4.20 star(s) 43 Votes

echizen128

Sep 5, 2017
I'm shocked this doesn't have more attention. Easily in my top 3 games on this site. Professional art, great writing, beautiful character designs, and the pacing - so many times in games like this every relationship has to progress at the same pace. For whatever reason. The sex scenes in this felt very natural while never being too far apart.

I was generally aware of the "Switch" comic, but always turned away from it due to disliking Casey. Now I'm interested in her and what happened! Definitely going to check it out.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I'm shocked this doesn't have more attention. Easily in my top 3 games on this site. Professional art, great writing, beautiful character designs, and the pacing - so many times in games like this every relationship has to progress at the same pace. For whatever reason. The sex scenes in this felt very natural while never being too far apart.

I was generally aware of the "Switch" comic, but always turned away from it due to disliking Casey. Now I'm interested in her and what happened! Definitely going to check it out.
Switch, then This Romantic World comic, then the game ;)

Reactions: echizen128

Cheese_Dude

Mar 10, 2019

Uh, not that you can't have an opinion here but I feel so strongly about the you being wrong about the writing/game being good that I need to say something lol, the way I see it you play a jerk that's supposed to be seen as a cool dude but obviously isn't based off his attitude and actions a lot of the time. I also feel like I'm forced into a corner with this game to do stuff I don't want to do, for example I didn't want to have sex with that actress woman but despite having the choice to basically avoid her the game pushes me to do it regardless of what I wanted (this wouldn't normally be all that significant but it is here since you're supposed to control the protag and have all these choices to make for him), not to mention the fact that a lot of the choices you need to make might as well be false, note that I said a lot and not all tho. Another issue is that I like the story but it's hard to follow since it isn't very well written, all I understand is that there's a demon in your head trying to get a demon in another persons head which you need to help your demon friend find.. they don't explain anything else like why everyone is so sexual or why this other demon is bad.. I'll end my rant there, this is getting lengthy lol, you understand what I mean now tho.

echizen128

Sep 5, 2017
Uh, not that you can't have an opinion here but I feel so strongly about the you being wrong about the writing/game being good that I need to say something lol, the way I see it you play a jerk that's supposed to be seen as a cool dude but obviously isn't based off his attitude and actions a lot of the time. I also feel like I'm forced into a corner with this game to do stuff I don't want to do, for example I didn't want to have sex with that actress woman but despite having the choice to basically avoid her the game pushes me to do it regardless of what I wanted (this wouldn't normally be all that significant but it is here since you're supposed to control the protag and have all these choices to make for him), not to mention the fact that a lot of the choices you need to make might as well be false, note that I said a lot and not all tho. Another issue is that I like the story but it's hard to follow since it isn't very well written, all I understand is that there's a demon in your head trying to get a demon in another persons head which you need to help your demon friend find.. they don't explain anything else like why everyone is so sexual or why this other demon is bad.. I'll end my rant there, this is getting lengthy lol, you understand what I mean now tho.
Hmm, I didn't get that characterization of the protagonist at all. Obviously I'm missing a lot of the backstory, but he seems like just an average dude. He's neither a jock or a pushover. He has some friends but isn't "cool" enough to be invited to parties. Apparently he mostly kept to himself up until Switch showed up. He's supposedly poor? I hadn't noticed that bit until it showed up during Lydia's arc.

I get what you mean about being railroaded, that frustrates me a lot in other games. I didn't notice it here because nothing happened that I wouldn't have wanted myself. I was interested in each character because everyone felt real. They've got their own shit going on. Lydia is a perfectionist bitch because she's trying to measure up to her sister(?), while getting off on the fantasy of never making it. I've known people like that.

Yeah the setup is pretty cliche. I've played so many games on this site that I just take it for what it is. What separated this game for me in the "writing" sense was the dialogue, characters and interactions, and how your relationships progress.

Reactions: Cheese_Dude

jasfest

Jun 2, 2017

Here is the version in the op, but everything "step-" has been removed (except for ocurences where step dad appeared)
Havent tested it much other than playing the beginning, doesnt seem to be any errors, good luck
can you ellaborate a bit more? whats the difference between this version and the op one?

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
can you ellaborate a bit more? whats the difference between this version and the op one?
The difference is that there instead of stepsister and stepmother it's presumably just sister and mother. He altered it because it didn't hit his fetish hard enough.

edgedy

Aug 15, 2017
Guessing Lydia's the possessed one right?

Edit: Nope. I was wrong, and I was sure since she got into that whole demon queen kink.

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
This Romantic World [v0.045] [Reinbach] (601 mb rar pc source)
106 mb rar unofficial pc compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
102 mb rar unofficial mac compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
done by UnRen v0.7 (Sam@f95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1 (BAS@f95zone)
EDIT. per request of zielony2 - hot-fix update patch (supposedly? i didnt find any noticeable changes in scripts (nopy from OP) (1.4mb): (rpa)
unrar scripts.rar into A) PC: GAME/game/ B) MAC: GAME.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/
and overwrite when asked; if you play the game please test if it realy was a hot-fix...

Last edited:

wiselord

Sep 3, 2017
Of course we don't like it, if you're going to use a tag that says this game has incest then we expect there to be incest, not this clickbait, half baked bs that isn't actually incest since they aren't actually related, we don't care that legally it is incest because it's not taboo when they aren't actually related.
The site should introduce an inseki tag as to me inseki and incest are like furry and beast, they are similar and stem from the same sort of fetish but clearly aren't the same. One is true taboo, the other could be accepted by people but most will think its weird

Reactions: Cheese_Dude

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Based on the change log for this update, this is an extremely skippable update. Doesn't look like any real content was added, it's all fluff.

Reactions: Tommy050G
4.20 star(s) 43 Votes