Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
You are right and I apologize for that. English is not my main language, in fact I know very little. So I use a translator and I keep changing the words and sometimes repeating them over and over again so that it makes sense in the translation when I read them. If I used the translation that the translator gives me without "changing the way I would normally write" the writing would be much more "engrish" than it already is lol.
About the ending, I don't know if Dev's intention was really to say that the MC has schizophrenia and everything he lives is a lie and gives the player the choice of choosing to know about his illness or choosing to live the "fantasy" that the illness cause. But it's a fact that this "sad ending" totally removes any possibility of us considering the other endings to be true because the fact of not opening the door doesn't change the fact that someone knocked on it, understand?
To "fix" this and not to lose all the work Dev did I would simply continue this ending by having the MC wake up by his mother and making Elisabeth's visit just a nightmare. Since the MC was sleeping, that would make some sense. And he would take advantage of this "nightmare" he had about his mother having died at that moment to bring him even closer to her. So it would be as if he discovered that her death was really a nightmare and that the truth is that she survived the attack. This would save the story without having to remove the entire ending.
Although even doing this could make players think that his mother waking him up was just him going back to the "fantasy" that the illness causes. Even though Elisabeth later appears and is just an ordinary person it would still be difficult to explain this to save this ending.
Now I understand you and dont worry if you keep writing like you did in the last post you are good to go with english. Keep writing stuff and you will get better.

Actually the way you would salvage the ending sounds pretty neat but above you posted the dev about the ending. Apparently it will be removed? so even the patreons felt something was off.
Well lets hope the dev doesnt loose his motivation because of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArcanusLK

Altered Vision

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Seriously, every single one of these patreon advertisements completely destroys any immersion a player can get. I'm sure this crap made sense for folks as the chapters were released as they'd be at the end of each content dump but as a new player it's nothing but a series of stupid interruptions. They actively harm the player experience, get rid of them.
Hello!

I've searched for the word "Patreon" in the 18 updates I've made to the game found here. I only found a break, in the part where Zoe helps Kiara (Which I just removed), then I didn't find any more, And the "patreon" that appears at the end of each version is not seen by new people since the "jump" is before those sentences.

Greetings!

Altered Vision

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
I don't usually go in details but here your words were "
I have not received any complaints from the people who could affect this the most, yes, I am talking about the people who not only "wasted" their time, but also the money.
And I'm not saying that your opinion is worth less. "

My Opinion:

1. This game is your property and you can do whatever you see fit.

2. At personal level I understand because i am not paying for the game so what is happening in it.

I don't have a say in it. Doesn't matter right or wrong.

3. If paying member on patreon are ok with the flow of the game then ultimately you should flow, where the money flow.

If paying member are ok with your product then why modify the content?

X-----------------------------------------X

At last I hope you understand my position that at least here I can put out my opinion even if you agree or not.
Hello!

Of course I understand, everyone has the right to say what they want and even more so here, which is a community.

Not only the words of the patrons matter to me, if not, I wouldn't even bother to answer you. Obviously they have a greater weight, but it does not mean that I ignore what you think.

The decision has already been made, the ending will be removed, it only remains to be seen if it will be removed completely or if it can still be downloaded on Patreon, since that is currently under voting.

Greetings!

elle21

Jul 22, 2019
Tell me if is a bug or not.. If u choose to keep slee instead open the door(work in progress) it go in loop over and over the scene with the family?

Altered Vision

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Tell me if is a bug or not.. If u choose to keep slee instead open the door(work in progress) it go in loop over and over the scene with the family?
Hello!

Are you using the walkthrough mod? Because if I'm not mistaken it is outdated, and that's why you can't continue with the new update.

On the other hand, the ending that comes with "open the door" will be removed in the next update, so don't worry about it.

Greetings!

Reactions: KiraJames

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of This Is Not Heaven Final 2 with yuk69 walkthrough mod and incest patch
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable choices (when multiple)
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!
Mega
Updated my Android port to Final update 2

elle21

Jul 22, 2019
Hello!

Are you using the walkthrough mod? Because if I'm not mistaken it is outdated, and that's why you can't continue with the new update.

On the other hand, the ending that comes with "open the door" will be removed in the next update, so don't worry about it.

Greetings!
No I don't use any mod as the choice is easy to choose the right

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
The ending people are complaining about is literally labeled "SadEnding" in the code. It's not the 'real' ending like some people are claiming. Yes, it's abrupt and doesn't really have anything to do with MC agency/choice, and is not a very well-written ending because of that... But people are making assumptions as if the events that happen on every path are somehow true, which is pretty clearly not the case.

It's only the ending if the player chooses that that's the ending, by answering the door. If the player doesn't answer the door, that path does not happen, and the things the character on that path says aren't somehow still true. Other than on that path, there aren't any hints about the game being the MC's delusion. Characters (who that ending claims are delusions) interact and talk outside of the MC's presence throughout the game and the other endings, and have agency of their own, which isn't going to happen if the whole game was the MC's delusion.
Kinda reminds me of Pinfalls where one of the endings was he was in a virtual game.

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
Is there going to be more to the game or is this it? I see final in the title but it doesn't say complete.

3.20 star(s) 46 Votes