actually exist.

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
You are wrong. "Sad Ending" is the True Ending. Not opening the door does not make you choose reality, not opening the door makes you not know your true reality and live an illusion. It's the same reality, but don't open the door you just don't know your real situation. After all, at the end of what you say as an alternative that results in the harem, someone knocked on the door and you didn't answer. In other words, you will only experience this "alternative reality" because you didn't open the door and didn't know the reality.
Choosing an ending is like deciding whether to live in your country or move to another country. In case you decide to move to another one, but you could live in your country as that would still be possible. Choosing between the two realities is possible. Don't open the door in this case, you just don't know your real situation and opening the door shows you your illness which implies that it would be impossible for you to choose the other ending because it doesn't actually exist.
Dude you write too often reality and door. At one point I started to read the text with the voice of eminem ,)

Jokes aside I guess the biggest argument is that now with the "Sad Ending" out of the way first and early the player knows now that the whole game was just a dream (basically) and even if we get to the individual endings which are happy there is always the lingering thought that this is not real. At least thats my problem now xD

For the player that spent time with the characters and experiencing that sure feels bad.

Of course that kind of narrative has been seen many times but it was implemented in a very awkward way. Most of the time its just a cliffhanger and not 90 degrees downhill.

Edit: Read about the poll just now to remove that particular ending and to be honest it should stay in the game. The dev clearly poked in a hornets nest with it the best thing he could do is write around it. You know like a twist. We know there is something really ugly waiting for the MC/Player but somehow we are able to avoid it. And I am not talking about in a essence of pick the red or blue pill. A coherent ending.
Also there is the elizabeth drama? which know one knows about.
I dunno I just type down food for thought.

Last edited:

ArcanusLK

May 10, 2020
Dude you write too often reality and door. At one point I started to read the text with the voice of eminem ,)

Jokes aside I guess the biggest argument is that now with the "Sad Ending" out of the way first and early the player knows now that the whole game was just a dream (basically) and even if we get to the individual endings which are happy there is always the lingering thought that this is not real. At least thats my problem now xD

For the player that spent time with the characters and experiencing that sure feels bad.

Of course that kind of narrative has been seen many times but it was implemented in a very awkward way. Most of the time its just a cliffhanger and not 90 degrees downhill.

Edit: Read about the poll just now to remove that particular ending and to be honest it should stay in the game. The dev clearly poked in a hornets nest with it the best thing he could do is write around it. You know like a twist. We know there is something really ugly waiting for the MC/Player but somehow we are able to avoid it. And I am not talking about in a essence of pick the red or blue pill. A coherent ending.
Also there is the elizabeth drama? which know one knows about.
I dunno I just type down food for thought.
You are right and I apologize for that. English is not my main language, in fact I know very little. So I use a translator and I keep changing the words and sometimes repeating them over and over again so that it makes sense in the translation when I read them. If I used the translation that the translator gives me without "changing the way I would normally write" the writing would be much more "engrish" than it already is lol.
About the ending, I don't know if Dev's intention was really to say that the MC has schizophrenia and everything he lives is a lie and gives the player the choice of choosing to know about his illness or choosing to live the "fantasy" that the illness cause. But it's a fact that this "sad ending" totally removes any possibility of us considering the other endings to be true because the fact of not opening the door doesn't change the fact that someone knocked on it, understand?
To "fix" this and not to lose all the work Dev did I would simply continue this ending by having the MC wake up by his mother and making Elisabeth's visit just a nightmare. Since the MC was sleeping, that would make some sense. And he would take advantage of this "nightmare" he had about his mother having died at that moment to bring him even closer to her. So it would be as if he discovered that her death was really a nightmare and that the truth is that she survived the attack. This would save the story without having to remove the entire ending.
Although even doing this could make players think that his mother waking him up was just him going back to the "fantasy" that the illness causes. Even though Elisabeth later appears and is just an ordinary person it would still be difficult to explain this to save this ending.

Last edited:

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
Hello everyone!

I'll leave this here...

Greetings!
I don't usually go in details but here your words were "
I have not received any complaints from the people who could affect this the most, yes, I am talking about the people who not only "wasted" their time, but also the money.
And I'm not saying that your opinion is worth less. "

My Opinion:

1. This game is your property and you can do whatever you see fit.

2. At personal level I understand because i am not paying for the game so what is happening in it.

I don't have a say in it. Doesn't matter right or wrong.

3. If paying member on patreon are ok with the flow of the game then ultimately you should flow, where the money flow.

If paying member are ok with your product then why modify the content?

X-----------------------------------------X

At last I hope you understand my position that at least here I can put out my opinion even if you agree or not.

Last edited:

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
I played the game about halfway through before and now I'm replaying it since it's completed. I forgot how much I LOATHED Amy.... I'm at the hotel scene and I really wanted the Dev to have the option to say something along the lines of "Listen bitch, I've been nothing but nice to you and you still continue to be a total C word that rhymes with a baseball term for tapping the ball between the pitcher and first baseman so why don't you eithe tell me what your issue is, or YOU can Fng sleep in the gutter and I'll take the room". Unfortunately the dev does not give that option and MC continues to be a simp (yes, I know Amy mellows out, but... damn.....)

Reactions: RareFishSticks
3.20 star(s) 46 Votes